M

Mort Corey

Senior Audioholic
Well, first off, I'm thankful that the election is over....and hopeful that the next one doesn't start until at least January.;)

Taking my lovely bride of 35 years, daughter, son-in-law and two grandkids out to a local winery/resort for dinner on the 27th. A little sad that my parents won't be joining us this year, but the five hour drive is something they're not up to doing. (I'm sure there are other drivers on the road that will be thankful they're not driving as well)

Business has not been good this year, but I guess I'm thankful that I've been able to squirrel enough aside to be able to provide a nice year end bonus to my staff. That I'm sure they'll be surprised, do to the enviroment, will make it all the more special.

Mort (who hopes he has enough $$ for this extraviganza meal so he doesn't have to leave the grandkids behind to wash dishes:))

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Well, first off, I'm thankful that the election is over....and hopeful that the next one doesn't start until at least January.;)

Taking my lovely bride of 35 years, daughter, son-in-law and two grandkids out to a local winery/resort for dinner on the 27th. A little sad that my parents won't be joining us this year, but the five hour drive is something they're not up to doing. (I'm sure there are other drivers on the road that will be thankful they're not driving as well)

Business has not been good this year, but I guess I'm thankful that I've been able to squirrel enough aside to be able to provide a nice year end bonus to my staff. That I'm sure they'll be surprised, do to the enviroment, will make it all the more special.

Mort (who hopes he has enough $$ for this extraviganza meal so he doesn't have to leave the grandkids behind to wash dishes:))
Mort, thanks for sharing with us. It sounds like you have much to be thankful as well. I admire that you can do so in such tough times. Maybe business will pick-up and get things back on track. Good luck to you. ;);)

Cheers,

Phil

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Was hoping to hear from more people. Guess, this thread is not too popular. Oh well, thanks to those of you who did respond. It is much appreciated. I hope you all have a safe and happy Thanksgiving. :):)

Cheers,

Phil

Midcow2

Midcow2

Banned
The most inspriational THANKFUL I have seen : Nick Vujicic is a giant of a man

Nick Vujicic is a giant of a man

This will make you thankful and will bring tears to your eyes at least it did mine.

This guy could have such as bad attitude be he chooses to be uplifting and inspiring. It makes you feel selfish for all we take for granted and the petty things we complain about.

Look at this U-2 video of Nick Vujicic. But have a hankerchief ready

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0DxlJWJ_WfA\

Speaking of inspirational, one of our audioholic members really impresses me with his positve attitude and outlook on life. Gimpy Ric. I am glad to know him as a friend.

Ric and Nick make me take a new look at really being THANKFUL and trying to complain a lot less

THANKS to ALL Audioholics,

MidCow2

Last edited:
speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Nick Vujicic is a giant of a man

This will make you thankful and will bring tears to your eyes at least it did mine.

This guy could have such as bad attitude be he chooses to be uplifting and inspiring. It makes you feel selfish for all we take for granted and the petty things we complain about.

Look at this U-2 video of Nick Vujicic. But have a hankerchief ready

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0DxlJWJ_WfA\

Speaking of inspirational, one of our audioholic members really impresses me with his positve attitude and outlook on life. Gimpy Ric. I am glad to know him as a friend.

Ric and Nick make me take a new look at really being THANKFUL and trying to complain a lot less

THANKS to ALL Audioholics,

MidCow2
Thanks Mid for posting. I tried your link, but to no avail. Can you provide another link perhaps? Hope all is well my friend. :):)

Cheers,

Phil

Midcow2

Midcow2

Banned
repost of You-Tube Link

Thanks Mid for posting. I tried your link, but to no avail. Can you provide another link perhaps? Hope all is well my friend. :):)

Cheers,

Phil
I am not sure why the link didn't work I retried and it comes up with the same thing. Search "Nick the Giant" on You-Tube and you can find it. It is not a new post (actually it appears to be 2 years old) and I just came across it recently from one of the talk radio station web sites I listen too!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0DxlJWJ_WfA

For whatever reason the previous post link added a "/" on the end If this one shows up with a slash on the end remove it.

And Phil wishing you the best to you and your family during Thanksgiving!

MidCow2

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
I am not sure why the link didn't work I retried and it comes up with the same thing. Search "Nick the Giant" on You-Tube and you can find it. It is not a new post (actually it appears to be 2 years old) and I just came across it recently from one of the talk radio station web sites I listen too!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0DxlJWJ_WfA

For whatever reason the previous post link added a "/" on the end If this one shows up with a slash on the end remove it.

And Phil wishing you the best to you and your family during Thanksgiving!

MidCow2
Thanks a bunch for your kind words Mid. The link worked great this time. All I can say is that I am speechless. This guy is amazing to say the least. That is, his disposition and outlook are top notch, but his skill of adaptation is remarkable. Kudos to him for taking what God has given him and truly making the most out of it. Just really puts things into perspective for me. I have learned from testaments like this that I am just a little fish swimming in a great big pond. In other words, no matter what problems we may have there is ALWAYS someone out there that has it tougher. You are correct in that it did bring a few tears down my face. Have a great day Mid.

Cheers,

Phil

unreal.freak

unreal.freak

Senior Audioholic
I am thankful that I still have a job. The company I work for has been laying people off lately. Also many factories in this general area are closing daily. Its hard times these days and I'm proud to be working. For those, that don't live paycheck to paycheck like me,......be thankful ;)

Peace,
Tommy

yettitheman

yettitheman

Audioholic General
I'm thankful that I'm not the turkey on the table come Turkey Day :D

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
I am thankful that I still have a job. The company I work for has been laying people off lately. Also many factories in this general area are closing daily. Its hard times these days and I'm proud to be working. For those, that don't live paycheck to paycheck like me,......be thankful ;)

Peace,
Tommy
Thanks Tommy for posting my friend. Hope all is well. Good to hear from you.

Cheers,

Phil

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
What I'm thankful for...
I can see why. She is precious. Brings back a lot of memories. However, my daughter is now 20-years old!!!!! :eek::eek: Be sure to treasure it because it goes by very fast. Thanks for posting. :):)

Cheers,

Phil

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
I am thankful Joe Schmoe has a girl friend. :)

I am thankful I have my monkey. :)

Hey, get back over here !!!

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
I am thankful Joe Schmoe has a girl friend. :)

I am thankful I have my monkey. :)

Hey, get back over here !!!
Lmao ........good one Alex! :p:p I am thankful that you got your monkey. ;);)

Cheers,

Phil

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
I forgot to mention, but I am very thankful God has given us college basketball. :D:D I am even more thankful for my Kentucky Wildcats albeit a long tradition of winning. ;);)

Cheers,

Phil

pzaur

pzaur

Audioholic Samurai
Thankful my cousin is back in Germany from Sadr City.
And, I'm able to post on any site I choose.

-pat

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Great, thanks for sharing. Have yourself a great Thanksgiving. ;);)

Cheers,

Phil

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis