Second Purchase Iteration (Modest Upgrade)

F

Fifteenfeetoff

Enthusiast
Matte black is great for the dim lighting when watching movies. The speakers disappear. Maybe that is why she wants it.
I wish it was that simple. The basic truth is that she doesnt like dust (no piano black allowed) and all of the other LX finishes are just different enough to make it look like you were trying to match (satin espresso) or clash (natural or cherry) to the entertainment cabinet these will be sitting on top.

Eppie

Eppie

Audioholic Ninja
Exactly how high is the opening for the centre? The KEF Q350 is available in matte black, is 8 5/16" wide and is $800 a pair on Crutchfield. The Q650c centre speaker is also $800 so I think that fits your budget. Since it uses a concentric speaker you do not have to worry about off axis response. Only issue is that it's 8 7/16" high, but with rubber feet. The KEF website says that it is 214mm with the feet and 210mm without (210H x 629W x 304D in mm). KEF Q series is known to have pretty decent dialogue for home theatre and may be available in your area for auditioning. They make smaller speaker which you could use for surrounds later.

F

Fifteenfeetoff

Enthusiast
Exactly how high is the opening for the centre? The KEF Q350 is available in matte black, is 8 5/16" wide and is $800 a pair on Crutchfield. The Q650c centre speaker is also $800 so I think that fits your budget. Since it uses a concentric speaker you do not have to worry about off axis response. Only issue is that it's 8 7/16" high, but with rubber feet. The KEF website says that it is 214mm with the feet and 210mm without (210H x 629W x 304D in mm). KEF Q series is known to have pretty decent dialogue for home theatre and may be available in your area for auditioning. They make smaller speaker which you could use for surrounds later.
Currently, 6.5". However, I can remount the TV higher, giving me up to 8.5" between the bottom of the TV and the entertainment center. The KEF should fit in that scenario.

Eppie

Eppie

Audioholic Ninja
Currently, 6.5". However, I can remount the TV higher, giving me up to 8.5" between the bottom of the TV and the entertainment center. The KEF should fit in that scenario.
I think they're worth checking out then. Hopefully available in your area. The Q350 is common, though you may find it harder to audition the centre. They include grills and should have the flat black look that your spouse is after. Some stores may have a free return policy allowing you to demo in-home.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis