Too Much Rep in 24 Hours

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
How much is too much? Based on my personal experience the Thanks feature cuts into the ability to pass out rep points. I'm thinking that the rules must be spelled out somewhere or someone may have figured it out. TIA.

Alex

adk highlander

adk highlander

Sith Lord
Great question Alex. I know that I have to sometimes remove the thanks if I want to leave rep points and it seems that you cannot leave the same person rep 2 times in a row.

bandphan

bandphan

Banned
at leat in the same thread, i try to do rep before thanks beacuse of the "to much" filter.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
That's a good question. I don't know the answer. If you need to experiment or anything, though, I'll offer up my services. :D

I was also wondering if that allowable total takes into account negative rep. In other words, if you give out red chicklets (negative points), does that allow you to then give out more green ones? I'd prefer to not be part of that experiment. ;) I was just wondering. I don't plan on giving those out, but it is a curiosity of mine.

Hee, hee. I just did a Google search to see if I could find it, and I came across another forum where they also put up threads like this that turn into blatant plugs for points. Ahhh, it feels nice to have some company. :D

adk highlander

adk highlander

Sith Lord
One thing I just realized from the receiving end is that the bright green chicklets don't come every 100 points received. Is it 150 or 200?

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
Brilliant Idea

I'll not pass out Thanks or rep points for 48 hrs or so. Then I'll pass rep points out to the posters in this thread until I'm tapped out. That will show how many times I can do it and how many points are passed out. With some help from Mtry we might be able to establish a scientific law. :D

Seems that since rules are in place, somebody must know what they are.

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
I tried to leave you rep and it still says I need to spread around (you were the last one I gave it too) and it has been longer than 48hrs.
My theory (non-scientific) is that you have been abusing the Thanks Botton.

Edit: For this to work we need a few more posters. If you need a written invitation, this is it.

Last edited:
Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Alex is right, Craig. There's some limit to how much we can give out (I'd love it if we could find out what that limit is), and you can hit that limit by either giving out thanks at three points a pop or by giving out rep through the scales. The limit applies to giving out rep through the scales, but so far I don't know of anyone who has been limited in how many thanks that they can give out. When I took a week off from work, I was on here a lot and was giving out a lot of thanks - and I could almost never give out rep using the scales. Once I went back to work, I could hit people with rep because I wasn't burning through my allotment with the thanks buttons.

If you need to "spread some rep around" before giving it to someone else, you can give some other people thanks to accomplish that. Also, you can go back and remove the last thanks that you gave that person and try to give them rep (and then give the thanks back).

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Arrrgggg, the irony. I went to give you rep, Alex, but I've given out too much in the past 24 hours!!! :eek: :)

[BTW, Alex was the first on a list of some others - so no one feel left out. ;)]

J

jostenmeat

Audioholic Spartan
Arrrgggg, the irony. I went to give you rep, Alex, but I've given out too much in the past 24 hours!!! :eek: :)

[BTW, Alex was the first on a list of some others - so no one feel left out. ;)]
Stop inflation of chiclet currency, Adam! :p

Adam, since you already have for me, would you like me to dish out to Alex on your behalf? :cool:

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Stop inflation of chiclet currency, Adam! :p

Adam, since you already have for me, would you like me to dish out to Alex on your behalf? :cool:
Man, chicklet inflation is happening with or without me. Chicklets are being printed without enough rep reserve to back them up. A chicklet collapse is imminent without some sort of admin bail out. :D

Feel free to dish out to Alex! Mighty nice of you. I'm sure that he wouldn't mind. ;)

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
you gotta release your chicklet reserves Adam.

want me to help ;) ?
That's mighty kind of you to offer, Mike. :) It's on the table, but the bail out negotiations are still ongoing, so the details aren't finalized just yet. We hope to have them hammered out by tomorrow night.

We were close to a deal, but then Alex had to go get some moisturizer or something from the mall. He mentioned something about it being a secret and then left in a hurry. I think it was for his girlfriend Victoria, but I didn't quite follow what he was saying.

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
That's mighty kind of you to offer, Mike. :) It's on the table, but the bail out negotiations are still ongoing, so the details aren't finalized just yet. We hope to have them hammered out by tomorrow night.

We were close to a deal, but then Alex had to go get some moisturizer or something from the mall. He mentioned something about it being a secret and then left in a hurry. I think it was for his girlfriend Victoria, but I didn't quite follow what he was saying.
You give out a lot of rep. BTW, I just returned the favor (Rep+Thanks) :)

SheepStar

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
39 hours or so of recharging my rep batteries allowed me to give rep points out to 10 members. The guys in this thread who went without were gypped by the dastardly 'spread it around' rule. My total points are 1087 so that divided by 40 would be what each testee got. So I was able to dish out 270 points.

You know, I bet vBulletin could be asked how this is all set up.
This just can't be like a matter of site security.

Last edited:

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis