Tekton Enzo - The most inexpensive speakers that is in the league with high-end speaker

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Chu Gai

Audioholic Samurai
Over at AVS, someone just posted this.
I have been in constant contact with Eric Alexander about getting speakers I purchased and paid for back in Dec 2012 shipped. I have been overly patient with him but after 7 months of requesting and begging for product I have paid for I am at my whit's end. I don't understand his lack of common business sense. I have been exceedingly open to work with him and want my speakers. I made the major mistake of paying up front, which is normal for any other manufacturer. I cant believe he wont ship paid for products. He then complains to me that it was my fault for paying him and that they don't do business that way. Well why did he take my money in the first place and why is that my fault?

TRANSACTION DETAIL
-----------------------------------------------
Merchant Name: Tekton Design LLC
Card Type: MasterCard
Authorized Amount: 2854.50
Date & Time: 12/28/2012 10:43:16

It is now Aug 10th and I am still waiting for him to build and ship my products. If you want to by his products, be very concerned about his possible criminal behavior. I don't want to file a law suite but its getting the point of no other option. SADLY!!!!

:mad:

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
The OP won't prevailed upon anymore than your crazy aunt is going to be talked out of spending thousands on Himalayan Salt Lamps and Coffee enemas as cancer preventative and hormone balancer. But that is ok, it isn't really going to harm anyone. No matter how bad his system sounds, it may ending up sounding great for the OP anyway via a psychosomatic effect.

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
If OP Insists on Upgraded Cables......

If you really want high quality cables, go to BJC.
Blue Jeans Cable -- Quality Cables at Reasonable Prices

These are good cables, the best you could need or want, and very reasonably priced (I can't quite call them cheap). These are broadcast quality cables, what the professionals use. No snake oil, hype, or subjective BS. Just high quality robust cables.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Over at AVS, someone just posted this.
OMG.

Gotta be nuts buying anything from Tekton after reading that complaint! :D

I'm still not shipping the speakers you paid for, and BTW it's your fault for paying me? :eek:

What kind of moron says that? :D

If Tekton offered to sell me his flagship speakers for $200 total UP FRONT, I would tell him to go screw himself..... If the above mentioned complaint were true. :D

Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai
OMG.

Gotta be nuts buying anything from Tekton after reading that complaint! :D

I'm still not shipping the speakers you paid for, and BTW it's your fault for paying me? :eek:

What kind of moron says that? :D

If Tekton offered to sell me his flagship speakers for $200 total UP FRONT, I would tell him to go screw himself..... If the above mentioned complaint were true. :D
/Agreed!

You would also have to be nuts not to have already filed a lawsuit, disputed the charge with your credit card

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
/Agreed!

You would also have to be nuts not to have already filed a lawsuit, disputed the charge with your credit card
Anyone who recently used his CC to buy Tekton should dispute the charge ASAP if he does not get his speakers in 30 days from date of purchase.

Actually, he should call Tekton to CANCEL his order ASAP. :D

Tekton - the speakers you'll never get, the measurements you'll never find, and the warranty you never had. :D

And even if you get your speakers, you'll have blown tweeters in no time at all. It's your fault for buying, and it's your amps' fault for the blown tweeters. :D

Last edited:
S

SearchofSub

Banned
+1
+10
+100

Why, why, why? How did the OP come up with this system???

It was not from advice from here! Come and ask for advice, get good advice, ignore said advice and then either wonder why you aren't getting the quality you craved, or convince yourself that it sounds great.

Listen to IMCloud and the others.

Do not waste your $ on fancy schmancy cables and cap upgrades! Get a real amp with real power, and get a subwoofer (or 2).

Take the money that you want to waste on cables and caps and buy acoustic treatments for the room. I guarantee that this will give you a huge audible improvement if done correctly and be money much, much better spent than on cables!

IMCloud, I think this is part of the reason that most of the AH crew hate on Tekton so much. The people looking into Tekton refuse to believe in objective information and instead rely on subjective info and voodoo science :eek::eek::eek: This isn't the first time we've seen it here.

Let me make an analogy on the subject of speakers and room treatments. (Assuming you don't have a turntable) Speakers are the ONLY part of the signal chain that are transducers (i.e. takes an electrical signal and converts it to a mechanical signal). After the signal comes from the speakers as sound, the interactions of the sound with the room (ie acoustics) play a huge part in the overall quality. Now, take these concepts and apply them to a Porsche 911. The tires are the ONLY part of a car than make contact with the road so consider these as an analogy to the speakers. Consider the road itself as the room treatments. Would you buy a Porsche and put Walmart tires on it and then go racing down a gravel road and expect top-notch performance? NO! Would you buy thousands of dollars worth of electronics for sub-par speakers and then run it in a room without treatments? Obviously you would. But, this is the same concept as running that Porsche down a crappy road with sub-par tires on it.

The moral is to spend the money where it counts.

The same analogy that you suggested. Lets try it with a Tree

I thought the soil or grounds is the amp/pre-amp, the branches being the cables, and the leaves that have bloomed being the speakers. All important.

What I notice about the people who say speaker cables do NOT matter all have AVR recievers. When you then read posts made my those who uses seperate amp/ pre amp's all of them say cables do matter...

S

SearchofSub

Banned
I thought this was 95% movies yet you buy a music system with no sub and a HT avr?

Toss out the cap upgrade, swap the 30w amp {why would you pick that thing?} for an Emotiva UPA500, and don't spend $550 on cables, go to amazon and get all your cables for $60 they will sound the same, have an M-Lore center made, grab a pair of inexpensive bookshelfs for surrounds, and add a decent subwoofer... Otherwise if you now want a low powered music system I don't know what to tell you...

I'm sorry to tell you this but, you are worse than my wife when it comes to making a decision, this thread has been so painful it should be deleted for ever, tossed to the depths of the planet and locked away never to be discussed again... Dateline's Chris Hanson was 100% correct "the internet IS a dangerous place"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LOL dont turn on me this fast, your the one that got me thinking of getting a AMP/DAC etc lol.:D

The reason why I am getting a low wattage amp is because the M-Lores are rated at 95db 1w@1m with 8ohms which would mean they are best drived with low wattage amps (10 watt per channel or below) amps. (atleast a pro reviewer says).

I kind of thought about it for a minute here and I guess it makes sense that if one were to go HT it would not matter much because the very sources (dvd's and blurays) are DIGITAL and are compressed to begin with so that would mean even if you have a $10,000 cables that have the highest technical standards it wouldnt mean much since the sources are NOT analog but digital.

But that also puts a question in my newbie mind... Then why did you get seperate amps and cables when the very musiuc you listen to are CD's and are compressed even more so than DVD's and bluray discs?

Ultimately I think there are more to your Lores than what you are getting out of them right now with better speaker cables and low-wattage amps and turntables.

Last edited:
S

SearchofSub

Banned
Anyone who recently used his CC to buy Tekton should dispute the charge ASAP if he does not get his speakers in 30 days from date of purchase.

Actually, he should call Tekton to CANCEL his order ASAP. :D

Tekton - the speakers you'll never get, the measurements you'll never find, and the warranty you never had. :D

And even if you get your speakers, you'll have blown tweeters in no time at all. It's your fault for buying, and it's your amps' fault for the blown tweeters. :D

I just went over to AVSforum to read the Pendragon thread and there are 3 owners reporting tweeter blow-outs with the Lores and the pendragons. But none of them states how hard they drove them.. A poster said the loudest he drove them was 105db and they were perfectly fine. In my home I dont plan to drive them above 75db so I think it'll be okay..

Someone should ask them how hard they drove them..

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member

I thought the soil or grounds is the amp/pre-amp, the branches being the cables, and the leaves that have bloomed being the speakers. All important.

What I notice about the people who say speaker cables do NOT matter all have AVR recievers. When you then read posts made my those who uses seperate amp/ pre amp's all of them say cables do matter...
Totally agreed. And for the same reason, I have not permitted my children to have any vaccinations. Like trees, children just need water, fertile soil, and sunlight to grow. You don't ever see anyone vaccinating a tree do you? That's because vaccinations are really a poison which causes autism. I would guess that something like ninety percent of all vaccinated children come down with autism. Believe me, I used to think differently, but I did the study myself. I vaccinated the tree in my backyard from when it was a sapling, and now it's a retarded tree.

S

SearchofSub

Banned
If you really want high quality cables, go to BJC.
Blue Jeans Cable -- Quality Cables at Reasonable Prices

These are good cables, the best you could need or want, and very reasonably priced (I can't quite call them cheap). These are broadcast quality cables, what the professionals use. No snake oil, hype, or subjective BS. Just high quality robust cables.

Thanks for the link. I am going to pick up 2 HDMI cables and a Subwoofer cable from them.

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
Tekton Enzo - The most inexpensive speakers that is in the league with high-e...

I have separates. I say cables that expensive aren't worth buying. I also find it funny that you're calling BD's compressed.

S

SearchofSub

Banned
Outlaw 975 Preamp.

Outlaw AudioModel 975

Does anyone know if the Stereo+Sub selection is a "mode" that you can select when listening/watching a source like Dolby PLIIz or THX Cinema etc?

If it is , I think this pre-amp is the way to go. (Will pick up a HSU VTF 2.4 to go with the M-Lores)

S

SearchofSub

Banned
I have separates. I say cables that expensive aren't worth buying. I also find it funny that you're calling BD's compressed.

Aren't ALL digitital sources compressed to an extent? I dont think it will EVER be as good as a plain old analog. (for music ofcourse)

But ofcourse the ones that recorded the actual source are using digital components to record it anyway, and I usually listen to mainstream hip-hop and 90's to now material anyway so I get your point.

Last edited:
C

chaluga

Junior Audioholic
Three big punches Chu ! :D
As a tekton owner I think he simply represents a portion of every speaker group . We are all not crazy .

As a matter of fact I am going to give diy a try. Before I bought my tektons I didn't take diy seriously (feel stupid now). As a woodwork teacher I can get the wood ,glue , and screws for free. Woodshop with everything . Looked at many designs and I like the Dennis Murphy er designs . Going to make the er15 center channel first. Then compare it to my tekton center . At 300 bucks its a small investment .

Once I test it I will watch some movie with all other speakers off. Do a/b dbt with levels matched. Picking the center instead of er18 because its cheaper and easier to build for my first diy. Will try to be as objective as I can be. If I like the er15 better I will sell my tektons and make the er18 . Will start the project in a month .

S

SearchofSub

Banned
I thought this was 95% movies yet you buy a music system with no sub and a HT avr?

Toss out the cap upgrade, swap the 30w amp {why would you pick that thing?} for an Emotiva UPA500, and don't spend $550 on cables, go to amazon and get all your cables for $60 they will sound the same, have an M-Lore center made, grab a pair of inexpensive bookshelfs for surrounds, and add a decent subwoofer... Otherwise if you now want a low powered music system I don't know what to tell you...

I'm sorry to tell you this but, you are worse than my wife when it comes to making a decision, this thread has been so painful it should be deleted for ever, tossed to the depths of the planet and locked away never to be discussed again... Dateline's Chris Hanson was 100% correct "the internet IS a dangerous place"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

EVERY single owner that did the Mondorf SIO cap upgrade with whichever speaker they have been more than pleased with it.

So far from what I've read it gives you 3d like transperency imaging, better refind bass, and detail and also gives smoothness to vocals.

The cap upgrade for the M-Lore are only $200.00 opposed to the Lore and the pendragons which is $650 and $750.

C

chaluga

Junior Audioholic
Totally agreed. And for the same reason, I have not permitted my children to have any vaccinations. Like trees, children just need water, fertile soil, and sunlight to grow. You don't ever see anyone vaccinating a tree do you? That's because vaccinations are really a poison which causes autism. I would guess that something like ninety percent of all vaccinated children come down with autism. Believe me, I used to think differently, but I did the study myself. I vaccinated the tree in my backyard from when it was a sapling, and now it's a retarded tree.
Shady stick to electronics . I am married to a doctor and she read your post and said you are way off. I have had an amazing family Doctor for 20 years and we put our trust in him before reading a few internet articles ..I don't want to get in a big back and forth but when people on here say measurements aren't important for speakers five people right away say that's not being objective . All major medical institutions recommend vaccinations. You would be in the huge minority with medical data.
With your own kids do whatever you think is right , as that's your right. Lets keep the medical advice to other forums.

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord

My equip list: GE Triton 2s and 50C, Pio Elite VSX82 Receiver, Custom built tower PC, Xbox 360 PS3, Technics SL-1210, Rythmik F15HP, Parasound 1206 Amp, Emotiva USP-1, DIY Dynaco ST-70, DIY Bottlehead Quickie, Infinity P362s, DT SM350s, Philharmonitors, Velodyne 10" sub, generic cables, monoprice cables, BJCs, 10-16 guage cables etc, etc, I'm sure there must be some stuff I forgot.

My point is that I have 1 receiver and 2 completely different separate preamp and amp systems. If the wiring and cables are adequate for the job, then they will not make an audible difference!

You have obviously had a nice long swig from the audiophool koolaid.

Go ahead and waste you money on cables, then come back and tell us how it was such a great decision, even though you have absolutely nothing to compare it to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis