Speakers; When is good enough, enough

Discussion in 'GENERAL AV Discussions' started by jeffsg4mac, May 27, 2004.

1. palmharbor Junior Audioholic

palmharbor
    Reagan Quote

I agree: what reagan produced was higher unemployment than we have in October of 2009 during his second year of power. Sales of TOW rockets
    to Iran, lower wages for most middle class and lower class people and
    billions for a military that is unable to defeat a rag-tag army in Afganistan
    who has no navy, no airforce, no drones, no sat. observation technology
    and not even proper boots to wear. Based on results Reagan was good
    only for the Palm Beach crowd
  2. Boerd Full Audioholic

Boerd
    LOL - that is sooooo true.
  3. Boerd Full Audioholic

Boerd
    My take here is that the active speakers are "the end of it" provided your wife lets you go there. I own a pair of NHT XD 2.2 and for me this is it. It cured me of UPGRADATIS for good; also the fact that my wife had enough of me upgrading my gear helped a bit.
    You should always remember it is about music; males starts losing their hearing bit by bit after 35 (and even more after they get married) ...
  4. audiohonic65 Audioholic

audiohonic65
    Thanks, appreciated! Your views are informative and detailed. I some what agree with you.
  5. walter duque Audioholic Samurai

walter duque
    I think nothing in audio is ever good enough. It might be for a while but eventually you'll need another fix. That's why we are AH. Sick, is'nt it? I love it.
  6. highfigh Audioholic Warlord

highfigh
    Hearing loss starts a lot sooner than that. Look around at open-air festivals for people with little kids when a band plays. That's when hearing loss starts now, as well as people who crank their stereo at home when they have little kids. If someone is never exposed to loud sounds, it starts much later but with loud cars, fireworks, lawnmowers, iPods, stereos, movie theaters, etc, it's impossible for anyone to not be affected earlier than 35 years of age.

Kids using a big hammer to pound on a whole box of Caps (from a cap-gun) and laughing like idiots while their ears ring for hours doesn't help, either.
  7. lsiberian Audioholic Overlord

lsiberian
    Yeah but laughing like idiots is so fun who can blame them.
  8. jeffsg4mac Republican Poster Boy

jeffsg4mac
    WOW! I forgot I started this post back in 04. Holy dodo. I still have the monitor 7's but I upgraded the center channel to the Ref series, and of course my subs are in process.(delayed because of clinical and weather) The monitor 7's still sound good though. I will at some point change all the speakers out to a much higher level. After school though.

My wife and I will move after I graduate and buy a new home. We want to have a reading/relaxing room that I am going to setup with a nice 2 channel system. I have always been partial to the Maggies so I might get a pair of them for music.