Soooo, did anyone else catch the 1st episode of "V"?

lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord
If you like her, rent the series “Firefly”. She’s in it, as well as the hottie from the Terminator series, and it’s a very good series to boot.
She's also the head of the Ori army in Stargate.

She was very hot in that role.

AVRat

AVRat

Audioholic Ninja
Her name is Morena Baccarin. Elizabeth Mitchell is the FBI agent with the bad boy son.

gmichael

gmichael

Audioholic Spartan
Wasn't bad. Plenty-O-eye-candy. It's worth a second look.
The original wasn't the greatest either so I wasn't expecting much. So far, a lot of the same plot lines done at an accelerated rate.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
The original wasn't the greatest either so I wasn't expecting much. So far, a lot of the same plot lines done at an accelerated rate.
This is true, but the first one was entertaining if a bit cheezy, and that made-for-TV B-movie thing worked for it. Hopefully they won't try to make this one serious. It seems almost like it is a given that they will have to flash back to fill in stories of the various characters if they want people to get interested long term. Eye candy works, but if there is no story to go with it, it probably won't be around long.

gmichael

gmichael

Audioholic Spartan
This is true, but the first one was entertaining if a bit cheezy, and that made-for-TV B-movie thing worked for it. Hopefully they won't try to make this one serious. It seems almost like it is a given that they will have to flash back to fill in stories of the various characters if they want people to get interested long term. Eye candy works, but if there is no story to go with it, it probably won't be around long.
Maybe not, but it sure doesn't hurt.

jinjuku

jinjuku

Wasn't bad. Plenty-O-eye-candy. It's worth a second look.
Battle Star Galactica the original series wasn't great either but the new Mini-series and seasons 1-3 where 'frackin' great.

George R.R. Martin summed it up best about SciFi channel. They can take utter drek (original BSG) and make it stupendous, and they can take something stupendous (Earth Sea Trilogy) and make it utter drek.

gmichael

gmichael

Audioholic Spartan
Battle Star Galactica the original series wasn't great either but the new Mini-series and seasons 1-3 where 'frackin' great.

George R.R. Martin summed it up best about SciFi channel. They can take utter drek (original BSG) and make it stupendous, and they can take something stupendous (Earth Sea Trilogy) and make it utter drek.
I don't disagree. We will see what we will see. So far, it has been ok. Too soon to make a call, but it din't blow me away or suck too bad.

lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord
Personally I don't find a show with only 5 minutes of new footage every week to be great. The flashbacks plain ruined that show. Every episode I saw was filled with flashbacks. The irony is some folks are calling the new stargate BSG. I've yet to see a flashback.

The mini-series was fairly well executed though.

It takes time for shows to become truly awesome problem is most networks aren't patient anymore.

I mean the first season of Voyager was one of the worst, but the late seasons were phenomenal. Great scifi's take time to build up.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
I'm reminded of the conversation that I had with a guy at work in which he stated that lizards (dimensionally-traveling shape shifters, mind you) were controlling the major world governments and were using us for food. I asked if it was like "V", and he said yes. According to him, they actually feed off of our energy field and not our flesh, but same general principle.

The guy was completely serious.

[Some of you may remember me writing about this before.]

Matt34

Matt34

Just read that it was the highest viewed premire since Lost with 13million+ viewers.

JerryLove

JerryLove

Audioholic Samurai
Personally I don't find a show with only 5 minutes of new footage every week to be great. The flashbacks plain ruined that show. Every episode I saw was filled with flashbacks. The irony is some folks are calling the new stargate BSG. I've yet to see a flashback.
Stargate universe is definately BSG done with less skill. It's the lack of score, use of the handycam, cut rate, angle rate, conversation flow, etc. It's done, much as BSG, as though there's a guy walking around the set of "24" with a handycam (actually, that's how 24 looks too).

The problem with SG:U... well, this isn't the thread, but I've got a list.

The mini-series was fairly well executed though.
The old V was just hokey soap-opera... but I was like 10 and there were uniforms and ray guns and space-ships.

I mean the first season of Voyager was one of the worst, but the late seasons were phenomenal.
I agree with half that sentance.

Actually I can think of several sci-fi shows that started strong and then lost it. SG:SG-1 (died season 8), Earth: Final Conflict (died season 2), Andromeda (died 2-3); as well as some that were generally strong throughout: BSG, B5.

B

Buckeye_Nut

Audioholic Field Marshall
I loved it...the "V" mania selling t-shirts....the promise of change and universal HC, a submissive press partner...why not jump on the bandwagon?

right? ....nevermind the fact they want to eat and destroy us.

heck...I thought the show was a hoot!!

CaliHwyPatrol

CaliHwyPatrol

Audioholic Chief
I've never heard of this, but I looked it up on IMDB and noticed that Morena Baccarin has a boy haircut. Epic fail of the highest order.

CraigV

CraigV

Audioholic General
I've never heard of this, but I looked it up on IMDB and noticed that Morena Baccarin has a boy haircut. Epic fail of the highest order.
Agreed. I still say her best role to date was as Inara on Firefly.

She could be my “companion” anytime :D

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis