Audessey multeq-x and sub headroom

K

kkem

Audiophyte
I have 2 PB3000s, with ports plugged, both located about 8 ft from MLP, about 4 feet apart and pointing straight out into the room. I level match the subs in Audessey multeq-x with a Denon 4400 AVR. When I run Audessey multeq-x, the measurements never show any headroom. Then when I design my target curve and want to add 15 dB of gain, the filters are always extended way above what the subs measure. I assume I'm missing something here. Please help!

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Haven't used the MultEQ-X but how does it determine headroom? It allows 15dB boost?

K

kkem

Audiophyte
It allows 24 dB boost... but it is at your own risk. You need to review your measurements and see how much headroom off the baseline your speaker has or else you risk blowing them. My speakers show headroom when measured, but the subs don't. This seems odd given the capability of the subs but I'm sure I'm missing something here on how the sub headroom is different than the speakers.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
It allows 24 dB boost... but it is at your own risk. You need to review your measurements and see how much headroom off the baseline your speaker has or else you risk blowing them. My speakers show headroom when measured, but the subs don't. This seems odd given the capability of the subs but I'm sure I'm missing something here on how the sub headroom is different than the speakers.
Seems a lot and would require a lot from the amp. Unsure how it calculates safe headroom, tho.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis