Reavon (Oppo replacement)

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
I have an OPPO 93 in its box that hasn't been used in years.
I bought the BPD-93EU version eleven years ago and it still works fine, and is the only player I have. A Sony player, for SACD, could be a nice upgrade to UHD where it not for the moronic implementation to not auto-detect Dolby Vision.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Hey if someone's wanting to sell the 93 for $20 please pm me....I could be encouraged for a bit of a higher price, tho :)

mono-bloc

mono-bloc

Full Audioholic
Hey if someone's wanting to sell the 93 for $20 please pm me....
Is that for the oppo player or the box it came in.
Oppo players are fetching large amounts at the moment Don't want to pay it. look elsewhere and end up paying double.

This just listed on AudiogoN https://www.audiogon.com/listings/lisb28c8-modwright-oppo-udp-205-fully-modded-cd-sacd-players
If it was advertised in my part of the world I would snap it up But given the exchange rates I'm looking at close to $7000, with freight and taxes
Strangely enough it comes with an inbuilt power supply, Which to me seems to be a backward step. Years ago I had a modwright convered 103, That came with a separate fully balanced power supply.

cpp

cpp

Audioholic Ninja
I bought the BPD-93EU version eleven years ago and it still works fine, and is the only player I have. A Sony player, for SACD, could be a nice upgrade to UHD where it not for the moronic implementation to not auto-detect Dolby Vision.
The OPPO 93 does a pretty good job at SACD via the HDMI. I also have boxed up a 95 my 105 is in the family room.

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
The OPPO 93 does a pretty good job at SACD via the HDMI. I also have boxed up a 95 my 105 is in the family room.
I’ve 140+ SACD with almost all of them multichannel so I use the Oppo as a transport only.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Oppo players are fetching large amounts at the moment Don't want to pay it. look elsewhere and end up paying double.

This just listed on AudiogoN https://www.audiogon.com/listings/lisb28c8-modwright-oppo-udp-205-fully-modded-cd-sacd-players
If it was advertised in my part of the world I would snap it up But given the exchange rates I'm looking at close to $7000, with freight and taxes
Strangely enough it comes with an inbuilt power supply, Which to me seems to be a backward step. Years ago I had a modwright convered 103, That came with a separate fully balanced power supply.
Yeah I could make good money on my 203 if I wanted to sell it. Rather use it, tho.

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
I'll have to change that to that the BDP-93EU will not play a sound if I enable "HDMI Ultra HD Deep Colour" on my LG OLED CX, something I noticed when getting the Apple TV 4K (2022). Mostly I use the built-in apps in the TV, though.

Verdinut

Verdinut

Audioholic Spartan
I'll have to change that to that the BDP-93EU will not play a sound if I enable "HDMI Ultra HD Deep Colour" on my LG OLED CX, something I noticed when getting the Apple TV 4K (2022). Mostly I use the built-in apps in the TV, though.
A Sony Blu-ray player would definitely be a good upgrade. I have been using the UBP-X800 for awhile and it performs just as well as my Oppo UDP-203.

On top of being a great performer, it is a lot more affordable than a Panasonic player which will not play SACDs. I strongly recommend the Sony line.

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
A Sony Blu-ray player would definitely be a good upgrade. I have been using the UBP-X800 for awhile and it performs just as well as my Oppo UDP-203.

On top of being a great performer, it is a lot more affordable than a Panasonic player which will not play SACDs. I strongly recommend the Sony line.
I’m hoping for a M3 version of that player that has auto detect of Dolby Vision as it’s about three years since release. One would think that the auto detect could be solved with a firmware update, but apparently not.

Where it not for SACD support this would be much simpler. Even having two players is not an option as just enabling HDMI deep color will cause the Oppo to not have any sound, even if my LG is off.

Auditor55

Auditor55

Audioholic General

A fool would pay $4,500 for that. It was originally $1300 new. You would be the fool of the century if you paid $ 7,000.

Auditor55

Auditor55

Audioholic General
I’m hoping for a M3 version of that player that has auto detect of Dolby Vision as it’s about three years since release. One would think that the auto detect could be solved with a firmware update, but apparently not.

Where it not for SACD support this would be much simpler. Even having two players is not an option as just enabling HDMI deep color will cause the Oppo to not have any sound, even if my LG is off.
SACD has been dead. They don't sound any better than Redbook CD. I would never buy a Sony player without auto-detect, how stupid and lazy of Sony not to include it.

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
SACD has been dead. They don't sound any better than Redbook CD. I would never buy a Sony player without auto-detect, how stupid and lazy of Sony not to include it.
Almost all of my 140+ SACD are multichannel and does sound better than stereo for the vast majority of them. Some multichannel mixes are not to my liking.

Auditor55

Auditor55

Audioholic General
But multich SACD you can't get on cd....
I was an early adopter of SA-CD, DVD-A, and even DTS music CDs, and I still have a few discs. The
multichannel mixes on most of those discs were gimmicky at best, kind of like how they do with Atmos today.

Auditor55

Auditor55

Audioholic General
Almost all of my 140+ SACD are multichannel and does sound better than stereo for the vast majority of them. Some multichannel mixes are not to my liking.
I guess I was never really a fan of multichannel music. Music is supposed to be heard in front of you and not behind you, to the sides, or above you, it's just too gimmicky.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I was an early adopter of SA-CD, DVD-A, and even DTS music CDs, and I still have a few discs. The
multichannel mixes on most of those discs were gimmicky at best, kind of like how they do with Atmos today.
I like most of those I've bought (not as many as trell has, tho but I don't buy classical much where most of the selections are.....can't find that many with content I want at a price I want), but yeah there are a few not so good ones but still more interesting than just 2ch.....but only reason I buy sacd is for the multich mix (and I'll take it on dvd-a, dvd or bluray....and I do have just one dts disc).

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
I guess I was never really a fan of multichannel music. Music is supposed to be heard in front of you and not behind you, to the sides, or above you, it's just too gimmicky.
Really? Can't say I agree with you here.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Yeah I'd disagree with that. I've actually sat back stage, side stage and on stage for music.....2ch stereo is a gimmick, too...

Auditor55

Auditor55

Audioholic General
Yeah I'd disagree with that. I've actually sat back stage, side stage and on stage for music.....2ch stereo is a gimmick, too...
Well, the great artist and musicians usually record and play in stereo, just saying.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis