Steinway Lyngdorf P200: High end surround processor with Dolby Atmos® AND AURO-3D® support

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
That's the way to do it. To be honest, I think the T system sounds better with the subs bass managed than running fullrange as a tower speaker.
I definitely think that is the best way to go for the T system & for the SX-8300/6300. This is one thing that sets the RBH towers (& a few others like them) apart from most towers available.

Just got word that my speakers should ship out Friday or next Monday. So hopefully it won't be too long before I shock everyone again with new pictures of my system. :D

Last edited:
Montucky

Montucky

Full Audioholic
Bumped for relevance. Just had a home theater estimate where the rep suggested the P200. While it's a definite no as that is WAY WAY WAY above my budget, I am curious what the opinion is on them now that half a year has gone by. It's still $18,000. I'm sure it's stellar, but yikes. Even as somebody who loves researching high end crap, I still had major sticker shock. The price I was given for the whole setup (just for gear) rang in at about 70k, not including the remote control (nearly 7k), the RoomPerfect Calibration kit (around $700), or any of the others accessories. The speaker grills on these alone cost more than many speakers. The spikes for the subs? $300. The matching CD player. $4400.

I'm sure the setup sounds stunning, but it seems to me that they're just taking advantage of rich folks with most of it.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Bumped for relevance. Just had a home theater estimate where the rep suggested the P200. While it's a definite no as that is WAY WAY WAY above my budget, I am curious what the opinion is on them now that half a year has gone by. It's still $18,000. I'm sure it's stellar, but yikes. Even as somebody who loves researching high end crap, I still had major sticker shock. The price I was given for the whole setup (just for gear) rang in at about 70k, not including the remote control (nearly 7k), the RoomPerfect Calibration kit (around $700), or any of the others accessories. The speaker grills on these alone cost more than many speakers. The spikes for the subs? $300. The matching CD player. $4400.

I'm sure the setup sounds stunning, but it seems to me that they're just taking advantage of rich folks with most of it.
2 words: Diminishing Returns. :D

No single factor (cost, brand, calibration, etc.) guarantees what you really want in SQ.

This system (and many other extremely expensive systems) is just one example of how the filthy rich can waste their money to release some stress. Whatever works. :D

I'm not really jealous or envious or anything. :D

I don't really want to be a billionaire or anything like that. :D

Montucky

Montucky

Full Audioholic
^^
Yup. So true. What's even crazier though, is the fact that there are some folks around town ("other side of the tracks" mind you) that have $1MM+ A/V setups, making my $80k bid seem like chump change. Glad there's a market for that to be perfectly honest, but hopefully one day I'll see some of this stuff on Craigslist when they upgrade each year. Not gonna happen, but one can dream.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis