The Avengers Blu-ray

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
Just bought the 4 disc combo from amazon for $19.99.

mike c

mike c

Audioholic Warlord
yep. it was 630am :)

but yeah, now that you mention the black widow actress (so i don't have to spell her name) ...

what happened to her jugs? did they shrink?

i mean, do you get pamela anderson as an attraction, and then cover up her bosom?

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
Got roped going to Costoc last night. I have to pick it up tonight at Walmart for $27. No nice deals in my neck of the woods. :(

M

markw

Audioholic Overlord
Thought you boys would get a kick outta this Honest Trailer

I sure did. :D

Click here and click on the enclosed picture.

A great way to start your day, or end it if you're in the PI.

Send Margaritas

Send Margaritas

Audioholic
Watched it last night. While I don't think it was as good a movie, as say Pulp Fiction, the movie was good entertainment. I liked the interaction between the characters. I think Robert Downey Jr (Ironman) had some of the best lines.

Good video, lots of good sound. If you're wavering on getting it, I'd give it a +1 on adding it to the collection.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I watched a few scenes to check out the sound and the 3D. The 3D is excellent on this one, and while I didn't think the LFE was the best I've heard, there was certainly a lot of it. Will get around to watching the whole thing this weekend.

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
I watched a few scenes to check out the sound and the 3D. The 3D is excellent on this one, and while I didn't think the LFE was the best I've heard, there was certainly a lot of it. Will get around to watching the whole thing this weekend.
Is the LFE on this better than Battleship?

DTS

DTS

Senior Audioholic
Watched it last night, was going to wait till Friday when friends are coming over, but figured I better preview it first. ;) I would agree its one of the best looking movies I've seen. I was a bit surprised though that I watched (listened) to it at +2, instead of the normal 0 for most movies, especially DTS related. Even at the +2 I didn't feel like I was pushing anything. I'm not complaining, the track is awesome, its that on some DTS I tend to start at a couple under and work my way up or even down sometimes.

gmichael

gmichael

Audioholic Spartan
Watched it last night, was going to wait till Friday when friends are coming over, but figured I better preview it first. ;) I would agree its one of the best looking movies I've seen. I was a bit surprised though that I watched (listened) to it at +2, instead of the normal 0 for most movies, especially DTS related. Even at the +2 I didn't feel like I was pushing anything. I'm not complaining, the track is awesome, its that on some DTS I tend to start at a couple under and work my way up or even down sometimes.
0?
+2?

Gee willikers Batman. That's frickin' loud!:eek:

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
0?
+2?

Gee willikers Batman. That's frickin' loud!:eek:

huh? what?? :p

I picked up last night at Wally World. Going to watch it this weekend with another couple..

Last edited:
rgriffin25

rgriffin25

I'm glad I'm not the only one that felt I had to turn it up a bit more than other movies. I usually watch movies at -23 and on this one I had it at -20. Even then I wanted more. Perhaps my initial viewing at the local IMAX didn't help?!?

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
I just finished it tonight. Call me crazy, but I liked Thor better. This had some entertaining scenes, but overall, I thought that it was okay.

Wayde Robson

Wayde Robson

Audioholics Anchorman
Damn, I totally forgot this came out. I got so caught up in the Dark Knight Returns blu-ray disc that I forgot this release was at hand.

I'll definitely buy and give it a viewing this weekend. I'm looking forward to doing some movie watching. Wow... I've got some superhero watching to do!

T

templemaners

Senior Audioholic
There's supposed to be a HPF on the LFE at around 30 Hz. Likely deal breaker on purchasing on anything but the cheapest of cheaps for me, but definitely something near the top of the Netflix queue now that I got done with the first season of 'Homeland'.

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
Now that I've watched it at home where I can compare it to other movies I have, there's definitely a lack of LFE that I hadn't noticed before. Still worth the $20 I paid, at least to me, but I do wish there were a bit more rumbly in my tumbly

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis