Sony BDP-S2500. A Phantom?

M

markw

Audioholic Overlord
We were at Wal-Mart seeing what Black Friday sales were left and I saw this BDP (with wireless) for $45.00. We need one for the new place in Texas and this thing is almost small enough to fit in my wife's purse, and the price is unbeatable.

Now, I have two other sonys (S580 qnd S390) and love 'em both. I do notice, however, tht as time goes on, the connections on the back become less and less.

My first, the 580 has HDMI, LAN and red/white analog outputs and a power cord that plugs into the wall. the newer, the 390 has HDMI, LAN and a power cord only.

This new one has one lonely HDMI input and a round hole into which a wire from a wall-wart power supply is inserted. Nothing else. ...not even a hardwires LAN input. How low can they go?

But, the funny thing is is that I cannot find anything on the interweb about this bastich. Wassup with that? A special run for Wal-Mart only? I can't even download a manual for this puppy.

J

jadiebugs1

Audiophyte
I was wondering if you might be able to tell my why my TV says this is a DVI device connection when it is obviously NOT. I can't get audio...I have checked both manuals and setting for the player and my TV...it just seems to be sending the wrong signal. Is that possible or am I missing something? And as you pointed out, I can't seem to find help anywhere, that's why I'm asking you.

crossedover

crossedover

Audioholic Chief
We were at Wal-Mart seeing what Black Friday sales were left and I saw this BDP (with wireless) for $45.00. We need one for the new place in Texas and this thing is almost small enough to fit in my wife's purse, and the price is unbeatable.

Now, I have two other sonys (S580 qnd S390) and love 'em both. I do notice, however, tht as time goes on, the connections on the back become less and less.

My first, the 580 has HDMI, LAN and red/white analog outputs and a power cord that plugs into the wall. the newer, the 390 has HDMI, LAN and a power cord only.

This new one has one lonely HDMI input and a round hole into which a wire from a wall-wart power supply is inserted. Nothing else. ...not even a hardwires LAN input. How low can they go?

But, the funny thing is is that I cannot find anything on the interweb about this bastich. Wassup with that? A special run for Wal-Mart only? I can't even download a manual for this puppy.
this one? https://docs.sony.com/release/BDPS2500_EN.pdf

M

markw

Audioholic Overlord
I was wondering if you might be able to tell my why my TV says this is a DVI device connection when it is obviously NOT. I can't get audio...I have checked both manuals and setting for the player and my TV...it just seems to be sending the wrong signal. Is that possible or am I missing something? And as you pointed out, I can't seem to find help anywhere, that's why I'm asking you.
I have no idea. I won't be able to try to connect it for at least a week or more.

J

jadiebugs1

Audiophyte
yes, that's the one....this manual is a bit different than the one that came with it, but doesn't help me with my problem, lol. same info, just laid out different.

M

markw

Audioholic Overlord
OK, I got the 2500 connected and operational. I had no problem with my (Vizio) TV recognizing the Sony as a HDMI device. This 2500 is as basic as they come so I'd be looking at the TV for a problem.

Perhaps you can exchange the 2500 and see if the problem actually IS in the Sony?

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis