SVS SB-1000 or SB-2000 for music in 700sqft apartment?

yokken

yokken

Junior Audioholic
The PB1000 is definitely opening up a bit. What surprises me is how subtle it is, like you said, at low volumes. It's cool how I can be listening to a song at low volume and feel the kick drum, really softly, but I can feel it. It's not coming from my speakers, it's not coming from the sub to the side, it just... is there. At louder volumes it's easy to echolocate the sub, but it doesn't detract much from my enjoyment. I decided to test it a little last night, threw on Rack City... say what you want, but the bass in that song is STUPID. I had it at about 70% volume (with the UMC-200 at 35 volume) and it was shaking my place. I only left it at that for about a minute because it was amazing but most likely obnoxious as hell for my neighbors. But... I just had to see what it could do. :D I played Bass I Love You at 70% as well and I could feel the low bass in my jeans. This thing is wonderful. It's big, but comes with a big sound! I'm glad I didn't get the PB-2000... it would have been a waste of money at this point in my life. This will definitely satisfy me for a few years.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis