UPDATED: Mark L. Schifter, PLEADS GUILTY to suspicion of charity fraud

Status
Not open for further replies.
MinusTheBear

MinusTheBear

Audioholic Ninja
If you are referring to the RSL-II customers and other individuals that are victims of vaporware, undelivered-product or refunds that have been refused they would be lower down the list. I would say it is very slim.

Anybody have any idea what Dickensheet and Associates cut might be? Would it be a set negotiated price or percentage based?

C

conrack

Enthusiast
Maybe October 8th (sentencing day) is when MLS will finally explain.

(Edited version)

Good Afternoon...

I know a lot of you have questions - and they will be answered...

... I'm going to have my say - but I'm going to do it in a proper and concise manner..... (Pleading guilty in court WAS proper and concise.)

.... until my Attorneys are done with their end of the matter - I simply cannot offer a bunch more...(Nothing more for his Attorneys to do now.)

.... I WILL have my say once I am allowed to... (I'm pretty sure the Judge will allow a pre-sentencing statement.)

...Trust this - more will be said - and this time I (or those more powerful and more able) will be doing the talking...(The powerful Judge will surely do some talking come sentencing day.)

...Like I've said... more will surely be shared later - but only after my advisers, etc. have their say in their areas of interest. (Advisers, attorneys, the DA had their say in their areas of interest. What's left for MLS to "share" ? Soap on a rope?)

Thank You...

Mark L. Schifter

S

sandbagger

Audioholic Intern
Kevin / Sandbagger can help you out if you really want an Ebony subwoofer. He's got an UFW-12 in ebony that he can either sell as an amp only fixed version or BBK it to a 15".
YEP and have several with either tight grain or the big wide tiger stripe along with the other finishes

Last edited:
T

thenatinator

Junior Audioholic
Looks like honeybear1 has kicked off the bidding.
If they want more bidders they should have a hit with a bat trow it in a incinerator option. Complete with a live schifty cam with slow motion replay.
throw a mfw in a inferno $5, see schifty cry priceless.
Also maybe a dunk schifty option, like they have at school fairs but over the internets? I'd put a dollar down for that.

S

skeeter99

Junior Audioholic
It seems there are 2 individuals at this point people putting minimum bids on about 40 or so of the listings. The LS Series Woofers and a Crown Forklift 220 volt with charger are the only two items that have generated enough interest to offer more than a $5 min bid so far.

https://www.proxibid.com/asp/Catalog.asp?aid=31403&p=1&srch=search catalog&sort=3
Looks like Pavacho is going to run away like a bandit with all those subs. I think we'll definitely see some ebay action shortly after this auction ends.

MinusTheBear

MinusTheBear

Audioholic Ninja
Looks like Pavacho is going to run away like a bandit with all those subs. I think we'll definitely see some ebay action shortly after this auction ends.
It looks like the one guy is going to try to assemble a pair of LS series speakers (port tubes, woofers etc). Honeybear is trying to scoop up all the warehouse/factory equipment.

T

tonygeno

Junior Audioholic
I doubt there's going to be a lot of interest in this. What might happen is friends of the criminal might scoop back the rest of the inventory for very short money and try to reconstitute some sort of half-a$$ operation. Just a thought.

S

skeeter99

Junior Audioholic
FYI I was able to get all of the owners manuals (at least all available). I'm gonna try to make an owners manual section of the Wiki site so there is at least continual access to those manuals. Funny thing, the X-Plosive is in the X-Series Manual but that sub never came out. The MFW that actually did come out and they sold thousands of, never got a manual ...

Last edited:
wshuff

wshuff

Audioholic
I doubt there's going to be a lot of interest in this. What might happen is friends of the criminal might scoop back the rest of the inventory for very short money and try to reconstitute some sort of half-a$$ operation. Just a thought.
So what you are saying is you think the operation might improve if his friends step in? :D

chessman

Enthusiast
Dickensheet and Associates is a professional auctioneer firm. While it has been retained in the past by various bankruptcy trustees and debtors-in-possession, a PACER search this morning at 9:00 EDT under the name Perpetual Technologies d/b/a AV123.com did not reveal a current bankruptcy filing. PACER is the national computer database for bankruptcy filings. Mark Seaton's earlier post mentioned a "wind up and dissolution," which is a way to liquidate a business under state law, but which does not require a bankruptcy. Thus, what entity hired Dickensheet and Associates is still an open question. It might be easiest to call them and ask.

As to who gets the money resulting from the liquidation, that is a function of who has perfected liens (think banks), priority claims (think taxes) and general unsecured claims (think vendors and customers). Contrary to some earlier speculation, similarly situated creditors share on a pro rata basis, so vendors and customers are supposed to share equally (absent a perfected security interest or other lien). The order of priority is (1) lien holders, (2) priority claimants, and (3) general unsecured creditors. The money starts at the top - if there is not enough to trickle down to you, you get zero.

C

Chu Gai

Audioholic Samurai
Before all those folks chessman, Dickensheet is paid for their service first.

R

rotorooter

Audioholic Intern
They look like they'd make good book ends. Imaginary ones anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis