UN-Official Formula 1 Thread

TheWarrior

TheWarrior

Audioholic Ninja
Keep in mind Bernie does not make the tech rules, the FIA owns that. The teams also agree to them at some level.

Love him or hate him, Bernie has done a lot for the sport, but his hold on commercial rights has held the sport back in the past decade.
Bernie has direct influence over the rule changes. Just look at the stupid qualifying procedure that started the first couple races this year. The teams hated it, Bernie remained smug.

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
No doubt that F1 a very rich man's game. Unfortunately, money has a way of removing all the "sport" .

TheWarrior

TheWarrior

Audioholic Ninja
Let's be honest, with or without Bernie, F1 may not be around much longer. It costs Billions just to operate. And an 80-something, decrepit old man is not the one to be calling the 'shots' for teams that are working 'round the clock to achieve victory in hundredths and thousandths of a second!

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
F1 is losing its appeal and I'm thinking of switching to the the group of races like the 24 hour LeMans where a team of drivers have to cycle through the car to complete a race and in all kinds of weather. Color me impressed!! :)

TheWarrior

TheWarrior

Audioholic Ninja
F1 is losing its appeal and I'm thinking of switching to the the group of races like the 24 hour LeMans where a team of drivers have to cycle through the car to complete a race and in all kinds of weather. Color me impressed!! :)
It's sad because there is no denying the physical and mental preparation required just to drive an F1 car, let alone have the strength to even complete a race! But over here, too much attention is paid to driving around in circles and crashing, rather than the complex engineering required to allow an F1 car to do what it does.

Endurance racing is right up there, tho! Just a different flavor of fatigue. But just like F1, it is very much a team sport!

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis