that dreaded center speaker

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
You would certainly know since you spent so much time sucking it. :p
Nice try Fukk face. Never said anything about your dikk(if you even have one).
I said YOU ARE A DIKK.

oh wait, let’s hear how your dikk can be turned into another thread about scatmos.

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
So ummmmmm. Do any of you guys like Auro? I love it for music. :D

VonMagnum

VonMagnum

Audioholic Chief
Nice try Fukk face. Never said anything about your dikk(if you even have one).
I said YOU ARE A DIKK.

oh wait, let’s hear how your dikk can be turned into another thread about scatmos.
Hell, I wasn't even talking to you and having a semi-pleasant conversation with TLS for a change and you, being a POS, suddenly attack out of nowhere. You'd be banned for life if I had my say. People like you ruin forums for civilized people.

isolar8001

isolar8001

Audioholic General
So ummmmmm. Do any of you guys like Auro? I love it for music. :D
I wish I had it to play with....I love my Pioneer, but it's woefully short on any kind of 2 channel enhancements.

Sometimes I hook up Atmos speakers to play around with, but just really don't care for it and end up going back to 5.1, which works well in my small room.

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Hell, I wasn't even talking to you and having a semi-pleasant conversation with TLS for a change and you, being a POS, suddenly attack out of nowhere. You'd be banned for life if I had my say. People like you ruin forums for civilized people.
That’s rich. Coming from the guy who’s been banned from half the audio forums out there, you’re on everybody’s ignore list on avs, can’t be in a single thread without turning it into a diatribe about YOUR system. Complaining about the “so called experts” and how they don’t know anything, but then “magnumsplain” how your knowledge is so much better. Because YOU’RE a POS. You’re the uncivilized one. I was only chiming in because of your completely unpleasant conversation with TLS.
No. You’re not civilized, and you are what ruins forums like this. I’m just here to tell you to Fukk off.

isolar8001

isolar8001

Audioholic General
Am I motherly ? And is that a bad thing ??
I always heard that being in touch with ones feminine side is a good quality....Of course, I hear that from females so it might be bias.

VonMagnum

VonMagnum

Audioholic Chief
One audio forum where I never got so much as one warning after being first attacked out of nowhere by someone just like you who was the site owner's buddy is now HALF the Internet audio forums? Exaggerate much?

I can't imagine why ANYONE would want to talk to you. That's for sure. But instead of putting me on ignore like a big boy, you've got to play 3rd grade bully. Pathetic.

VonMagnum

VonMagnum

Audioholic Chief
Am I motherly ? And is that a bad thing ??
I always heard that being in touch with ones feminine side is a good quality....Of course, I hear that from females so it might be bias.
I was joking. It's a figure of speech. Pointing something out is hardly attacking his post unlike Lord Potty Mouth above.

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
One audio forum where I never got so much as one warning after being first attacked out of nowhere by someone just like you who was the site owner's buddy is now HALF the Internet audio forums? Exaggerate much?

I can't imagine why ANYONE would want to talk to you. That's for sure. But instead of putting me on ignore like a big boy, you've got to play 3rd grade bully. Pathetic.
I think you’re confused as to who the bully is. Almost every thread I see you in results in an argument. Caused by YOU! Why put you on ignore? So you can act like an asshole without someone like me calling you out? Maybe nobody does wanna talk to me… but I know far less wanna talk to you. You’re an internet bully, and I’ve seen first hand what that can do to people. I’m actually one of the nicest guys here, but I can’t stand guys like you and your pompous attitude. Can you even fit through a doorway with your massive Mr know it all head? Try some humility.

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
I think you’re confused as to who the bully is. Almost every thread I see you in results in an argument. Caused by YOU! Why put you on ignore? So you can act like an asshole without someone like me calling you out? Maybe nobody does wanna talk to me… but I know far less wanna talk to you. You’re an internet bully, and I’ve seen first hand what that can do to people. I’m actually one of the nicest guys here, but I can’t stand guys like you and your pompous attitude. Can you even fit through a doorway with your massive Mr know it all head? Try some humility.
For the record I want to talk to you. ;)

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
I note this thread has descended below the navel to the wrong head!

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
I've said at least three times now I use a DIALOG LIFT system (actually a full front soundstage lift). That takes care of the rarely used 2nd and 3rd row seats (giving the "above the screen" treatment you claim to favor for those rows (L/R aren't blocked for those seats so I give the center an extra 1.5dB to compensate for losing half the lift effect in the stored "compromise" settings I use when someone sits there so it sounds even).

The front row is paramount as it's used 95% of the time. All levels are within 3dB (most within 1dB) with that setting and perfect for front row only or 2nd row only settings I've stored in the AVR memory for instant recall (I like to listen to some Atmos music from the middle of the room as it gives a very different perspective).

That doesn't mean the screen would block having the mains just above ear level in all rooms (not everyone uses a lower mounted screen; mine is set for reclined viewing for example and some use smaller OLED screens, etc that simply aren't taking up all available space). There's always acoustically transparent screens if one has the room behind the screen (I've got built-in bookcases and a window to deal with as I didn't build the room from scratch so I did the best I could. I think it sounds phenomenal, but I'm always looking for any tweaks that will increase the holographic illusion for Auro-3D/Atmos music/movies or DTS:X movies.

I'm experimenting with floor level speakers from the Scatmos surround (out of phase) ambient outputs for the front row at the moment, for example. Thus far, it works great for live recordings as ear level doesn't necessarily exist with live music. Ambient reflections can often exist all the way to the floor, particularly in front of you. I'd like to experiment with Front Wide Scatmos out of phase outputs for the floor between rows and I'm thinking of going full 19-channel discrete, which with Scatmos extraction would allow me to experiment with it for ambience effects

Obviously, you are free to do whatever you want with your room. It looks very nice. I'm sure you enjoy it.

I have a separate 2-channel music system upstairs with 6' Carver "Amazing" Ribbons using fully customized active crossovers, twin 10" bass drivers (flat to 26Hz) and available turntable on top of the usual digital sources. Until recently, it sounded best for two channel music and still excels at it, but the multi-channel Sonic Holography downstairs is like having stereo in 360 surround without the "fake" quality of Dolby surround processing and the like (Auro's upmixer also does a nice job with expanding ambience without altering the traditional stereo soundstage.
I know you use Dialog lift as you call it, but you should not have to, and I have never had to use it. Sounds as if you are getting a bit "shirty" and mouth and trousers.. No need for that.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis