gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
A Woodfire Pizza place close to my home. It's family owned and they are from Italy. They import the tomatoes, mozzarella, and flour from Italy. the 900 degree woodfire oven is also from Italy as is the sand they use inside of it.

I had them whip us up a Margarita pie with fresh eggplant, basil, ricotta and spinach.

After eating this, I can never go back to traditional NY pizza let alone the crap you get at chains (ie.Papa Johns, Dominos, etc).

Attachments

gmichael

gmichael

Audioholic Spartan
It's so big that it makes the girl in the chair look to be about 10.

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
Now I am hungry...
thank god I saw this after I had lunch... I'd would have to swap my salad for pizza otherwise :)

p.s: Gene - Only place in the world where you can get NY pizza is NY. The rest are cheap imitations.
Grimaldi's, Totonno's, L&M Spumoni are on a very short list of places where you can get real NY Pizza

But I do like that pizza too :D;)

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
It's so big that it makes the girl in the chair look to be about 10.
that girl in my 12yo daughter :)

The Pizza is only 12". Can't make them bigger while retaining their Certification for being Authentic Italian Pizza.

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
thank god I saw this after I had lunch... I'd would have to swap my salad for pizza otherwise :)

p.s: Gene - Only place in the world where you can get NY pizza is NY. The rest are cheap imitations.
Grimaldi's, Totonno's, L&M Spumoni are on a very short list of places where you can get real NY Pizza

I hear you as I am from NY and I can tell you I can't get a Pizza like this in Long Island. Maybe in NYC but not sure. I want to try "Under the Brooklyn Bridge" next time I go to NYC.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi

LOL. We have a few places that make NY "style" pizza in the area. One of them near my work is run by an Italian family and they make it all by hand. The grandfather kinda looks like a Godfather :eek: :)

dkane360

dkane360

Audioholic Field Marshall
Pizza is one of my many passions :D

Too bad there isn't anywhere decent where I go to school. Maybe I'll open up a pizza shop down here after I graduate. I'm not Italian, but I've eaten my fair share of pizza :p

S

saeyedoc

Junior Audioholic
Yes, the real Neopolitan stuff is amazing. A VPN certified place here has a beautiful oven he imported from Italy that cooks the pies in 90 seconds. He makes his own cheese and the basil is picked fresh off the plant for every order. His water is modified and he uses only certain types of flour and tomatoes. I grew up in Philly and NYC and it's better than anything I've had anywhere.

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
Yes, the real Neopolitan stuff is amazing. A VPN certified place here has a beautiful oven he imported from Italy that cooks the pies in 90 seconds. He makes his own cheese and the basil is picked fresh off the plant for every order. His water is modified and he uses only certain types of flour and tomatoes. I grew up in Philly and NYC and it's better than anything I've had anywhere.
Yep same here. They cook the pizza at 900 deg so it only takes 90 seconds. I feel like I stepped into Italy and best of all I don't need a 10hr plane flight. Just a 20 min ride to the mall :)

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
I like pizza but I'm very lactose intolerant :(
I feel your pain. My wife is the same way, and I have sensitivity. She can eat Mozzarella but not Ricotta. Take lactaid pills prior to eating cheese and make sure you take probiotics and digestive enzymes regularly.

mike c

mike c

Audioholic Warlord
my comment to my wife when we were in Italy ...

"i still like Shakey's"

:D seriously though, i can taste the difference in the dough and freshness of the ingredients ... but i'm a "loaded" pizza kind of guy. the pizzas in italy are 2-3 toppings tops. [pun intended]

11 delicious toppings! Count them: beef, Italian sausage, pepperoni, ham, salami, cheddar cheese, salami bits, mushrooms, red and green bell pepper, onions and black olives.

its phillip

its phillip

Audioholic Ninja
I feel your pain. My wife is the same way, and I have sensitivity. She can eat Mozzarella but not Ricotta. Take lactaid pills prior to eating cheese and make sure you take probiotics and digestive enzymes regularly.
I have an amazon subscribe & save delivery service of lactaid ultra :D It doesn't always help though. When it doesn't, I find out in just a few minutes...but the pills usually help. I still try to moderate my dairy intake, even with the pills.

I try to take probiotics regularly as well, but sometimes I forget. I take "nutrition now pb8 vegetarian formula", and while they do seem to help, it's hard to have a basis for comparison in regards to long term supplements. Previously I had these strawberry flavored chewable ones that I got at albertson's, but they had to be refrigerated which made them even easier to forget to take.

Anyway, the pizzas in this topic look great :)

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
I gave up dairy for about a year for other reasons, and in that time, I discovered that I really like pizza without cheese. If you haven't, you might want to try it. :)

dkane360

dkane360

Audioholic Field Marshall
I gave up dairy for about a year for other reasons, and in that time, I discovered that I really like pizza without cheese. If you haven't, you might want to try it. :)
My mom is lactose intolerant, so she orders pizza without cheese. Most people look at her strange, especially in Italy :D

:D seriously though, i can taste the difference in the dough and freshness of the ingredients ... but i'm a "loaded" pizza kind of guy. the pizzas in italy are 2-3 toppings tops. [pun intended]
I'm a pizza minimalist. A margherita pizza is the best way to tell how good a pizza place is.

its phillip

its phillip

Audioholic Ninja
I've never thought about pizza without cheese (I love cheese :D). I only get chain pizza like papa johns or whatever so it's not the world's greatest, but I'll give it a try next time :)

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Fact: HUMANS are lactose intolerant, just some more than others. Doesn't stop me from eating pizza. If you regularly drink milk and/or consume a fair amount of dairy, you will retain the enzymes to more easily digest it. If you don't, you lose the enzymes and become less tolerant of dairy.

lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord
I love Pizza. We've got some excellent places around here. But Grimaldi's is worth the walk, just know they only take cash and are packed at 3pm. I still ate 7 of the 8 slices though.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis