Struggling with a tough decision today

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
I have an Alaskan malamute that is getting old. Probably has a couple years left, but I dread the day that must be the last day of her life. I love my dog, she is a great dog.

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
Godammit, my malamute has been having nose-bleeds, so I took her in for CT scan. There is an aggressive tumor spreading that has almost reached her brain, the worst possible news. She does not have long left. This is a great dog and the very last creature on earth to deserve such a fate. This is just horrible. ^%$(&^(%)%$!

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
Godammit, my malamute has been having nose-bleeds, so I took her in for CT scan. There is an aggressive tumor spreading that has almost reached her brain, the worst possible news. She does not have long left. This is a great dog and the very last creature on earth to deserve such a fate. This is just horrible. ^%$(&^(%)%$!
Do the right thing Shady and have her euthanized before she gets into a horrible situation.

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
At the moment, the tumor is only causing some mild nose bleeds and its also making her snore. Aside from that she seems fine, and does not seem to be in any pain nor is the tumor slowing her down. However, once it reaches the brain, that should change suddenly. The moment it does, we will take that last trip to the vet- I will not let her experience any unnecessary pain. Until then, the plan is to give her as much joy as possible. It may only be a matter of days or maybe weeks, and I will make them all count.

C

Chu Gai

Audioholic Samurai
Sorry this is happening to your pet. Maybe bucket list time?

B

BrianT

Enthusiast
Suppose you know what is the right decision to make here mate, even though it's a tough one .

M

Midwesthonky

Audioholic General
I feel for you. It's a tough decision to make and it's tough to lose them. It will be hard, but you will know when it's time. That knowledge won't make it any easier, but remember the good times. In the mean time, spoil them.

its phillip

its phillip

Audioholic Ninja
My grandparents have a little italian greyhound that's around 15-16 years old. She's now blind, deaf, and always seems to be in pain. My grandma knows she should be euthanized but my grandpa refuses to for whatever reason. It's terribly sad :(

My condolences to all of you as well :(

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Wow, very sorry to hear that. I had a Malamute too, Sierra. Great dogs. Be strong and take care.

Dan

Dan

Audioholic Chief
Well the vet said it's time for my Abra. Failed her fourth line of chemo after the last one bought her a few weeks. Will do it Friday or Saturday. Second dog in less than a year from cancer. No more dogs. Can't do this again.

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
Sorry to hear that and my sympathies goes out to the both of you. I've had to do this twice already and I suspect, a3rd one is coming within a years time. Its not easy but seeing them suffer is harder to take.

M

Midwesthonky

Audioholic General
Tough, but be glad they were in your life and be happy for the smiles and companionship they gave you in return for you taking care of them.

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
Sucks man. I hope you find peace knowing you provided great love to your pet.

Dan

Dan

Audioholic Chief
Thanks everybody. She was herself until the end, licking tears off of everyone's face. She is gone but I am a better person because of her.:(

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
Thanks everybody. She was herself until the end, licking tears off of everyone's face. She is gone but I am a better person because of her.:(
Sorry to hear the sad news.

No matter how much I thought I disliked being licked at rapid speed, she eventually wore you down. She made it mandatory to like her.

lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord
My father-in-law just had to put his oldest dog down.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis