Sub bass extension gets extended to play lower and louder than before!

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Dolby CP-200

Banned
Clint DeBoer said:
I love your creativity. Now lose the cupcake cartons and get some drapes! :)
Clint DeBoer

ROTFLMAO:D

Yeah I need to fire the decorator:D

Drapes well I have thought about that one, simple affordable and affective.

Nothing like rockwool and some coloured fabric can’t fix placed around the sidewalls and rear wall, but the work involved putting all that up, yeah but what a nice look it will have.

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
Dolby;

Your subs are 2x the size of your TV. Glad you have your priorities straight :D

D

Dolby CP-200

Banned
gene said:
Dolby;

Your subs are 2x the size of your TV. Glad you have your priorities straight :D
gene

ROTFLMAO:D

Oh stop it your killing me…

Well the TV monitor is different from my original SONY KX27 PS1 if you look closer at the pictures you might see. The ole SONY was showing problems with blacks and thou I had made many adjustments to keep it looking shape as possible I just decided to change it over with something a little less problematic for the time being until I get enough saved for a flat screen or best a video projector as costs have come down below £1K now and that’s more realistic.

Tomorrow

Tomorrow

Audioholic Ninja
You are simply a creative genius. Mad, perhaps, but interesting! ;) Keep up the work, Dolby. (I think this is how the lightbulb and the cotton gin were invented.)

In case you need some spare parts, I have a friend who will soon be installing carpeting in his new home. We could save you some tubes. (I used to use them as homemade launchers for my homemade rockets filled with homemade gunpowder. "Look ma, no fingers. :) )

I gotta ask...do those Christmas lights serve any audio purpose? Or are they your ambient lighting, perhaps? One never knows when looking at your gear.

Much good cheer, mate.

D

Dolby CP-200

Banned
Tomorrow

I took the Christmas tree down but decided to keep the lights up, don’t worry there not plugged in at the moment. I should really take them down and place them in a box till needed.

D

Dolby CP-200

Banned
Tomorrow

I took the Christmas tree down but decided to keep the lights up, don’t worry there not plugged in at the moment. I should really take them down and place them in a box till needed.

As for the moment I have taken the longer tube off and placed the sub back on its feet there was only a small difference with the longer tube, it’s the old saying trail and error the shorter one works and like someone described the problem I was having with it called (chuffing) or port noise where some other method was given to me about (flaring) well I can’t say I’ve heard of that method a few pictures would be helpful.

Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
Dolby CP-200 said:
Tomorrow

As for the moment I have taken the longer tube off and placed the sub back on its feet there was only a small difference with the longer tube, it’s the old saying trail and error the shorter one works and like someone described the problem I was having with it called (chuffing) or port noise where some other method was given to me about (flaring) well I can’t say I’ve heard of that method a few pictures would be helpful.
Flaring, that is when the port has a fixture on the ends of the the tuned port that flair out, or widen. It reduces port turbulence.

Like I said Ashley, hit and miss.:D Now you know the sub was properly designed.:D

highfihoney

highfihoney

Audioholic Samurai
Rob Babcock said:
I dunno about the WAF of your theater room, though!:D
Hehe,the WAF went out the window a long time ago:D I do love this guy though,Clint Eastwood used to be my hero but not anymore,its like listening to Howard Stern,im dying to see what he does next:D

D

Dolby CP-200

Banned
Seth=L said:
Flaring, that is when the port has a fixture on the ends of the the tuned port that flair out, or widen. It reduces port turbulence.

Like I said Ashley, hit and miss.:D Now you know the sub was properly designed.:D
Seth=L

I see where your going with that I’ll look around for some affordable materials and make some modifications next week and see of it turns out. Mind you I would have to take of the short length of port and seeing that its added a +6db boost I’ll still try it out via making a support that would cover over the port or I could just turn it onto its side with the front pointing down towards the floor now why didn’t I think of that one earlier.

I do tend to think in 3-dimensional it just simply eluded me that’s all.

yettitheman

yettitheman

Audioholic General
What TV? :D

I think the idea with Ashley's setup is that you close your eyes and listen to the sound... and you'll still see the pictures... like a Ray Charles fashion :D :p

H

Hi-Fi ve

Junior Audioholic
Dolby CP-200, someone just told me that you’ve been banned from other forums for misbehaving. Is that true? :eek:

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Flared tube:

The ideal flared tube has a very specific shape that gets small near the center and spreads out toward either end, but creating the exact shape is very tricky AFAIK, so straight with flared ends is the most common.

dave1490

dave1490

Audioholic
Clint DeBoer said:
I love your creativity. Now lose the cupcake cartons and get some drapes! :)

thats what that was,i thought it was an attempt at making a dead sound room.

D

Dolby CP-200

Banned
Hi-Fi ve said:
Dolby CP-200, someone just told me that you’ve been banned from other forums for misbehaving. Is that true? :eek:
Hi-Fi ve

What those backstabbing wankers from S&V? They can all get stuffed!

Anyway I don’t want to hear anything about a backstabbing forums sites if you don’t mind!!!

Last edited:
yettitheman

yettitheman

Audioholic General
umm...

I've seen him in other forums... he's not behaving bad here, so who cares.

Smoke them if you got them :confused: :cool:

highfihoney

highfihoney

Audioholic Samurai
I agree,IMO what he does on other forums has no bearing on his conduct here infact he has brought alot of interesting topics & discussion to the table since ive seen him here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis