P

pjoseph

Full Audioholic
Yea i agree not the best looking amp Ep2500
but i will still be ordering it because of all the great reviews on it.
Also those side tabs are going to drive me crazy

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
Big brown truck just pulled up

Looks like the fun is getting close......:D
I think Andrew is frozen in his garage, I may have to run over there and pour some hot water on him and see if he comes back to life.

My amp and EQ should be here today.:D

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
Ok, for some reason I didn't think the EP2500 would be this big and heavy; I never looked up the specs or dimensions. I pictured it being similar to my little AudioSource amp I use in zone 3....wrong....this thing is big, heavy and built like a tank.

There is no way I am going to be able to hide this from the wife so I will have to throw Andrew under the bus on this one. You guys back me if the time ever comes.

Here is the story we are going with:

Andrew gave me the parts number of the amp and EQ and I just ordered them without research. All along I assumed that it would be something like a plate amp with the EQ built into the sub. I have never seen nor heard of using external equipment for a sub. I am very shocked to see all this gear. Well, we have it now so lets just figure out how to make it all fit somewhere.

Anything else you guys would add?

Man, I would hate to be Andrew come this Saturday. He will be in big trouble!

I actually think these look good.

Warpdrv

Warpdrv

Audioholic Ninja
Hehehheh That EP2500 is a beast of an amp... I just got 1, and its freakin heavy... Nice build construction, my first one went to Nance and took a dump, so I gave him the one I got and shipped back the other for replacement, they shipped out my new one right away... I have to pull it out of the truck and fire it up to make sure its working.... Much heavier then my QSC 2502's

Find a place for those bad boys... I see you got the Dual 2ohm Axis driver, so 2500w should work very well on that driver. My TC-3000 is a Quad 1ohm which wired up will be around 6ohm, unfortunately I will need a larger amp for that driver to get its full potential out of it... We'll see how it sounds compared to the Revo's or the TC-2000's... :)

Congrats buddy, welcome to the world of DIY, you will be thrilled with the power and SQ they hold in store...

Davemcc

Davemcc

Audioholic Spartan
Here is the story we are going with:

Andrew gave me the parts number of the amp and EQ and I just ordered them without research. All along I assumed that it would be something like a plate amp with the EQ built into the sub. I have never seen nor heard of using external equipment for a sub. I am very shocked to see all this gear. Well, we have it now so lets just figure out how to make it all fit somewhere.

Anything else you guys would add?
It's time to do a hidden system with a discrete control system. Tell your wife it will make a prettier, cleaner and easier system to use.

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
Oh she's not happy about this one. I am pretty certain me and the sub will reside on the patio for the next few weeks. It will get worse when she sees the amp and EQ.
It's time to do a hidden system with a discrete control system. Tell your wife it will make a prettier, cleaner and easier system to use.

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
I still don't know how you pulled that off!

BTW, Andrew said on the trip to his Dad's, my new sub ate 2 Ultras and spit one out and s*** the other one out:eek::rolleyes::D
LOL!!!:D
I finally got mine back after the second Ultra arrived. Was out on the back porch for about a month...:eek:

croseiv

croseiv

Audioholic Samurai
I still don't know how you pulled that off!

BTW, Andrew said on the trip to his Dad's, my new sub ate 2 Ultras and spit one out and s*** the other one out:eek::rolleyes::D
So you really think so huh?:D I'm dying to see some measurements (unbiased of course). I'm pretty happy with 115 dB at 20 Hz.

Last edited:
croseiv

croseiv

Audioholic Samurai
that's got a bigger driver from a higher series (from the same company) not counting the fact it's basically ported (PR'ed). :)
That's about where dual Ultras in 20 Hz mode are though. I can't imagine what six (sicks :D) would be like though Mike.

mike c

mike c

Audioholic Warlord
That's about where dual Ultras in 20 Hz mode are though. I can't imagine what six (sicks :D) would be like though Mike.
never tried 6 :) 4 is overkill. i figure, i can survive with 3 in my 4k room. :D

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis