Sound Field Audio - can your bookshelf reach this low?

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Whats the ETA on those?
Hopefully in about 1 - 2 weeks.

AJ still has to build 2 more pairs of M1 for customers first. Then start on the HT1. Of course, AJ also has his regular full-time job.

He also said the ribbon horn tweeter he will be using are being used in some high dollar speakers costing 5 figures! Of course, his distributor is not legally allowed to disclose the name of these speakers.:D

But knowing AJ, I'm betting these will probably be the best sounding high efficient horn speakers for the price.:D

Horns + ribbons + high efficiency.

Can't wait to put them up against my Salon2, KEF 201/2, Orion3, & Phil3. :D

T

TulsaSKD

Junior Audioholic
Hopefully in about 1 - 2 weeks.

AJ still has to build 2 more pairs of M1 for customers first. Then start on the HT1. Of course, AJ also has his regular full-time job.

He also said the ribbon horn tweeter he will be using are being used in some high dollar speakers costing 5 figures! Of course, his distributor is not legally allowed to disclose the name of these speakers.:D

But knowing AJ, I'm betting these will probably be the best sounding high efficient horn speakers for the price.:D

Horns + ribbons + high efficiency.

Can't wait to put them up against my Salon2, KEF 201/2, Orion3, & Phil3. :D
Wow the HT1 sounds like a great bang for the buck speaker. How does this tweeter compare to the RAAL in the Ascend Sierra tower?

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Wow the HT1 sounds like a great bang for the buck speaker. How does this tweeter compare to the RAAL in the Ascend Sierra tower?
I'll let you know when I get them. :D

But $200 tweeters used in five figures $$ speakers should sound really really great. :D

Speakers that should have flat frequency response, smooth off-axis, high efficient/ high output.

Audition those high efficient Pi speakers in Tulsa and I think you may get a good idea.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Just got the M1 today on the "tour".

My room is 18' x 20'. It is open on 3 sides.

Amp & source: Denon 3312/ Server WMA Lossless.

M1 impressions:

Yo-Yo Ma: Ecstasy of Gold - sounds really great. Awesome cello music. Really large soundstage. Crystal clear.

Ennio Morricone: Trio - Crystal clear sound. Great horn music. Very large soundstage.

Richard Clayderman: Marriage D'Amour - Crystal clear, awesome Piano music. Large soundstage.

Richard Clayderman: Moonlight Sonata - crystal clear, awesome piano music, large.

Trevor Jones: Last of the Mohicans: Main Theme and The Kiss - awesome strings music, large soundstage, clear.

DJ Dado: X-Files Theme Remix - awesome dance remix music, awesome energy sound.

Dave Mathews & Tim Reynolds: Crash Into Me - awesome acoustic live music, super clear sound, large. Amazing sound.

Philharmonic Audio Demo CD (17 tracks) - Amazing sounds. Crystal clear. Large soundstage.

Impression: great speakers. They sound much larger than they look. Crystal clear sound.

Do they sound better than Philharmonic 3, Orion3, KEF Reference 201/2, or Salon2 in terms of midrange/tweeter/soundstage/image? Not quite. Not fair comparison in terms of price.

The M1s certainly hold their own for sure! That is 100% certainty.

Then again, the M1 sound a lot better than some $8K, $14K, and $25K speakers I've auditioned.

N

Nuance AH

Audioholic General
Cool - thanks for the impressions, ADTG. I look forward to getting them in my home. I still don't know if I am next on the list or behind another person...

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Cool - thanks for the impressions, ADTG. I look forward to getting them in my home. I still don't know if I am next on the list or behind another person...
I've had the M1 for week now. Crossfire them on toe-in. Bass level @ #3 notch. I think they are fully dialed in as good as they can be. My impression of them is the same. They are great monitors.

I guess the target consumers are those without subs or don't want subs.

Obviously I'm more interested in the unpowered High Efficiency monitors. :D

I better get 2 new large U-Haul boxes for the double boxing.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
AJ just emailed me. You are next in line after me. :D

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Yippee!!!

I hear you about un-powered monitors, though. I'd prefer to cross them at 80Hz and be done.
Yeah, AJ is targeting a different market with the M1 - folks without subs and don't want subs.

Heck, guys like us have subs, backup subs, and backup for our backup subs. :eek: :D

I'm going to have 6 subs in my HT room (damn it I need a more rooms!), 2 subs in my family room, and 1 sub already in the closet. :eek:

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
The M1 tour is going on now.

But just to be clear, the tour rules:

1) You are responsible for paying the shipping charges to the next person. Amounts will vary, of course, with locations and carriers (FedEx, UPS, etc). The weight of each box is 43lbs.

2) You are responsible for buying 2 new large size (18" x 18" x 24") U-Haul boxes ($6) to replace the 2 shipped U-Haul boxes that the previous person bought.

3) You may discard the 2 used U-Haul boxes, but keep everything else.

D

DS-21

Full Audioholic
FWIW, my review of the SAM1's is at the link in my sig. I'll probably clean it up a little more, but that's a decent start.

C

capricious

Junior Audioholic
Wonderful review, DS-21! You have captured the essence of these speakers way better than i can ever hope to!
I had these speakers and shipped them to the next person on the list yesterday. They are truly unique speakers that should be auditioned before you can shell out $$$ for a high quality speaker. If you want floor standers but don't have the space, these are -THE- speakers to get. I've not had a speaker that could put out this amount of bass relative to its size. Very very good top to bottom integration, and great soundstaging. Imaging is precise, and has a great "boogie" factor.

D

DS-21

Full Audioholic
Wonderful review, DS-21! You have captured the essence of these speakers way better than i can ever hope to!
Thank you. I wish I had more time with them, so I could've taken more useful measurements.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis