recommendations on new receiver

B

beakergeek

Audioholic Intern
Hello all, I was perusing the interwebs and have recently been looking to upgrade my home stereo. I was running a 20 year old Sony receiver to a set of Klipsch KSF 10.5's. They have treated me well, but I am looking to upgrade both. I have already picked up 3 Aperion Audio Intimus L6-IW for front stage. I stumbled across the Axiom Audio EP500 and think I definitely need that kind of earth shaking sub in my life, but am open to suggestions on a sub as well. My question is regarding the gamut of receivers out there. I know this is all subjective and personal preference, but I am kicking around a Yamaha TSR-6750 or RX-V777 and a Marantz SR5008 and or SR7007. I think these would be sufficient to power the front stage and eventual rear(looking at Aperion in ceiling speakers). My living room is what I would call and very open layout with a wall that rises about 8 feet to somewhat seperate the living room and kitchen. I dont know what I would need to include to help with narrowing this down. I am not looking to go too overboard, but I do live by the adage "go big or go home" :) I am somewhat concerned about the sound output of the inwall speakers compared to the towers I ran before, but they offer a much cleaner look for a main living room that I am looking for. Thank you in advance for any and all help and suggestions.
You might want to check out separates since you seem to have the budget. Emotiva offers very good value as does Outlaw. Good luck!

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis