Warpdrv - SuperSize file server build

C

Cavediver

Audioholic
Warpdrv,

It appears from your photos earlier, that the little slides that open or close the airflow holes in the HDD trays are closed. If you look closely at your HDD trays, on the inside at the front of the tray, you'll see there is a little slide that can be moved side to side to open or close the air flow holes. Opening these up will improve airflow over your HDDs and lower your drive temps.

jinjuku

jinjuku

I'd say the gui is surely look better then default NMT, but still not nearly as polished as boxee's.

Does YAMJ pulls movie trailers from your local stored movies ?
my AVR is fully HD codecs capable, but honestly maybe I'm half deaf, but I barely hear the difference between good 448Kb/s AC3 and DTS soundtracks.
I'm too cheap to give a single movie anything over 7-8Gb - One of reasons my current TV is native res is 720p ... No reason to kill storage for higher res stuff....
I would like to see how Windows 7 MCE with the current release of My Movies stacks up. When the Centon M-OCUR cable card PCI 1X card comes out I will have Insight Cable bring out a M spec cable card.

The reason that I stick with an HTPC is because you can't do this with a NMT. That and Netflix Streaming.

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
I would like to see how Windows 7 MCE with the current release of My Movies stacks up. When the Centon M-OCUR cable card PCI 1X card comes out I will have Insight Cable bring out a M spec cable card.

The reason that I stick with an HTPC is because you can't do this with a NMT. That and Netflix Streaming.
Well, I have pci-e x16 in my boxee ion box, not that I could use it, but it's there :D:D

I should post the internals photo of this box someway...I think I did a pretty decent job with cabling.

Warpdrv

Warpdrv

Audioholic Ninja
Warpdrv,

It appears from your photos earlier, that the little slides that open or close the airflow holes in the HDD trays are closed. If you look closely at your HDD trays, on the inside at the front of the tray, you'll see there is a little slide that can be moved side to side to open or close the air flow holes. Opening these up will improve airflow over your HDDs and lower your drive temps.
Hey... Cavediver.... thanks for stopping in, you are one of the reasons I went this direction in my build strategy - I learned alot from your thread "Andromeda", it was extremely helpful in narrowing down my choices, and I'm looking forward to your next batch of fan bracket.... Count me in for one please.

I will take a look at those drive slides and open them up - appreciate the tip for cooling the drives better...

MidnightSensi

MidnightSensi

Audioholic Samurai
Man, that interface looks amazing! Better than AppleTV.

The point of this is - while I'm an IT professional - my home pc mainly sucks and needs a LOT of TLC - I'm too lazy/cheap to update it properly - basically throu-away-everything except case/power supply and video card.
That's always the way it goes. Your in IT, so your home computer is a piece. Ever seen most car mechanics cars? It always goes like that. He spends the time because it is a hobby, not a profession. ;)

Warpdrv

Warpdrv

Audioholic Ninja
Yes, def a pretty cool setup.... there is more to this, and I'm still getting a feeling for all of it, but so far I'm pretty impressed... good stuff...

I have alot of stuff to work through to get it working more smoothly... but I'll get there....

C

Cavediver

Audioholic
Hey... Cavediver.... thanks for stopping in, you are one of the reasons I went this direction in my build strategy - I learned alot from your thread "Andromeda", it was extremely helpful in narrowing down my choices, and I'm looking forward to your next batch of fan bracket.... Count me in for one please.

I will take a look at those drive slides and open them up - appreciate the tip for cooling the drives better...
Subscribe to the marketplace for sale thread here and I'll update it when they're available again. ETA from the fabricator now is 2-3 weeks.

Warpdrv

Warpdrv

Audioholic Ninja
I'll keep an eye on the site and contact ya when its time...

Opened up all the drive bays with drives in them... all is good now..

Seems goofy they have open/close vents on them at all, but I guess it allows you to select which drives get the most cooling...

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis