Synergistic Research told me that I'm full of Poo. LOL

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
Having just tried 2 sets synergistic research cables in my audio system and hearing they are each unique in sound but the tungsten is wide open sound stage but a bit opaque in sound and the foundation (the much cheaper ones) were quite nice, not as opaque, not as wide open in sound stage, but very musical I can see why he snorts at you.

It’s a Ferrari of audio system scale owner talking to a Chevy chevvette audio owner whose “gear” mostly sits in a garage who is convinced that tires don’t matter it’s just are they winter or summer tires.

I would put my audio system at the Porsche level and can easily tell cables (“tires”) make a difference.

the site name here means what if you are not listening to high end audio equipment???
Ah yes, another "I bought broken cables that color the sound and if you don't agree with me that they're great then you don't know what you're talking about" post.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
Good job taking an analogy to some level where you have no idea what it meant.

let me try some more which are destined to fail.

1) this site is analogous to a site for beer lovers who only drink Budweiser
Your expected response: people don’t drink music and music is not beer.

2) this site is analogous to a hamburger lovers site who only eat at McDonald’s and then demand other people do blind testing to prove to them there are better burgers while they adamantly rest their posteriors only in eateries with double arches.
Your expected response: music isn’t a hamburger blah blah blah…… (Okay now I’m bored with this response since it’s just a waste of time…..)

never can get an answer from folks like you if they have ever actually listened to a high end audio setup.
WE literally have a beer thread where you won't find anything that isn't craft, but we're not snobs about it and when people post that they're enjoying a nice Mich Ultra, we don't care because they can enjoy what they want. WITHOUT judgement from us.

Go back to your echo chamber and stop wasting our time.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Good job taking an analogy to some level where you have no idea what it meant.

let me try some more which are destined to fail.

1) this site is analogous to a site for beer lovers who only drink Budweiser
Your expected response: people don’t drink music and music is not beer.

2) this site is analogous to a hamburger lovers site who only eat at McDonald’s and then demand other people do blind testing to prove to them there are better burgers while they adamantly rest their posteriors only in eateries with double arches.
Your expected response: music isn’t a hamburger blah blah blah…… (Okay now I’m bored with this response since it’s just a waste of time…..)

never can get an answer from folks like you if they have ever actually listened to a high end audio setup.
You are analogous to a fool who gives his money to a televangelist because you're convinced in his magical healing powers.

NINaudio

NINaudio

Audioholic Samurai
I guess he's still looking for that measured performance data...

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
"Folks like you", who come here and claim that their system is analogous to a Porsche need to realize that better cars exist, so.....

Maybe you could post the equipment in your system, so we can see what you're working with. You could also post room dimensions, any acoustical treatments, etc- yes, acoustical properties matter.
Well, his system could be compared to a Lambo, if he would have taken the $ he wasted on cables and put that extra $ in the pot for better speakers ;)

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
I would put my audio system at the Porsche level and can easily tell cables (“tires”) make a difference.
so your audio system is equivalent to an overpriced Volkswagen ;) Only poking fun a wee bit, Porsche makes some great cars.

As for your cables, whatever makes you happy.......

Teetertotter?

Teetertotter?

Senior Audioholic
I laughed so hard over this thread, that I fell off my chair.........but, I'm okay. What entertainment.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Better than spending $2k on cables, I'd rather just put that towards the speakers. Rather have a $7K speaker with a standard cable than a $5K speaker with $2K in cables. Putting that dough toward speakers will always make a MUCH larger difference than any cable at any price.

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
Better than spending $2k on cables, I'd rather just put that towards the speakers. Rather have a $7K speaker with a standard cable than a $5K speaker with $2K in cables. Putting that dough toward speakers will always make a MUCH larger difference than any cable at any price.
Agreed!

Or, spend the $2k on measurement gear and/or room treatments! These are items guaranteed to give improvements, vs. the cables that are dubious at best, and detrimental or large wastes of $ at worst.

How many people spend big $ on the gear, and $0 on the room?

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
some day if wisdom ever kicks in for “the people on this site”, they (and you) might realize that what comes out of speakers is highly dependent on what goes into the speakers.
Serious questions.

How much $ did you spend on your cables?
How much for speakers?
How much for room treatments?
How much for measurement gear?

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Agreed!

Or, spend the $2k on measurement gear and/or room treatments! These are items guaranteed to give improvements, vs. the cables that are dubious at best, and detrimental or large wastes of $ at worst.

How many people spend big $ on the gear, and $0 on the room?
That really is my next move I think. Next time I get the itch I'm looking into room treatments.

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
That really is my next move I think. Next time I get the itch I'm looking into room treatments.
I tried to get the owner of the stereo store where I worked to think about doing some basic treatment almost 40 years ago and he didn't want to, even though we'd had the same Acoustics professor. It also appears that he forgot EVERYTHING about reflection specifically and acoustics in general when his new stores were designed- they were all terrible.

The panels I made weren't expensive- pegboard, Owens Corning 703, contact cement and fabric, although they were never made to be 'pretty'. I haven't felt the need to change anything in close to ten years because I still like the sound. A lot. I always use ear plugs in loud environments and my hearing is still good, especially for my age group.

}Fear_Inoculum{

}Fear_Inoculum{

Senior Audioholic
Funny how buddy there revived a long dead thread came in here and stirred up a hornets nest, then when he got torn a new @sshole he left and never came back......... :eek:

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis