Tekton Enzo - The most inexpensive speakers that is in the league with high-end speaker

Status
Not open for further replies.
ski2xblack

ski2xblack

Audioholic Field Marshall
This thread shows a need for an Audioholic geek squad of sorts, folks with Omnimics or equivalent who can go perform actual measurements. (Would that get Audioholics in trouble, posting measurements against manufacturer wishes?)

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
This thread shows a need for an Audioholic geek squad of sorts, folks with Omnimics or equivalent who can go perform actual measurements. (Would that get Audioholics in trouble, posting measurements against manufacturer wishes?)
I doubt it, if it was a private person not acting as an affiliate of AH who either owned the speakers or who was given permission by the owner to take and post the measurements.

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
I appreciate the offer, but alas I'm in upstate NY so there's a bit of distance between us.

Where are you located?I live in the Baton Rouge, LA area and have a set of Pendragons with the matching sub. Would be cool to have a fellow audiophile over for a listen to see what they think.

ski2xblack

ski2xblack

I doubt it, if it was a private person not acting as an affiliate of AH who either owned the speakers or who was given permission by the owner to take and post the measurements.
Cool. Let's get on it!

Anyone care to find out how bad your room/speaker response really is? PM me, proprietor of Stone Deaf Audio[SUP](tm)[/SUP], in no way affiliated with Audioholics. (Will travel, but only if your home is near prime mountain biking, or if good music is happening nearby, or both.) Cheap rates!

V

VicTorious1

Audioholic Intern
Cool. Let's get on it!

Anyone care to find out how bad your room/speaker response really is? PM me, proprietor of Stone Deaf Audio[SUP](tm)[/SUP], in no way affiliated with Audioholics. (Will travel, but only if your home is near prime mountain biking, or if good music is happening nearby, or both.) Cheap rates!
Where in CO are you located?

ski2xblack

ski2xblack

I was kind of joking, but if you buy the beer...

S

SearchofSub

Banned
Rocky, werent you running the enzo's with the X-200 Emotiva amp? Why are you getting monoblocks?

Ordered my speakers today. Enzo in walnut veneer with a Tekton 12' sub that hits 18hz.

Does ANYONE know what pre-amp/amp combo has a rating of 6 Ohm average impedance – 4 Ohm minimum impedance?

Last edited:
R

rocky500

Junior Audioholic
First I heard of me getting monoblocks. :)
Yes working well with the XPA-200.
I do have some Modwright gear I am selling that I might get around to try before it goes.

ImcLoud

ImcLoud

Audioholic Ninja
When it comes to amps I like to get the largest I can afford, as far as sound quality between brands it differs only a small amount, althouh I can notice a difference between types of amplifiers, like tube vs Solid, and class D vs class T, ect.. I have a little topping tripath that sounds awesome, it seems to reproduce the highs cleaner and crisper than the class a/b amps I compare it against...

But anyway, a good all around amp is A/B, cost, power, reliability IMO its the best of all worlds...
My favorite is the Emotiva XPA2, as far as a preamp goes, I still have NO idea what you are going for Home theater or music only, that still seems to be a huge mystery...

How many speakers did you buy 2, 3, 5 not including the sub woofer? and what are you hooking them up to? An Ipod, cable box, dvd player, cd player, turntable, what?

If this is going to be a music 2.1 system and you are just running an Ipod to it I would buy the xpa2, the xda2 Dac, and a Pure i20 ipod dock connected with a digital cable from Emotiva. This is the cleanest sound I have found from an ipod, iphone, or ipad... I use my ipad on the purdock and it sounds fantastic, I have noticed material in songs I have heard a thousand times that I never heard before.... I played sinead o'connors silent night on the system and then on my all in one, and the difference is so noticeable, you can hear her breaths and her feet on the floor when she moves...

S

SearchofSub

Banned
I am really leaning towards the Emotiva UMC-200 preamp/XPA 200 combo.

Got a pair of enzos and a sub for 2.1 for all applications. Im not going to be running ipods or ipads through it, just a bluray player, hd direct tv, xbox 360.

The enzo's have a rating of 6 Ohm average impedance – 4 Ohm minimum impedance. BOTH the emotiva and the outlaw 975 has a 8 ohm average impedence rating.

Do you know of any amps that has 6 ohm avereage impedence rating?

S

SearchofSub

Banned
Tekton Pendragon - Page 35

There is this stupid retard name Audiosavant over at AVSForum who is disqualifying ANYONE who has low-cost gear. His take on opinions is simply this.

"If you have high-end gear, you hold all the creditials for audio tech-talk". He shows off his pricey gear as if that qualifies him to belittiling others who have expertise in audio.

I am pretty sure he is reading this thread because obviously he pointed it out at AVSForum, if you are reading this "Audiosavant", I'm already doing the job of being the internet "idiot" :D , dont make the internet audio forums worse by being an arrogant dumbass.

Last edited:
C

Chu Gai

Audioholic Samurai
I am really leaning towards the Emotiva UMC-200 preamp/XPA 200 combo.

Got a pair of enzos and a sub for 2.1 for all applications. Im not going to be running ipods or ipads through it, just a bluray player, hd direct tv, xbox 360.

The enzo's have a rating of 6 Ohm average impedance – 4 Ohm minimum impedance. BOTH the emotiva and the outlaw 975 has a 8 ohm average impedence rating.

Do you know of any amps that has 6 ohm avereage impedence rating?
An amp typically has a specification for maximum deliverable power at 8 ohms at a particular percentage of distortion. If the amp is capable of reliably outputting power at lower impedances, such as 4 or 2 ohms, it will generally indicate its capabilities. This ability varies from amp to amp and one consequence of delivering power at lower impedances is that the amp must supply more current. I would recommend you call Emotiva and ask if their amp has any problems with a 4 ohm impedance. I suspect it will do just fine. This same question is irrelevant when it comes to the UMC.

G

Grador

An amp typically has a specification for maximum deliverable power at 8 ohms at a particular percentage of distortion. If the amp is capable of reliably outputting power at lower impedances, such as 4 or 2 ohms, it will generally indicate its capabilities. This ability varies from amp to amp and one consequence of delivering power at lower impedances is that the amp must supply more current. I would recommend you call Emotiva and ask if their amp has any problems with a 4 ohm impedance. I suspect it will do just fine. This same question is irrelevant when it comes to the UMC.
Or reread the specs that clearly list their 4 ohm power rating.

S

SearchofSub

Banned
Or reread the specs that clearly list their 4 ohm power rating.
EMO combo it is. Called Emotiva and Im gonna get the speaker cables from them as well.

So Tekton eNZO in walnut with a Tekton 12' sub that hits 18hz. ($500 without shipping) and a Emotiva UMC-200 preamp with XPA-200 amp. Running Emotiva speaker cables, interconnects, and subwoofer cable.

Definately will leave a listening impression with the above set-up. If anyone is in my area, they are welcome to stop by a for a listen in 2 months. :D

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
What area is that?

EMO combo it is. Called Emotiva and Im gonna get the speaker cables from them as well.

So Tekton eNZO in walnut with a Tekton 12' sub that hits 18hz. ($500 without shipping) and a Emotiva UMC-200 preamp with XPA-200 amp. Running Emotiva speaker cables, interconnects, and subwoofer cable.

Definately will leave a listening impression with the above set-up. If anyone is in my area, they are welcome to stop by a for a listen in 2 months. :D

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
Another Tekton owner on the other side of the country from me.

S

SearchofSub

Banned
Just give me a hollar if you ever come to CA. You are more than welcome to come over for a listen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis