SVS PB-2000 / PSA V1500 / HSU VTF-15H MK2 / Seaton MFW-15 Turbo SS

Which sub would you choose?

• Total voters
T

Touareg

Enthusiast
Hey all,

Decided to let gp of the Funk Audio sub and had a discussion with Mark Seaton at Seaton Sound regarding the MFW-15 Turbo SS and put in an order! Very reasonable pricing with consideration of shipping (and no duties since it's made in the US).

Also read Jim Wilson's review at HTS. Very stoked!!

Thanks to everyone for their support and recommendations!

Cheers from Canada.

theJman

theJman

Audioholic Chief
You made a very good choice - the MFW is an excellent subwoofer. I suspect you'll be quite pleased with it. I certainly was. ;)

T

Touareg

Enthusiast
You made a very good choice - the MFW is an excellent subwoofer. I suspect you'll be quite pleased with it. I certainly was. ;)
I went back and forth quite a bit (analysis paralysis), but in the end your review and the awesome price point tipped it over!

djreef

djreef

Audioholic Chief
Hey all,

Decided to let gp of the Funk Audio sub and had a discussion with Mark Seaton at Seaton Sound regarding the MFW-15 Turbo SS and put in an order! Very reasonable pricing with consideration of shipping (and no duties since it's made in the US).

Also read Jim Wilson's review at HTS. Very stoked!!

Thanks to everyone for their support and recommendations!

Cheers from Canada.
Trust me. You will be happy.

DJ

T

Touareg

Enthusiast
Trust me. You will be happy.

DJ
I must say that I'm quite happy and impressed. Add on top of that Mark Seaton has been great to deal with! I wonder why we don't hear as much about this model compared to Seaton Sound's other subs...!

theJman

theJman

Audioholic Chief
Being that it's not one of Seaton Sounds mainstream models the MFW flies under the radar for the most part. Everyone who has heard it seems to be pleased though, so it might not go unnoticed for much longer.

moves

moves

Audioholic Chief
Those F18s are awesome looking though.... not too bad of a price either. 2200 or so I believe with a slave at around $1300.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Being that it's not one of Seaton Sounds mainstream models the MFW flies under the radar for the most part. Everyone who has heard it seems to be pleased though, so it might not go unnoticed for much longer.
@Klipschhead302 has 4 MFW's I believe and he's reported good things. I guess it depends on the amp though. I think he said there were a bunch made with questionable amps.

theJman

theJman

Audioholic Chief
@Klipschhead302 has 4 MFW's I believe and he's reported good things. I guess it depends on the amp though. I think he said there were a bunch made with questionable amps.
The MFW's are using a variant of the same SpeakerPower amp JTR, PSA, et al are using, so it's a very well tested model with a ton of units sold. I had the review sub for the better part of 4 months and it never gave me a lick of trouble.

Klipschhead302

Klipschhead302

Senior Audioholic
I have 3 production MFW15's and one beta MFW15, all have stock AV123 drivers. 2 of the production MFW's have Seaton Sound ICE amplifiers with his programming. The other two have AV123 V2 amplifiers which have plenty of output but are VERY prone to failure, in fact I went though 6 of them before AV123 was shut down.

All MFW's with stock drivers and the Seaton Sound ICE amplifiers are awesome performers. With the Seaton Sound drivers and ICE amplifier programmed for those drivers it's an entirely different animal.

I've never heard one but at some point I am HOPING I have all 4 of mine with the amplifiers and drivers from Mark Seaton, that would be awesome.

T

Touareg

Enthusiast
Quick follow-up. Five and a half months later, this sub is awesome. Brought it to a friend's house who has a PSA V1500 in a larger space (25'x17') than mine. Pretty neck and neck except that the EQ on the MFW makes it easier to dial-in and maximize the performance!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

djreef

djreef

Audioholic Chief
Those F18s are awesome looking though.... not too bad of a price either. 2200 or so I believe with a slave at around $1300.
Honestly, I couldn't imagine needing any more sub, so I bought 2, just to be safe.

DJ

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis