Star Wars: Episode VII Force Awakens New Details Look Promising?

Do you think Star Wars: Episode VII Force Awakens will rock?

• Yes. The force is strong with this movie.

Votes: 11 84.6%
  • No. Jar Jar Abrams be damned.

Votes: 2 15.4%

• Total voters
gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
The internet is flooded with Star Wars: Episode VII Force Awakens rumors, speculations, and predictions on how well it will be received. Up until yesterday nobody really had a feeling for what the movie would truly be like. All of that has changed with the latest trailer which managed to get over 20 million views on YouTube yesterday. After watching the trailer, I must give JJ Abrams some props. I foresee great potential in this movie. Can this movie bring back balance to the franchise that has been sorely missed since the original movies?

Read Star Wars: Episode VII Force Awakens New Details Look Promising?

What do you think, good or bad?

Last edited:
its phillip

its phillip

Audioholic Ninja
I hope the movie is awesome. The trailer looked great.

S

smunz

Audiophyte
REALLY looking forward to the new movie. Already have put in to take Thursday off! Can Star Wars top 200 million for an opening weekend and beat out the avengers?

No problem

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
I'm not sold, yet, but I'm definitely hopeful. I really like the Star Trek reboot a lot (and I am also a big fan of the originals that I grew up on), not only for the action, but also because I liked that they found a way to bring younger actors in and restart the franchise. I hope they pull this off. Heck, I'd be happy if Disney would just release the original Star Wars on blu-ray. :)

E

Eric Crowder

Audiophyte
I can't wait until it's out on Bluray. Especially when it comes out on UHD BluRay and DTS:X/Dolby Atmos or whatever.

Stanton

Stanton

Audioholics Contributing Writer
I'm pumped, but then again I still have the original trilogy LD box set (autographed, no less). I'm also cautiously optimistic the Blu-Ray release could be significant on two fronts:
1) Probably a slam dunk for Dolby Atmos (the Force was always strong with Dolby)
2) Could be one of the first 4k releases (remember, we're talking mid-2016).

A

andyblackcat

Audioholic General
The "teaser 2" had some SBE pressing me back into the seat.

Its 30 million + views now.

Is it me or does Star Wars JJ 7 remind me of one of the Star Trek JJ trailers?

Speeder moving across the screen reminds me of Star Trek, Kirk, on the bike.

I see hope other than than using it for cash cow. Wow that Star Wars Cash Milk t"ts must be dried up by now? :p

Got Force Milk this cow, can you feel it? :D

Star Trek, blows up Vulcan, to p!ssed off Trekers. That was crossing the line.
Opens a can of Khan, worms that was just sheer loud. Yeah good production qualities they are but can't beat down a good STAR TREK II THE WRATH OF KHAN.

I guess trailer won't be out till July 2015? Followed by a second trailer October 2015? By which time the "teaser 2" would have had 100 million views.

Any predictions of rebels or imperials being sucked out into the vacuum of space like Star Trek'09/Into darkness'13. Jedi '83 rebel crashes into bridge of star destroyer everyone appears to be blown inwards not being sucked outwards.

Red matter in Star Trek, I wonder if they'll be any dark side matter, if matters that much?

Last edited:
W

wiyosaya

Audioholic
I'm remaining neutral so I did not vote. However, I can say that for me, the Trek reboot holds more promise now that JJ is gone (in case anyone has not heard, there was a recent announcement that the next Trek film would go where no one has gone before - which has my hopes up). So will 7 be better than 1 - 3, I certainly hope so. Will it be better than 4 - 6, I also certainly hope so, but JJs track record is not the greatest to me, so I'll wait and see the finished product before I decide whether Jar Jar has awoken from his well-deserved sleep.

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
I'm remaining neutral so I did not vote. However, I can say that for me, the Trek reboot holds more promise now that JJ is gone (in case anyone has not heard, there was a recent announcement that the next Trek film would go where no one has gone before - which has my hopes up). So will 7 be better than 1 - 3, I certainly hope so. Will it be better than 4 - 6, I also certainly hope so, but JJs track record is not the greatest to me, so I'll wait and see the finished product before I decide whether Jar Jar has awoken from his well-deserved sleep.
It's my unrealistic hope that Paramount hire Nicholas Myer (Director of STII and STVI, arguably the best Star Trek Movies) to direct the latest Trek and create a wormhole to bring old Kirk back in time to destroy Nero and prevent the time line from the last 2 movies from ever existing. That would be cool :)

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
It's my unrealistic hope that Paramount hire Nicholas Myer (Director of STII and STVI, arguably the best Star Trek Movies) to direct the latest Trek and create a wormhole to bring old Kirk back in time to destroy Nero and prevent the time line from the last 2 movies from ever existing. That would be cool :)
Maybe you want to combine these threads?

http://forums.audioholics.com/forums/threads/star-wars-the-force-awakens.93934/

BTW I voted yes. :) I don't care if its JJ Abrahmas cash cow or not. His past flicks were always entertaining ( one can't take sci-fi overly serious or it just spoils all the fun ) and the blurays spun from his movies were always good demo material. Yup, count me in.

Last edited:
Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai
Having attended Star Wars Celebration 2015, I have to say I am intrigued, though a little concerned by this next Star Wars Episode VII Disney Edition.

At least at the end you have Han and Chewie, that put a smile on my face. As for the new cast members, I don't have enough plot information to see how it is all going to work. I was only able to sit on the Carrie Fisher (Princess Lea) Pannel, and she was too drunk and weird to gather any information. I give her credit for making out with a fan sitting in the panel. She needs help :eek:

A

andyblackcat

Audioholic General
Having attended Star Wars Celebration 2015, I have to say I am intrigued, though a little concerned by this next Star Wars Episode VII Disney Edition.

At least at the end you have Han and Chewie, that put a smile on my face. As for the new cast members, I don't have enough plot information to see how it is all going to work. I was only able to sit on the Carrie Fisher (Princess Lea) Pannel, and she was too drunk and weird to gather any information. I give her credit for making out with a fan sitting in the panel. She needs help :eek:
I'm wondering if it actually appears in the film or just extra filmed to sell the "teaser 2".

KIRK: Almost as she was irrational, drugged? :p

Star Trek has phaser banks and deflector shields. What's Star Wars got? They couldn't put deflector shields up on the death star and prevent it being blown up twice! :D

You said "Lea" what Princess Lea and...

I was looking in the cupboard only a few far, far long days ago... and thought it almost says Leia. :D

Last edited:
Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
I collect the Chinese antique, is pregnant the happy Chinese

A

andyblackcat

Audioholic General
STAR TREK crew reacts to how bad star wars 7 is.

star wars 7 Emotionally Gutted. :(

rojo

rojo

Audioholic Samurai
STAR TREK crew reacts to how bad star wars 7 is.

star wars 7 Emotionally Gutted. :(

Dammit, andy, I wish you hadn't resurrected this thread. I got all excited thinking a trailer for Star Wars 8 was out and wasted an embarrassing amount of time sifting through fanmade trailers on YouTube before I realized what was going on. You, sir, are a person of very low quality.

A

andyblackcat

Audioholic General
Dammit, andy, I wish you hadn't resurrected this thread. I got all excited thinking a trailer for Star Wars 8 was out and wasted an embarrassing amount of time sifting through fanmade trailers on YouTube before I realized what was going on. You, sir, are a person of very low quality.
LOL :D There's nothing star wars worthy to get excited about anymore I think everyone doesn't like star wars 7, that's why very little talk about it here.

Rouge One is in trouble with re-shooting so maybe its the the new disney "mary sue" thing they need to change as its gotten under a lot of STAR WARS fans collars.

Not even looking forward to Rouge One in December gonna stay in with my cats too expensive cinemas today.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Every upcoming Star Wars movie will still make $1 billion worldwide regardless of how dumb it is or who directs it. :D

A

andyblackcat

Audioholic General
This is where star wars 7 goes in the cat litter! disney got my £15.99 and I hope they force choke on it! I can't sell it or give this dire star wars 7 for free on ebay I'm stuck with it. Emotionally Gutted! :(

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis