Really Boring Stuff Only III: Resurrection

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
Ha. I did not think about the car. I figured it had to do with other personal issues that he did not want searchable. It makes you wonder though. After a few others that were banned in the past for not at all being who they said they were or made up stories about their personal life. I will give him the benefit of the doubt and hope he works everything out.
Wait a darn minute....if we wanted to tell the truth and have real stories of our life we could just get real friend's...ummm...like the ones out in public that you can really see...and talk to...

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
I am sure glad I forced the builder to change the work (gas line) to match the city code and get permits. Now I am getting a good deal. Solid gas pipes inside, pressure gas test and the whole nine yards of attention to details.
Too bad for the contractor he didn't account for that in the beginning, but the silver lining is my rich neighbors saw their trucks and want to install same water filter system as we did.

ImcLoud

ImcLoud

Audioholic Ninja
I am sure glad I forced the builder to change the work (gas line) to match the city code and get permits. Now I am getting a good deal. Solid gas pipes inside, pressure gas test and the whole nine yards of attention to details.
Too bad for the contractor he didn't account for that in the beginning, but the silver lining is my rich neighbors saw their trucks and want to install same water filter system as we did.
your welcome:D, lol...

Always check to see if a permit is needed, no way should you terminate a building with gas service with out permits and inspections.... Like I said, hard line inside, buried with soft sand bed, tracer line outside with warning tape above the gas line, pre and post valves, steel risers and or terms, ect ect ect there is a lot more to installing an outside gas line than just running plastic pipe to a tee in the basement....

ImcLoud

ImcLoud

Audioholic Ninja
Thats weird maybe because he is joining from a banned ip address?

I may feel a little embarrassed for believing the stories, I knew when he told me his house was over 10K sq feet I was skeptical BUT I did see some big houses when we were in Australia, I figured maybe it was handed down through the family, I know the being shot thing was kind of far fetched, but I guess I just figured who would make that up???? Well, what ever it doesn't matter to me, if it made him feel better "to each there own"... he could say he was the president of france if it made him feel better about himself.... IMO he can come back and not have to feel bad about it...

sawzalot

sawzalot

Audioholic Samurai
I am happy that you went this route, that is why I suggested the inspection and permit route, it is all for your ultimate safety and well being. ;)

sawzalot

sawzalot

Audioholic Samurai
Inspections imply a lack of trust.
I could never work under those conditions. :rolleyes:
Inspections safeguard against any minor defect in either craftsmanship and or product reliability. The smallest defect in shut-off valves, mis-threaded couplers as opposed to cross threaded , and who knows what else could be spell disaster down the road. I trust the installers on all of the jobs I am working on , I just need assurance as well.

ImcLoud

ImcLoud

Audioholic Ninja
Inspections safeguard against any minor defect in either craftsmanship and or product reliability. The smallest defect in shut-off valves, mis-threaded couplers as opposed to cross threaded , and who knows what else could be spell disaster down the road. I trust the installers on all of the jobs I am working on , I just need assurance as well.

I am not sure the inspectors do that good of a job, lol... I never seen them inspect a ball valve with a glass eye, lol.. BUT what they do is keep the installer honest and up to code. I get 5-12 jobs a week inspected by local officials, they walk in, take a 5 minute look around and sign the permit, thats it, BUT knowing they are coming insures the contractor will install L grade copper where it belongs, low water controls where they belong, fire o matic safeties where they belong, Flue piping properly with enough clearance and proper terminations, ect... I have dealt with inspectors from NY, NH, CT, MA, RI, VT, NJ, TN, and FL and I can tell you in my experience they just look around and don't know much more than the highlighted codes, somce of the state commercial inspectors are on point but the local residential guys, just look around and sign the permit.. If they find something obvious they may catch it, but in most cases they don't even know what they are looking at lol {when it comes to the HE stuff like geo therm, hybrid, multi fuel, ect...
I can't count the times inspectors showed up before we were all finished and we pulled insulation by where a firomatic was supposed to be, or hadnt had any bx ran yet, and they never notice, we always do the job right but sometimes they are there before your done and don't want to wait for them to come back so you divert their attention a little and they walk right by...

That being said, there is still no substitute for hiring a contractor you trust... Its more the knowing the inspector is coming that gets the job done right than the actual inspection itself.... And there is also nothing better than a informed consumer, if you know the codes you will know that no corners are cut...

ImcLoud

ImcLoud

Audioholic Ninja
About what..... him getting shot and no pictures?:D

Yah, he may have had a little problem with the difference between truth and fantasy... It reminds me of a post I seen on the sniper forum a while back, a kid {probably about 25} posted {on facebook} that he just came from the doctors and he had cancer and was going to have to get treatment, bla bla bla.. I bunch of people gave condolences and showed him a bunch of attention, then the kids father posted that is what complete BS, and the fall out was hilarious. I can see someone that is 15 stretching the truth a little to make themselves look like a "big shot" but someone past say 21 should be secure enough by then to not need that kind of attention, and I don't see what he would get out of it?

Oh' Well he was funny and it was entertaining to decipher his english, he must have some personal issues he is going through to be so insecure that he had to make up a fake life to try and fit in with this crowd, lol.. I bunch of guys gathering on an internet forum to talk about stereo equipment!!! I could see if it was a forum of female models and he was trying to make his feathers bigger and brighter but to try and impress this group of "degenerate know it alls" is insane... :D I wish him luck, and hopefully if the person he was on here is who he really wants to be someday {minus the entire "I got shot" thing, that I want to go on record as saying I was skeptical of} I hope he gets there...

I remember reading his posts about how dangerous the job he was going to do was and thinking "he's going to post that he got shot" and then sure enough, he posted it, that is bad karma, I know guys who have been shot and thats not a good thing to joke around about, especially this day in age, the whole "I have an 11K sq ft home, $100K sports car, bad ass elcamino clone, bad ass stereo system, ect" can be forgiven but all of us showing concern for someone that was never shot is kind of evil...
I still like him and forgive him and would welcome him back as the "real" him, if I had to guess I would say hes a 25 year old, with very little education, living with his parents, confused about where he is going next, with big dreams but no idea on how to get there due to the hand he was dealt... There is no shame in that, this is a tough time to be growing up, not a lot of money out there and money is king right now, years ago it wasn't as much but todays youth REALLY focuses on wealth...

I don't know, maybe I am way off and don't know what the FK I am talking about and he just wanted to fk with us for a couple years...

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
Yah, he may have had a little problem with the difference between truth and fantasy... It reminds me of a post I seen on the sniper forum a while back, a kid {probably about 25} posted {on facebook} that he just came from the doctors and he had cancer and was going to have to get treatment, bla bla bla.. I bunch of people gave condolences and showed him a bunch of attention, then the kids father posted that is what complete BS, and the fall out was hilarious. I can see someone that is 15 stretching the truth a little to make themselves look like a "big shot" but someone past say 21 should be secure enough by then to not need that kind of attention, and I don't see what he would get out of it?

Oh' Well he was funny and it was entertaining to decipher his english, he must have some personal issues he is going through to be so insecure that he had to make up a fake life to try and fit in with this crowd, lol.. I bunch of guys gathering on an internet forum to talk about stereo equipment!!! I could see if it was a forum of female models and he was trying to make his feathers bigger and brighter but to try and impress this group of "degenerate know it alls" is insane... :D I wish him luck, and hopefully if the person he was on here is who he really wants to be someday {minus the entire "I got shot" thing, that I want to go on record as saying I was skeptical of} I hope he gets there...

I remember reading his posts about how dangerous the job he was going to do was and thinking "he's going to post that he got shot" and then sure enough, he posted it, that is bad karma, I know guys who have been shot and thats not a good thing to joke around about, especially this day in age, the whole "I have an 11K sq ft home, $100K sports car, bad ass elcamino clone, bad ass stereo system, ect" can be forgiven but all of us showing concern for someone that was never shot is kind of evil...
I still like him and forgive him and would welcome him back as the "real" him, if I had to guess I would say hes a 25 year old, with very little education, living with his parents, confused about where he is going next, with big dreams but no idea on how to get there due to the hand he was dealt... There is no shame in that, this is a tough time to be growing up, not a lot of money out there and money is king right now, years ago it wasn't as much but todays youth REALLY focuses on wealth...

I don't know, maybe I am way off and don't know what the FK I am talking about and he just wanted to fk with us for a couple years...
I think this is a good time for us all to "come clean".

Just for the record...

I am 265 lbs and 6'6"

My arms are 22"

Feet are 16's

and my shoulders are wrecked

H

herbu

Audioholic Samurai
I think this is a good time for us all to "come clean".

Just for the record...

I am 265 lbs and 6'6"

My arms are 22"

Feet are 16's

and my shoulders are wrecked
This is all hilarious!!! You can't make this stuff up!!! Wait... no... I guess you can. :rolleyes:

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis