2channel lover

Audioholic Field Marshall
Oh...nice!

Definitely in the family. I have a Marantz also...pre/pro (AV7702mkii) but I assume a lot of the circuitry is the same or similar.

It feels like I've been on a splurge...went thru some cash this week. This was just replacing returned amp, but I bought a Emo A800 today to power my zone 2 & 3. Then I was on Amazon picking up some RCA cables and two Polk in ceiling speakers (RC80i that went down a bit) (Atmos).

https://emotiva.com/products/amplifiers/800

I have been using an A500 to power the in ceiling zone speakers. I initially had a A700 to power the surrounds in my HT. The whole has grown (it always planned for a least 3 prs of speakers) and the A500 is really not designed for that so I returned the A700 some time ago while since I had never even opened the box. The A800 is designed exactly for what I have and the A500 will take over powering the surrounds now.

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
I woke up to an email telling me that the delivery had been rescheduled for tomorrow. It was immediately followed by another update resceduling for today. Kinda like "just kidding!". o_O
Wow. That's just not cool.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Oh...nice!

Definitely in the family. I have a Marantz also...pre/pro (AV7702mkii) but I assume a lot of the circuitry is the same or similar.

It feels like I've been on a splurge...went thru some cash this week. This was just replacing returned amp, but I bought a Emo A800 today to power my zone 2 & 3. Then I was on Amazon picking up some RCA cables and two Polk in ceiling speakers (RC80i that went down a bit) (Atmos).

https://emotiva.com/products/amplifiers/800

I have been using an A500 to power the in ceiling zone speakers. I initially had a A700 to power the surrounds in my HT. The whole has grown (it always planned for a least 3 prs of speakers) and the A500 is really not designed for that so I returned the A700 some time ago while since I had never even opened the box. The A800 is designed exactly for what I have and the A500 will take over powering the surrounds now.
I've been on a pretty good splurge too... I've spent a few thousand in the last 6 or 8 months. :eek:

I've been looking at the newer monoprice amps and I like a lot about them. As it is now I'd probably start with a 2 or 3 channel and let the 6011 handle surround duty. I can see myself going with a nice crown amp too. Not the prettiest, but sq is my goal here, not aesthetics (though aesthetics is always a plus) and I can find a spot for it. That A800 looks like a pretty sweet amp.

I'm gonna give myself some time with the 6011 before I rush out and start buying external amplification. I may not even feel like I need it (yeah, right). :p

Last edited:
lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I've been on a pretty good splurge too... I've spent a few thousand in the last 6 or 8 months. :eek:

I've been looking at the newer monoprice amps and I like a lot about them. As it is now I'd probably start with a 2 or 3 channel and let the 6011 handle surround duty. I can see myself going with a nice crown amp too. Not the prettiest, but sq is my goal here, not aesthetics (though aesthetics is always a plus) and I can find a spot for it. That A800 looks like a pretty sweet amp.

I'm gonna give myself some time with the 6011 before I rush out and start buying external amplification. I may not even feel like I need it (yeah, right). :p
If you do go for the Monoprice amp may as well go for the full 7ch model with the way they price the 2/3 ch ones....but as always try without and see first....

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Almost noon now and my dog started barking at the door. False alarm. F@#%!g dog... lol

2channel lover

Audioholic Field Marshall

I'm with you there except the past few days!!! We can't take it to the grave! May as well enjoy a little of it, right. That's a nice piece you bought there.

Smart move to get the AVR in your system and see how it sounds, how it sounds compared to what you had. etc...but, that said, you can never have too much power!!

A800...it hit the spot so to speak...it's not a powerhouse by any stretch but these are just in ceiling speakers and it can handle 4 pair and I'll be running 3 pair...for now. Emo just added a beefier 5 ch amp...the 5175, and I was tempted when I ordered the A800, but I think 80wpc (on the A500) is more than enough for your surround channels.

I need to figure out how to post my gear like I've seen many do here...I suppose it's a signature of some type.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
I'm with you there except the past few days!!! We can't take it to the grave! May as well enjoy a little of it, right. That's a nice piece you bought there.

Smart move to get the AVR in your system and see how it sounds, how it sounds compared to what you had. etc...but, that said, you can never have too much power!!

A800...it hit the spot so to speak...it's not a powerhouse by any stretch but these are just in ceiling speakers and it can handle 4 pair and I'll be running 3 pair...for now. Emo just added a beefier 5 ch amp...the 5175, and I was tempted when I ordered the A800, but I think 80wpc (on the A500) is more than enough for your surround channels.

I need to figure out how to post my gear like I've seen many do here...I suppose it's a signature of some type.
Yup. just click on your profile pic in the upper right and click "signature" in the drop down. I used spoiler tags so I don't have a paragraph after every post.

everettT

everettT

Audioholic Spartan

Add it to your signature in the control panel. Looking forward to hearing your Salk impressions

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Woooo!

20170602_125323-1305x734.jpg

Misty on the case immediately. She detected no damage.

20170602_125504-1305x734.jpg

Had to pop a couple staples. Trusty keychain pocket knife did the rest.

20170602_125644-1305x734.jpg

Looks to be pretty well packed. I've seen better, but this is certainly sufficient. Misty gave her approval also.

20170602_125916-1305x734.jpg

This is where I'm at right now. Haven't taken the plastic off yet. I'm gonna get busy and pull the old receiver (A Denon X1200W, I just saw Liam's question from earlier) and make room for the new before I finish unpacking. I'll report back in a l'il while. Yippee kai yay motherf@#%!

Last edited:
little wing

little wing

Audioholic General
Woooo!

View attachment 21078
Misty on the case immediately. She detected no damage.

View attachment 21079
Had to pop a couple staples. Trusty keychain pocket knife did the rest.

View attachment 21080
Looks to be pretty well packed. I've seen better, but this is certainly suffucient. Misty gave her approval also.

View attachment 21081

This is where I'm at right now. Haven't taken the plastic off yet. I'm gonna get busy and pull the old receiver (A Denon X1200W, I just saw Liam's question from earlier) and make room for the new before I finish unpacking. I'll report back in a l'il while. Yippee kai yay motherf@#%!

Congrats on the new amp! I'm sure it will sound fantastic! Don't ya just love Fedex some days?

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Forgot a pic.

20170602_125827-1305x734.jpg

20170602_135115-1305x734.jpg

Looks like it got signed off by QC and everything is there. Almost done with the swap.

20170602_134425-1305x734.jpg

Sure glad I got banana jacks. Made things easier.

Last edited:
Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Running Audyssey about now....
Yup! All set for now and sounds really good. XT32 did what I was hoping it would. I have fuller sounding bass now. Like, I'm hearing (I think) a flatter response and there's just more there. Enough that I can tell a difference almost immediately.

20170602_153040-1305x734.jpg

First impressions. It's heavier and taller than my old receiver by about 10 lbs and a couple inches. I could use a little more clearance on the sides, but there's almost a full 6" on top. Lots more stuff on the back and I really like the extra Audyssey I'm getting with sub eq'ing. The app let me level adjust both subs independently (said I had them up too high at first, but not by much) by playing tones for each sub. I easily was able to dial both in @75db for calibration.

20170602_153513-1305x734.jpg

Looks. This baby sure is pretty. It oozes high quality and looks pretty sharp IMO. The porthole is kind of useless as it's hard to see what's behind it from a distance, but I dont think it detracts from the overall look. I'm very happy with its look and presence in my system.

Power. Not much to say here. I haven't turned it up more than -25 (a fairly spirited level though) so far, but it sounds very nice. I haven't even gotten into the app for tweaking Audyssey's curve or anything beyond the basic calibration. I'm looking forward to it though, but I should probably at least have a Umik mic and REW before I go there. For now I'm enjoying the way it sounds right now. I'll download the app and at least take a look at it. I can post pics of the menus if you guys want.

20170602_152809-1305x734.jpg

Crappy pic, but that's what happens when I have the monitor on and blinds open. I just wanted to show off the separate sub adjustments. If anyone has any specific questions I can do a little experimenting and post results here. I have a lot of new options I didn't have before so I'll probably be tweaking for weeks. A very good problem to have, IMO. Woot woot!

Last edited:
William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Video?!? I took pics! I'm not shooting a video. Ain't nobody got time for that! I had a receiver to hook up! :p
Lmao! :Neener: I wouldn't have either. Definitely dig the pics though. Thanks for sharing!

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis