dkane360

Audioholic Field Marshall
Now I'm craving pizza...

Mack and Mancos in Ocean City, NJ. What I would do for a few slices... :eek:

Last edited by a moderator:
A

ACsGreens

Full Audioholic
Well, that's it. Audio projects now pushed off to the side, i'm building a wood oven!!!

Steve81

Steve81

Audioholics Five-0
Big pizza fan here, and I can appreciate them all. There's something about a greasy thin crust pepperoni pizza from Donatos or Pizza Hut (or Pizza King or Cassanos when I'm out in Ohio/Indiana) that makes my mouth water. On the other hand, I've trekked through Europe before as a youngster and can appreciate the appeal of a real Italian pizza as well. I've also made a few pies at home with what I'd qualify as a fair degree of success with the aid of a pizza stone and an iron skillet (for deep dish).

Curious note: some of the best pizza I ever had was at a buffet in Reno. When I returned a year or two later, much to my dismay it was gone.

dkane360

dkane360

If anyone is in (or passing through) southwestern Virginia, The Palisades in Eggleston, VA has a great pizza. Grilled tenderloin, gorgonzola & mozzarella.

I think I'll make a trip out there this weekend :D

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Curious note: some of the best pizza I ever had was at a buffet in Reno. When I returned a year or two later, much to my dismay it was gone.
Great pizza, and you were surprised that it was gone after a year? That must have been one huge buffet.

:D

STRONGBADF1

STRONGBADF1

Audioholic Spartan
This thread reminded me of a quote:

"sex is like pizza. even if its bad, its still pretty good"

Gene, I bet you have a box in his freezer.:p

Steve81

Steve81

Audioholics Five-0
Great pizza, and you were surprised that it was gone after a year? That must have been one huge buffet.

Hah!

Also on the topic of pizza, when I'm feeling like something fancier than Papa Johns, I've got a pretty snazzy pizza joint down the road. They've got great sliders too.

rv home | matchbox rockville

lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord
This thread reminded me of a quote:

"sex is like pizza. even if its bad, its still pretty good"

Gene, I bet you have a box in his freezer.:p
There is way more truth to this quote than I can admit.

M

Midwesthonky

Audioholic General
I was avoiding this thread but broke down and opened it up today. DAMN YOU!!! Now I'm craving good pizza.

In Milwaukee, my favorite pizza is Zaffiro's Pizza. The original location is the best because of their oven. They opened up two locations in movie theaters that are close but not quite as good.

Wife and I have been doing pizza on the grill lately. That way we get a crispy crust, melted cheese, and it's done fast.

I still prefer the pizza in Italy. In Rome, I had a 4-cheese (quatro formagio) with just sauce and nothing else. Drool... Then in another small town... man that's a good memory. I love the Buffalo mozzarella over in Italy. I haven't come close to finding anything nearly as good in the states.

Now I'm thinking of making pizza tomorrow with fresh mozzarella and crust I make myself. I prefer making my own crust over buying a frozen pizza or even a Papa Murphy's. Cook it on the pizza stone in the oven...

Crap, I'm going to think about this all night.

dkane360

dkane360

I was avoiding this thread but broke down and opened it up today. DAMN YOU!!! Now I'm craving good pizza.

In Milwaukee, my favorite pizza is Zaffiro's Pizza. The original location is the best because of their oven. They opened up two locations in movie theaters that are close but not quite as good.

Wife and I have been doing pizza on the grill lately. That way we get a crispy crust, melted cheese, and it's done fast.

I still prefer the pizza in Italy. In Rome, I had a 4-cheese (quatro formagio) with just sauce and nothing else. Drool... Then in another small town... man that's a good memory. I love the Buffalo mozzarella over in Italy. I haven't come close to finding anything nearly as good in the states.

Now I'm thinking of making pizza tomorrow with fresh mozzarella and crust I make myself. I prefer making my own crust over buying a frozen pizza or even a Papa Murphy's. Cook it on the pizza stone in the oven...

Crap, I'm going to think about this all night.
I can see it now...

Audioholics Pizzeria
"Pursuing the truth in pizza"

M

Midwesthonky

Audioholic General
I can see it now...

Audioholics Pizzeria
Sad truth, isn't it? After I posted, I waited about 15 minutes, then caved and pulled out the mixer and whipped up a test batch of pizza dough. I made some modifications to try to get closer to my favorite crust.

Sigh...I broke down and now I have pizza dough resting in my fridge calling out to me "Smother me in cheese and make me hot!"

Or something not quite like that...:rolleyes:

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Audioholics Pizzeria
Hey, if pizza is like sex - then I don't want the truth. :eek: Lie to me. :p

"Yep, it's fat free and calorie free. It will actually get you into better shape." :D

Rickster71

Rickster71

Audioholic Spartan
What a mistake it was reading this thread...since I've only had two apples for lunch.

Steve81

Steve81

Audioholics Five-0
Mmm Papa Murphys. Haven't had them in years...Price was certainly right as I recall.

A

armaraas

Full Audioholic
Dang it all. This reminds me, I was going to pick up some tzakiti sauce and feta cheese after work tonight to make a gyro pizza tomorrow evening. I forgot though.
I guess Canadian bacon and pineapple will have to do.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis