UN-Official Formula 1 Thread

STRONGBADF1

STRONGBADF1

Audioholic Spartan
I couldn't agree with this more! Not to mention that the 3,400 tin can's are technological dinosoars. They don't even hold a candle to F1 cars (or even ALMS). I guess that's my thing though, I love the tecchie, engineering side of racing, I'm not just there to see lots of passing and paint swapping.
It's not easy. Just because they can make mistakes doesn't make it easy, just different. Try handling a 3400 pound car at Watkins Glen. Sounds like a long day to me.:)
I love the technology in F1 also. Makes my head spin at times.:cool:

As an aside, anyone else LOVE the new F1 G-meter? Actually it's more like a G-Graph, it's AWESOME!
Yeah, it's pretty cool, Especially when it's a long sweeping corner and you get to see how much force their necks are under!:cool:

SBF1

annunaki

annunaki

The new G meter is quite cool. I like that it has the actual G number below as well. I just wish it would hold the peak number longer. Especially under heavy braking. Turkey should be impressive for the G meter with the infamous triple apex, "Turn Eight".

annunaki

annunaki

Is any one else going to the USGP at indy in June? If so we should meet up or something. An Audioholics F1 get together.:D

majorloser

majorloser

Is any one else going to the USGP at indy in June? If so we should meet up or something. An Audioholics F1 get together.:D
Not I.

The wife and I always wanted to catch a race in Europe or at least Canada.

M

mfabien

Senior Audioholic
Montreal is closer than Europe...
...and offers one of the best venue in the world, if you consider the tracks location, an island within the City.

obscbyclouds

obscbyclouds

Senior Audioholic
Montreal is closer than Europe...
...and offers one of the best venue in the world, if you consider the tracks location, an island within the City.
Absolutely! I've been to Montreal the past 3 years. It's always a blast, the whole city gets F1 fever. Montreal is also a great city to visit (with many many attractive ladies :) )

majorloser

majorloser

Long Break....................

We start back in a couple weeks at Catalunya, Spain.

Any predictions?

Can Ferrari and McLaren hold on to the pace they're setting in the first few races?

More importantly, do you think they can keep their cars in one piece?

majorloser

majorloser

Monaco Grand Prix

My absolute favorite track on the F1 circuit. Not the best track but a place that just oozes with class and money. It's like something out of a James Bond movie :cool:

Well, the race was a disappointment for me is some ways but still a joy to watch. My boy Kimi slapped the wall in qualifying, broke the front end and ended up with a lousy start position. Of course the front three finished the race in expected order and McLaren got the lion's share of the points.

One of the best moves was a pass by Hamilton in a place they say it can't be done. The boy is unbelievable. I just don't like him, though. He comes across as WAY too cocky for a rookie. When asked if he thought of Alonzo as a mentor, he said no he's an equal. Alonzo's the world champ and your teammate. Give the guy the respect :mad:

M

mfabien

Senior Audioholic
FOX has announced that it will telecast the Montreal and Indianapolis Grand Prix races. I assume it means HD. I believe the SPEED channel has made arrangements with Bernie Ecclestone for HD telecast and that could mean an arrangement between FOX and the SPEED channel.

Otherwise, TSNHD is delivering widescreen SD this year for all F1 races. Could it be that FOX will get the TSNHD feed? I think the first paragraph is more believable.

obscbyclouds

obscbyclouds

Senior Audioholic
FOX has announced that it will telecast the Montreal and Indianapolis Grand Prix races. I assume it means HD. I believe the SPEED channel has made arrangements with Bernie Ecclestone for HD telecast and that could mean an arrangement between FOX and the SPEED channel.

Otherwise, TSNHD is delivering widescreen SD this year for all F1 races. Could it be that FOX will get the TSNHD feed? I think the first paragraph is more believable.
I wouldn't be surprised at all if we get an SD 4:3 feed for the race. But, that being said, It can't be any worse than CBS's coverage. HD F1 would be absolutely fantastic though!

B

Buckeye_Nut

Audioholic Field Marshall
I watched my first indy race in a long time, and I'll have to say my opinion hasn't changed about that brand of racing.

I guess if long 'green' runs filled with spread-out, single-file racing is your thing, then you're in luck. F-1 racing way to sterile and bland for my taste. Yes.... the technology of those cars is amazing, but the end result in my eyes is an extremely boring brand of racing. I was happy it rained out, because it gave me an excuse to switch to golf coverage..... which is way more adrenaline filled than the F-1 alternative...LOL I see now why indycar is still stuck in the 'minor-leagues' of sporting events..... and broadcasting most of its schedule in low-definition. Not to mention.....When they finally do get a HD race on the schedule, ABC drops the ball and delivers the absolute worst sound imaginable.

On the other hand...... the race at Lowes Motor Speedway was quite exciting indeed!! ..........and how about that finish??!!! Wow...that was most excellent indeed!!

After last weekend, it was glaringly obvious to me why NASCAR racing has become so huge, and why why F-1 racing will never achieve that level of success. One indycar race a year is about all I can stomach.

Last edited:
majorloser

majorloser

I watched my first indy race in a long time, and I'll have to say my opinion hasn't changed about that brand of racing.

I guess if long 'green' runs filled with spread-out, single-file racing is your thing, then you're in luck. F-1 racing way to sterile and bland for my taste. Yes.... the technology of those cars is amazing, but the end result in my eyes is an extremely boring brand of racing. I was happy it rained out, because it gave me an excuse to switch to golf coverage..... which is way more adrenaline filled than the F-1 alternative...LOL I see now why indycar is still stuck in the 'minor-leagues' of sporting events..... and broadcasting most of its schedule in low-definition. Not to mention.....When they finally do get a HD race on the schedule, ABC drops the ball and delivers the absolute worst sound imaginable.

On the other hand...... the race at Lowes Motor Speedway was quite exciting indeed!! ..........and how about that finish??!!! Wow...that was most excellent indeed!!

After last weekend, it was glaringly obvious to me why NASCAR racing has become so huge, and why why F-1 racing will never achieve that level of success. One indycar race a year is about all I can stomach.
What does Indy racing have to do with Formula 1?

B

Buckeye_Nut

What does Indy racing have to do with Formula 1?
To this layperson..... those cars and that brand of racing is one in the same. The difference between the two to me...... is similar to that between the Bush/Nextel cup cars.

Whether it's a road course or oval makes no difference.

Last edited:
annunaki

annunaki

I do not get how people can find contrived, controlled, forms of racing like Nascar or Indy exciting (Nascar is the king on the contrived part). There are twenty thousand passes a race that mean absolutely squat. As least when there is passing in F-1 it means something, like you usually keep your position instead of hooking up with three buddies in a gravy train and outdrafting the other guy. To most fans of F-1 they like the racing for the substance not the show. When someone passes it is exciting, if they can make it stick. In Nascar they pass just for the sake of passing. Not to mention it is the same thing over and over for 200 laps ZZZZZZZZZZZZ.

stratman

stratman

Audioholic Ninja
I was at a liquor store yesterday, they had the Mercedes-McLaren from last season, beautiful, looks delicate, what a rush just to touch it, it was a Johnny Walker event since they sponsor.

obscbyclouds

obscbyclouds

Senior Audioholic
To this layperson..... those cars and that brand of racing is one in the same. The difference between the two to me...... is similar to that between the Bush/Nextel cup cars.

Whether it's a road course or oval makes no difference.
I could argue that to the layperson a Bose Acoustimass sounds as good as a set of RBH signature series speakers. :D

Now, F1 has it's faults(many of them), but to alot of us, it is vastly more enjoyable than watching NASCAR. It certainly bears little resemblance (except open-cockpit cars) to IRL. Bush/Nextel cars are both part of the same organization, and run very similar tracks/configurations. F1 and IRL run entirely different calenders and tracks.

I don't understand how you can say the type of track makes no difference. I fully enjoy seeing the different types of tracks avaliable in F1, and how the drivers and teams respond to them. F1 at it's core is about Driver and Engineering skill. I love to see the best drivers on the Planet pulling 4-5 G's during turns and braking then stomping on a 2.4L V-8 to 20,000 RPM (now that's a symphony) shifting gears in milliseconds. I can't get that from any other brand of racing.

I'm not saying that you should like or watch it, but to say that IRL and F1 are one and the same is a complete fallacy.

obscbyclouds

obscbyclouds

Senior Audioholic
I think if you look on a worldwide scale, you'll see F1 is just as popular (if not more) than NASCAR.

B

Buckeye_Nut

I think if you look on a worldwide scale, you'll see F1 is just as popular (if not more) than NASCAR.
Yea, kinda like soccer is a huge sport worldwide, but in the USA.... it's a minor league sport where the averagel MLS teams struggle to put 10k fans in the seats. Heck, many HS football teams have larger fan bases than pro soccer teams...... LOL

I guess you could say F1 racing is the soccer of auto racing.

Last edited:
obscbyclouds

obscbyclouds

Senior Audioholic
Yea, kinda like soccer is a huge sport worldwide, but in the USA.... it's a minor league sport where the averagel MLS teams struggle to put 10k fans in the seats. Heck, many HS football teams have larger fan bases than pro soccer teams...... LOL

I guess you could say F1 racing is the soccer of auto racing.
That's a pretty fair comparison actually. However I'm not sure why that matters one way or the other. No point in liking something because everyone else does, right? If that was the case, we'd all love pop music.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis