Really Boring Stuff Only III: Resurrection

Steve81

Steve81

Audioholics Five-0
I think this is a good time for us all to "come clean".

Just for the record...

I am 265 lbs and 6'6"

My arms are 22"

Feet are 16's

and my shoulders are wrecked
I'm just happy the shot of me up on AH's Facebook page doesn't make me look too fat :D

sawzalot

sawzalot

Audioholic Samurai
I am not sure the inspectors do that good of a job, lol... I never seen them inspect a ball valve with a glass eye, lol.. BUT what they do is keep the installer honest and up to code. I get 5-12 jobs a week inspected by local officials, they walk in, take a 5 minute look around and sign the permit, thats it, BUT knowing they are coming insures the contractor will install L grade copper where it belongs, low water controls where they belong, fire o matic safeties where they belong, Flue piping properly with enough clearance and proper terminations, ect... I have dealt with inspectors from NY, NH, CT, MA, RI, VT, NJ, TN, and FL and I can tell you in my experience they just look around and don't know much more than the highlighted codes, somce of the state commercial inspectors are on point but the local residential guys, just look around and sign the permit.. If they find something obvious they may catch it, but in most cases they don't even know what they are looking at lol {when it comes to the HE stuff like geo therm, hybrid, multi fuel, ect...
I can't count the times inspectors showed up before we were all finished and we pulled insulation by where a firomatic was supposed to be, or hadnt had any bx ran yet, and they never notice, we always do the job right but sometimes they are there before your done and don't want to wait for them to come back so you divert their attention a little and they walk right by...

That being said, there is still no substitute for hiring a contractor you trust... Its more the knowing the inspector is coming that gets the job done right than the actual inspection itself.... And there is also nothing better than a informed consumer, if you know the codes you will know that no corners are cut...
I am not going to get too detailed in this response , I don't expect an inspection of a ball valve and I am not sure if you really think I would but whatever. I said valves and such because through a failed pressure test or two we have come to find out that most leaks occurred at precisely the two mentioned connections, first and foremost it was the valve (defective from origin) and then there was a few funky threads in a coupler that were not cross threaded per say but just defective. Now I will say this , I don't really care what you think about my post and why you decide to critique it the way you do but I have been in and around construction of all types for 35 years and I am very good at what I do , I don't brag about this too often and I never come here to toot my own horn, actually I hate horns and thats why I sold my klipsch. I offered a suggestion to a fellow member and that was all , I am glad he insisted on the proper install followed by an inspection.

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
I am not going to get tot detailed in this response , I don't expect an inspection of a ball valve and I am not sure if you really think I would but whatever. I said valves and such because through a failed pressure test or two we have come to find out that most leaks occurred at precisely the two mentioned connections, first and foremost it was the valve (defective from origin) and then there was a few funky threads in a coupler that were not cross threaded per say but just defective. Now I will say this , I don't really care what you think about my post and why you decide to critique it the way you do but I have been in and around construction of all types for 35 years and I am very good at what I do , I don't brag about this too often and I never come here to toot my own horn, actually I hate horns and thats why I sold my klipsch. I offered a suggestion to a fellow member and that was all , I am glad he insisted on the proper install followed by an inspection.
What size are your arms? You may be way off base here....:D

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
They are not as big as my heart but they get the job done .

How the heck are you doing Dawg ?
I think you spelled "hard" wrong.

I am good man. Freakin turned 50 in September, riding my mountain and road bike 100 miles per week, my doctor says I should consider drinking less whisky, FedEx stopped by with my SVS amp replacement only to tag the door and say they will try again tomorrow and the vet wants $350 to clean my little dogs teeth.

How are you man?

sawzalot

sawzalot

Audioholic Samurai
I think you spelled "hard" wrong.

I am good man. Freakin turned 50 in September, riding my mountain and road bike 100 miles per week, my doctor says I should consider drinking less whisky, FedEx stopped by with my SVS amp replacement only to tag the door and say they will try again tomorrow and the vet wants $350 to clean my little dogs teeth.

How are you man?
I am well, getting along in years too but still as active as ever. My Son is almost twenty eight already and I feel as if the time is getting faster each year. He is now a 1st LT. in the US Army and always on me to "keep up". LOL.
Work is good and steady and the weather here has been perfect, one of the nicest summers in a while , good fishing and even better swimming with the warmer ocean temps.

rojo

rojo

Audioholic Samurai
A children's boutique clothing website is having a sale on some dresses in about 30 minutes. Whenever their sales go live they sell out in seconds. I'll tell you guys something: moms are crazy. My wife had me code up a bot to automate adding the dress to her cart and complete the checkout. She told me this morning that it makes her really love me that I understand her need for a dress for our daughter. I told her I, in fact, didn't understand, and I was just invoking my hackery because I enjoy giving her the things she wants. Actually, I think I do understand, though. I think it's more about her need to defeat the thousands of other crazy mothers trying to get a dress. I'm fine with it, though. :)

Anyway, wish me luck. I'm about to begin an epic battle with thousands of crazy mothers over a boutique dress.

Last edited by a moderator:
BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
A children's boutique clothing website is having a sale on some dresses in about 30 minutes. Whenever their sales go live they sell out in seconds. I'll tell you guys something: moms are crazy. My wife had me code up a bot to automate adding the dress to her cart and complete the checkout. She told me this morning that it makes her really love me that I understand her need for a dress for our daughter. I told her I, in fact, didn't understand, and I was just invoking my hackery because I enjoy giving her the things she wants. Actually, I think I do understand, though. I think it's more about her need to defeat the thousands of other crazy mothers trying to get a dress. I'm fine with it, though. :)

Anyway, wish me luck. I'm about to begin an epic battle with thousands of crazy mothers over a boutique dress.

This upcoming battle reminds to this : ( Does "don quijote" sounds familiar? :)

rojo

rojo

Audioholic Samurai
I dreamed an impossible dream. I fought an unbeatable foe. I bore with unbearable sorrow. And I ran where the brave dare not go.

The battle was won before it began. Victory is mine!

It always makes me nervous putting untested code into production. I'm glad it worked.

ImcLoud

ImcLoud

Audioholic Ninja
I am not going to get too detailed in this response , I don't expect an inspection of a ball valve and I am not sure if you really think I would but whatever. I said valves and such because through a failed pressure test or two we have come to find out that most leaks occurred at precisely the two mentioned connections, first and foremost it was the valve (defective from origin) and then there was a few funky threads in a coupler that were not cross threaded per say but just defective. Now I will say this , I don't really care what you think about my post and why you decide to critique it the way you do but I have been in and around construction of all types for 35 years and I am very good at what I do , I don't brag about this too often and I never come here to toot my own horn, actually I hate horns and thats why I sold my klipsch. I offered a suggestion to a fellow member and that was all , I am glad he insisted on the proper install followed by an inspection.
Pretty detailed there, but I didn't mean that as a dig towards you, more of a dig towards inspectors and what people expect of them in my experience, if you took it personally I apologize for that... Next time PM me if something I say gets your panties bunched up... :D

PS I read that post 3 times, I can NOT see how the FK you got me dogging YOU on it, if you got something against me block me, and you won't see my posts...

KEEP THIS IN MIND< I SMILE WHILE I AM POSTING, so if you read it and think I am not smiling, read it again and picture me smiling, you should get it then... SOrry I rubbed you wrong, it was not my intention... still smiling {and I winked}

{I don't post for one day and sh!t gets crazy in here}

ImcLoud

ImcLoud

Audioholic Ninja
I think this is a good time for us all to "come clean".

Just for the record...

I am 265 lbs and 6'6"

My arms are 22"

Feet are 16's

and my shoulders are wrecked

Quiet down dawg, I know what you have to come clean about and its sick, just sick... you need to get right with god...
:D

I WISH I was 265 sh!t, I would pay for 265, although 6 6 doesnt sound tempting at all...

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
I am home alone.

I'm thinking I should run out and get a pack of cigarettes. :eek:

It's Friday night and I'm a happening guy. :D

ImcLoud

ImcLoud

Audioholic Ninja
smoking is bad for you, plus its expensive and has no resale value...

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis