Was about to pull the trigger...

N

Nestor

Senior Audioholic
...and the target disappeared. :eek:

Spent a couple days humming and hawing over whether to pick up a Samsung 63" PNC550 at Best Buy, only to find that they were out of store stock, and the online warehouse won't ship one of the few they had out from out west to Ontario.

Besides the fact that BB customer service had a hard time finding something indicating "while quantities last", or something to indicate on their website that cross-country shipments aren't done, I was surprised to find out they weren't restocking this TV.

Anyone know if Samsung is taking the PNC550 out of the line-up? Also, there's a new one, the PNC540 listed as "new" on the Samsung site. I can't seem to see any differences, other than one less HDMI input on the 540.

Anyone have some insight?

Soooo close..... :p

GlocksRock

GlocksRock

Audioholic Spartan
Try to find it somewhere online, the price will likely be less, but not sure about shipping to Canada though. I got my PN58C590 from us-appliance.com for a killer price, but don't know if they would ship to Canda or not. But those sets do have a great picture once you get them dialed in right, they look terrible straight out of the box.

N

Nestor

Senior Audioholic
Seems post-holiday is a bad time to search for a TV. Most stores appear to be cleaned out.

Maybe big-box stores are waiting to see what models get the raves at the CES.

D

DuluthMN

Audioholic Intern
Try to find it somewhere online, the price will likely be less, but not sure about shipping to Canada though. I got my PN58C590 from us-appliance.com for a killer price, but don't know if they would ship to Canda or not. But those sets do have a great picture once you get them dialed in right, they look terrible straight out of the box.
How do you "dial" in a Samsung? The reason I ask is because I just picked up a LN40C500 from Sam's Club for $328. It was an open box deal...

Thanks

GlocksRock

GlocksRock

Audioholic Spartan
How do you "dial" in a Samsung? The reason I ask is because I just picked up a LN40C500 from Sam's Club for $328. It was an open box deal...

Thanks
Either get it profesionally calibrated, or got on AVSforum.com and find someone who has posted their optimal settings for your particular model.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis