Synergistic Research told me that I'm full of Poo. LOL

Jay aLBERS

Jay aLBERS

Junior Audioholic
Here is part of a thread I was participating in on facebook. I called snake oil, and it went downhill from there. If you want to have some fun, and you are on facebook. Go to their page and find the thread. That is if they don't delete it......

Synergistic Research Why "Snake Oil"?

Like · Reply · 14 hrs

Jay Albers
Sorry, I thought this post was about the fuses. I do believe that acoustic panels do have some value and make systems sound better.

Like · Reply · 5 hrs

Synergistic Research
Jay we have a question for you. Do you believe the thousands of fuses as we sell every month, some exceeding $100 in price and all with a 30-day no risk moneyback guarantee do absolutely nothing? Do you honestly think people would spend that kind of money with a 30-day out and not return the fuses if they didn't deliver? Just curious Jay

Like · Reply · 4 hrs · Edited

Jay Albers
Sure for the same reasons that folks will spend thousands of dollars on cabling. They look cool and you can brag to your friends about how much you spent on them. Sound better, not so much. If you look at the power grid there are hundred of miles of wire getting the power into your home. If by replacing inch section with a new fuse will make the equipment sound better your selling snake oil. People talk themselves into stuff because they want to believe that it sounds better. Have you read the story about a blind test that was done where they set up an amazing system and then A-B'd a set of $10K cables and some coat hangers that were twisted together? No one in the room could tell the difference....Kudos to you for being able to sell your stuff. If people think they sound better good for them. It's like putting that bottle ad fuel additive in the gas tank to get better mileage and make more power. It just doesn't work.

Like · Reply · 4 hrs

Synergistic Research
Thank you for your response. it's helpful for our customers to get the other perspective, and to see the logic behind these conclusions.

Like · Reply · 4 hrs

Synergistic Research
There's an interesting discussion among people who've actually heard our fuses in their systems over at Audiogon. Check it out smile emoticon

https://forum.audiogon.com/discus.../synergistic-red-fuse...

Jay Albers
Sure,I read the whole thing the other day. They believe because they want to believe. Everyone is chasing the holy grail. SO if they think it sounds better, it's money well spent. I just moved a bunch of equipment around in my listening room and replac...See More

Like · Reply · 4 hrs

Synergistic Research
You replaced a $2000 pair a speaker cables with zip wire, really? Do tell, what were these $2000 speaker cables that sound like zip wire? Or are they referred to generically as "$2000 speaker cables"

Like · Reply · 3 hrs · Edited

Jay Albers
Audioquest Midnights. I had more than one pair that I replaced.

Somewhere is a missing response from them that said that the midnights were $10 per foot retail.

Like · Reply · 3 hrs

Jay Albers
Well played. $10 per foot.......If that is indeed the case I was way overcharged. Just another reason not to trust the snake oil salesman....

Like · Reply · 1 hr

Synergistic Research
I think anyone reading this thread can see who is being truthful, and who is full of poo

Like · Reply · 36 mins

Now it gets personal. truck OFF . Just so you know I copied this whole thread and I will be sure and repost it on the audio forums I frequent.......

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
Forget all about batteries in cables, cable risers or magical stones....
Not even overpriced power cords (or is it chords ? :) ) can possibly compete with Fuse upgrades insanity!!!
Pure gold, i mean pure shameless snake oil

M

markw

Audioholic Overlord
Never, ever tell the emperor he has no clothes. Particularly when he makes a living as a tailor.

H

herbu

Audioholic Samurai
Here is part of a thread I was participating in on facebook. I called snake oil, and it went downhill from there.
Curious... What kind of response did you expect? I'm surprised they responded at all.

Jay aLBERS

Jay aLBERS

Junior Audioholic
Exactly what I got. I was trolling them. Surprised they called me out.
Probably shouldn't have...

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
Forget all about batteries in cables, cable risers or magical stones....
Not even overpriced power cords (or is it chords ? :) ) can possibly compete with Fuse upgrades insanity!!!
Pure gold, i mean pure shameless snake oil
I WILL NOT FORGET ABOUT MY MAGIC STONES! YOU, SIR, ARE A MERCHANT OF LIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BTW- I just got a smokin' deal on some unicorn whiskers that are sure to make my system so much better than everyone else's that I don't expect to get any sleep for 3.14 years. I was assured that this number was accurate and that I should just suck it up and move on, that I can sleep when I'm dead.

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
I WILL NOT FORGET ABOUT MY MAGIC STONES! YOU, SIR, ARE A MERCHANT OF LIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BTW- I just got a smokin' deal on some unicorn whiskers that are sure to make my system so much better than everyone else's that I don't expect to get any sleep for 3.14 years. I was assured that this number was accurate and that I should just suck it up and move on, that I can sleep when I'm dead.
No wonder your deal was so smoking, my friend - It's time to admit that your have been swindled. These whiskers not from unicorn, but from centaur - much more common and lesser in value.
This do not produce quite same effect to audio as the real thing.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

You should have asked if any of those fuse tests were conducted double blind with statistical analysis.
Anything less is a fairy tale. ;):D

highfigh

highfigh

No wonder your deal was so smoking, my friend - It's time to admit that your have been swindled. These whiskers not from unicorn, but from centaur - much more common and lesser in value.
This do not produce quite same effect to audio as the real thing.
Admit I was swindled? NEVER!

Still looking for toe nails from a griffin- got any contacts for those?

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
I got banned from the Steve Hoffman forum, nothing but a bunch of golden eared audiophile tossers, the biggest one being Hoffman himself. He shamelessly plugs for audio cables and fuses all the time, He may be a great recording engineer but he also purveys in snake oil. :rolleyes:

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

... He shamelessly plugs for audio cables and fuses all the time, He may be a great recording engineer but he also purveys in snake oil. :rolleyes:
How can that be? Great yet purvey such stuff?

X

xyzzy

Audiophyte
Here is part of a thread I was participating in on facebook. I called snake oil, and it went downhill from there. If you want to have some fun, and you are on facebook. Go to their page and find the thread. That is if they don't delete it......

Synergistic Research Why "Snake Oil"?

Like · Reply · 14 hrs

Jay Albers
Sorry, I thought this post was about the fuses. I do believe that acoustic panels do have some value and make systems sound better.

Like · Reply · 5 hrs

Synergistic Research
Jay we have a question for you. Do you believe the thousands of fuses as we sell every month, some exceeding $100 in price and all with a 30-day no risk moneyback guarantee do absolutely nothing? Do you honestly think people would spend that kind of money with a 30-day out and not return the fuses if they didn't deliver? Just curious Jay

Jay Albers
Sure for the same reasons that folks will spend thousands of dollars on cabling. They look cool and you can brag to your friends about how much you spent on them. Sound better, not so much. If you look at the power grid there are hundred of miles of wire getting the power into your home. If by replacing inch section with a new fuse will make the equipment sound better your selling snake oil. People talk themselves into stuff because they want to believe that it sounds better. Have you read the story about a blind test that was done where they set up an amazing system and then A-B'd a set of $10K cables and some coat hangers that were twisted together? No one in the room could tell the difference....Kudos to you for being able to sell your stuff. If people think they sound better good for them. It's like putting that bottle ad fuel additive in the gas tank to get better mileage and make more power. It just doesn't work.

Like · Reply · 4 hrs

Synergistic Research
Thank you for your response. it's helpful for our customers to get the other perspective, and to see the logic behind these conclusions.

Like · Reply · 4 hrs

Synergistic Research
There's an interesting discussion among people who've actually heard our fuses in their systems over at Audiogon. Check it out smile emoticon

https://forum.audiogon.com/discus.../synergistic-red-fuse...

Jay Albers
Sure,I read the whole thing the other day. They believe because they want to believe. Everyone is chasing the holy grail. SO if they think it sounds better, it's money well spent. I just moved a bunch of equipment around in my listening room and replac...See More

· Reply · 4 hrs

Synergistic Research
You replaced a $2000 pair a speaker cables with zip wire, really? Do tell, what were these $2000 speaker cables that sound like zip wire? Or are they referred to generically as "$2000 speaker cables"

Like · Reply · 3 hrs · Edited

Jay Albers
Audioquest Midnights. I had more than one pair that I replaced.

Somewhere is a missing response from them that said that the midnights were $10 per foot retail.

Like · Reply · 3 hrs

Jay Albers
Well played. $10 per foot.......If that is indeed the case I was way overcharged. Just another reason not to trust the snake oil salesman....

Like · Reply · 1 hr

Synergistic Research
I think anyone reading this thread can see who is being truthful, and who is full of poo

Like · Reply · 36 mins

Now it gets personal. truck OFF . Just so you know I copied this whole thread and I will be sure and repost it on the audio forums I frequent.......
Having just tried 2 sets synergistic research cables in my audio system and hearing they are each unique in sound but the tungsten is wide open sound stage but a bit opaque in sound and the foundation (the much cheaper ones) were quite nice, not as opaque, not as wide open in sound stage, but very musical I can see why he snorts at you.

It’s a Ferrari of audio system scale owner talking to a Chevy chevvette audio owner whose “gear” mostly sits in a garage who is convinced that tires don’t matter it’s just are they winter or summer tires.

I would put my audio system at the Porsche level and can easily tell cables (“tires”) make a difference.

the site name here means what if you are not listening to high end audio equipment???

CajunLB

CajunLB

Senior Audioholic
Having just tried 2 sets synergistic research cables in my audio system and hearing they are each unique in sound but the tungsten is wide open sound stage but a bit opaque in sound and the foundation (the much cheaper ones) were quite nice, not as opaque, not as wide open in sound stage, but very musical I can see why he snorts at you.

It’s a Ferrari of audio system scale owner talking to a Chevy chevvette audio owner whose “gear” mostly sits in a garage who is convinced that tires don’t matter it’s just are they winter or summer tires.

I would put my audio system at the Porsche level and can easily tell cables (“tires”) make a difference.

the site name here means what if you are not listening to high end audio equipment???
The people on this site listen to their speakers not the cable.:rolleyes:

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi

Lol thanks for the laugh. Thed lovers are just hilarious!

highfigh

highfigh

Calling audio equipment 'high end' usually happens to make the designers, sellers and buyers feel good about it. To be fair, there's some very nice equipment in this category but that market is filled with people looking for ways to use adjectives and find a market for the fertilizer they have to offer.

Sound isn't 'opaque'.

Opinion doesn't equal fact. Listening tests are subjective and perception of sound is great, but trying to convince others without proof is like religion- it requires faith to be a believer. Your terminology is odd, but not much different from other comments from the 'high end' community.

If you were being facetious, use some kind of emoji, next time.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Calling audio equipment 'high end' usually happens to make the designers, sellers and buyers feel good about it. To be fair, there's some very nice equipment in this category but that market is filled with people looking for ways to use adjectives and find a market for the fertilizer they have to offer.

Sound isn't 'opaque'.

Opinion doesn't equal fact. Listening tests are subjective and perception of sound is great, but trying to convince others without proof is like religion- it requires faith to be a believer. Your terminology is odd, but not much different from other comments from the 'high end' community.

If you were being facetious, use some kind of emoji, next time.
Sound isn't opaque, but people can be :D

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis