termin8ted314

Audioholic
My current system consists of
Mains BP7006
Center CLR2300
Surround BP2X
Subwoofer Supercube 2
Receiver Denon 2310ci

Since I already have a Def Tech sub should I be looking into adding another Def Tech or would I be able to go with an SVS or HSU? I'm new to running multiple subwoofers so I'm not sure if I should be going with the same subwoofer or can use something smaller and play with the frequencies.

Thanks

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I would get identical subs.

Also read the Audioholics article on multi subs.

lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord
My current system consists of
Mains BP7006
Center CLR2300
Surround BP2X
Subwoofer Supercube 2
Receiver Denon 2310ci

Since I already have a Def Tech sub should I be looking into adding another Def Tech or would I be able to go with an SVS or HSU? I'm new to running multiple subwoofers so I'm not sure if I should be going with the same subwoofer or can use something smaller and play with the frequencies.

Thanks
You would honestly be better off going with an SVS or HSU sub and selling your Def Tech or moving it to a 2nd system. Such a small box is compression limited from delivering deep bass. Not even the LMS Ultra can overcome this. If you are limited to small subs then adding another would be helpful, but if you can get a larger box into your setup then you'd get deeper bass.

T

termin8ted314

Audioholic
I wonder how much i can offload my supercube for.

I was originally looking at the HSU VTF-3 MK3 and the SVS PB12-NSD but i see they dont make the PB12 anymore. Does anyone know how the new models compare?

T

termin8ted314

Audioholic
I ended up moving my subwoofer to a better spot and it sounds way better now. Im still considering selling it and ordering something from HSU or SVS but for now I'm liking the new placement. I ordered a new cable from blue jeans so I dont have to use a coupler now that i found its new place.

E

exospire

Audioholic Intern
Placement is key! I have an SVS PB10-NSD and no matter where I put it, I keep getting a null in some frequency range. I play that song Kid Cudy - Mr Rager where there are 3 bass drops that extend from the low range to the higher range, and in this new house I'm in, some of the notes disappear, it's not continuous. I'm thinking adding a 2nd sub would help me here, but I really want to upgrade to a 15" as well lol

C

coburnmotors

Audiophyte
Get the same set up as your other sub and you wont be sorry!

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis