The Avengers Blu-ray

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
I think the relative lack of rumble is one of the things that made this less exciting when I watched it last night. Thor had some really good bass, and I was expecting at least the equivalent.

It's not like it doesn't have any...but it's not enough to make it one of those "hey, you've got to hear THIS" kind of movies.

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
I agree, I mean if "How to Train Your Dragon" can have that kind of rumble then why can't a multi-multi-multi-million dollar action movie?

avnetguy

avnetguy

Audioholic Chief
I agree, I mean if "How to Train Your Dragon" can have that kind of rumble then why can't a multi-multi-multi-million dollar action movie?
Maybe they didn't want the sound effects to overshadow the quality acting? ;)

Steve

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
I think the relative lack of rumble is one of the things that made this less exciting when I watched it last night. Thor had some really good bass, and I was expecting at least the equivalent.

It's not like it doesn't have any...but it's not enough to make it one of those "hey, you've got to hear THIS" kind of movies.
Exactly. I just finished watching it and boy, it surely lacks those qualities. Bummer.:mad:

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
I was doing a little comparison today between some of the action scenes in the avengers to stuff like the attack on home tree in avatar, train crash scene in super 8, and sand storm scene in flight of the phoenix. Very disappointing when you look at the objective data.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Okay, lack of bass or no - my initial lack of love for this movie has transformed into me watching the final battle about six times. :)

From an overall movie perspective, I miss the personal background and relationship aspects of Thor and Captain America, as I think that makes for a fuller story - but that battle is awesome.

"You and I remember Budapest very differently." :D

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
Can't disagree there. I do abhor the fact that the bass was stifled, but overall I thought it was the right mix of action, serious, and funny.

However, as you also pointed out the story was a bit thin and I'm still not crazy how they handled the hulk, but overall more good than bad.

bread29

bread29

Junior Audioholic
Although redundant, I would like to do my share of complaining. I'm dissapointed with the LFE in this movie as well...I just expect to be blown away by a new release of this caliber. I was also mislead by the AVS review where words like "deep, clean, powerful bass" was used. I found it much more enjoyable to run the LFE channel hot +3. :D

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
I watched this flick over the weekend and loved it. The constant taunting/prodding of the Hulk by Iron Man and the sucker punch to Thor by the Hulk was freaken halarious. I loved this flick. This is going to be a flick I'm going to watching many times I'm sure.

Now to the soundtrack....IHO the soundtrack wasn't as bad it was made out to be in this thread. The bass was there but not overly abundant nor was it as anemic as Battleship. The surround use was good as well. Seriously folks, if you think this flick had poor bass, check out Battleship.

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
Okay, lack of bass or no - my initial lack of love for this movie has transformed into me watching the final battle about six times. :)

From an overall movie perspective, I miss the personal background and relationship aspects of Thor and Captain America, as I think that makes for a fuller story - but that battle is awesome.

"You and I remember Budapest very differently." :D
"Puny god!!" love that line :D

gmichael

gmichael

Audioholic Spartan
"Puny god!!" love that line :D
My wife and I laughed out loud at that point. I couldn't help but think of an Aerosmith song.
We enjoyed the movie, even though our 3 year old was very impatient to get through the earlier scenes. You know, the ones where all they do is talk. The bass wasn't as much as I expected, but it was OK. We'll try to check out the 3D disk this weekend after the QT pie is off to bed.

darien87

darien87

Audioholic Spartan
I've watched a few scenes and the dialog seems to be very quiet to me. So much so that I want to turn up my center. Anyone else notice this?

The bass hit when Thor slams Mjolnir on Cap's shield in the mountains was pretty damn cool.

H

Hocky

Full Audioholic
I don't think that the dialog was quiet, it was just mixed to be very dynamic. I had to run it louder than normal.

avnetguy

avnetguy

Audioholic Chief
Watched it tonight, was very entertaining with a few really funny parts. I thought the sound was ok but not over the top for sure.

Steve

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
My favorite scene was when the Hulk punches Thor....just 'cause!:D

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi

Welcome to the Orient, oh honorable Samurai!

The sword now passes to you...

:D

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
Thanks! I didn't notice that I reached a "milestone".

M

markw

Audioholic Overlord
Aw, Cheeze 'n crackers, guys!

This is a fun movie, not an audio showcase. I don't think most people buying it really care.

So, sit back, tweak the volume if you wish, and enjoy it for what it is.

I swear, youse geeks would concentrate on her mole if you were with Cindy Crawford.

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
I swear, youse geeks would concentrate on her mole if you were with Cindy Crawford.
Every time I've been with Cindy Crawford, I'm concentrating on "please don't wake up, please don't wake up... Aww... Damn."

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis