Soooo, did anyone else catch the 1st episode of "V"?

Matt34

Matt34

I thought it was alright, some familiar faces in the cast. Brought up to date with the "terrorist" tie-in and the special effects were better than what I was expecting.

CraigV

CraigV

Audioholic General
I found the premise that the aliens had been here for a while interesting, but everything else sucked. No time for character or plot development, bad script, too many cuts/edits, cheesy acting, too many discombobulated story lines…the only thing missing was the bad ‘80’s hair styles.

Dang, I really had high hopes for this iteration. Too bad the producers/writers/director didn’t learn from the first go round. They were right for delaying it, wrong for thinking they had a winning combination.

(I find it humorously ironic that I used the “Ctrl V” function to paste these comments from MS word) :D

Matt34

Matt34

I'm not ready to write it off yet....but I am a sucker for chessy sci-fi shows so I may not be the norm.:p

J

jamie2112

Banned
I watched it once in the 80's.I watched the 1st one last night with the wife.I was not impressed to say the least.........could get better though...

AVRat

AVRat

Audioholic Ninja
Dang, the premiere seemed like the Cliff notes version of six episodes! The Vs are already being outed.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
It was OK. I kind of expected a little more. It did progress way too fast compared to the original; it just felt like they wanted to squeeze too much in to get the ball rolling.

Matt34

Matt34

It was OK. I kind of expected a little more. It did progress way too fast compared to the original; it just felt like they wanted to squeeze too much in to get the ball rolling.
Yeah, hopefully it slows down for some character development.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
I didn't get home from work in time to see it, but I wasn't sure if I wanted to watch it anyway - and from people's comments, I'm glad that I missed it. :)

darien87

darien87

Audioholic Spartan
It was all right. Definitely came in with a whimper and not a bang as I'd hoped. I don't remember much from the original series, other than Robert Englund playing a somewhat retarded alien. I'm interested to see what Morris Chestnut does with the human he had planned to marry. Will he tell her the truth? Will she accept or reject him? Will they have some kind of mutant, half-lizard baby?

That chick that plays Anna is smokin' hot though. :D

P.S. What's the deal with Party of Five actors getting shows on ABC? First you had Jack in Lost, now you've got the younger brother on V. When does Neve Campbell get her new show?

darien87

darien87

Audioholic Spartan
Her and Elizabeth Mitchell are the only two reasons that I was even considering watching it. :)
Is she the Trinity look-alike from Lost? If you, yeah she's pretty cute. GREAT cans.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I think they are trying to get you up to speed right away so they can start getting into the individual stories of things that are going on with the characters. They just wanted to lay the foundation. I'll see how it develops over the next few and see if I get bored or not.

JerryLove

JerryLove

Audioholic Samurai
I think they are imitating too many of the mistakes of the original V. The quest for water (one of the most abundant substances in our solar-system), the "reptiles in a human suit" (certainly we could have come up with something a little more reasonable on how to make them non-humans posing as humans than "they are wearing a suit"), The method of trying to setup the characters in a couple of minutes each (if ever a premiere called for introduction-via-flashback, this was it).

I like some of the homage work, and also liked the "visitor cell", and think there's some good casting: but it just isn't as well done as it should be.

CraigV

CraigV

Audioholic General
That chick that plays Anna is smokin' hot though. :D

?
If you like her, rent the series “Firefly”. She’s in it, as well as the hottie from the Terminator series, and it’s a very good series to boot.

krzywica

krzywica

Audioholic Samurai
I liked it....although at first I thought it looked really cheesy and retarded I couldn't stop watching it and by the end of the show I wanted more....

The F-16 crash was poorly done but the affects with the mirroring of the ships were very cool.

I guess only time will tell if this becomes a regular watch or not....

R

ragged

Senior Audioholic
Well, it wasn't bad. Worth dvr'ing to watch later. The alien leader chick is hot, and was hot when she played basically the same role on Stargate as the Auri leader. Somehow, I keep imagining her telling me I've been a naughty, naughty boy:eek:

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis