Samsung QN65Q7FNA large line / mark on screen

P

pjoseph

Full Audioholic
I have had this TV for about 5 to 6 years now has been wall mounted in the same spot the entire time, I recently noticed this mark which looks like something hit it but I live alone and I can't figure out what could of hit it.
Any chance it could be the fancy cable which does hdmi & power? see attached image from the picture test.

Attachments

Last edited:
lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
You sure that hasn't been there the whole time? You see it other than on this sort of test pattern? Kinda looks like flashlighting I got with the LCD tvs I tried (and returned, went with plasma instead), You have a cable that delivers both power and hdmi?

P

pjoseph

Full Audioholic
Def not there the whole time it is very noticeable, and yes I it is there regardless if it is a test pattern or not.
Yes there is single small cable that goes from the box to the tv that does hdmi & power, I was impressed by the size of the cable especially it being 6 years old now, not so impressed with the screen now that I have this issue.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Can you test the cable with another tv? Got kids that throw stuff at tvs?

P

pjoseph

Full Audioholic
I don't have a way to test the cable and no I live alone.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I don't have a way to test the cable and no I live alone.
Perhaps a regular power cord and hdmi cable as an alternative....but I'd think you'd know if someone assaulted your tv? I still suspect it's more an issue with the lcd/lighting....

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis