Really Boring Stuff Only III: Resurrection

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
[video=youtube;p2EA2nA2ar0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p2EA2nA2ar0[/video]

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
Mandatory video orientation is not the most fun I've ever had in my life.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Mandatory video orientation is not the most fun I've ever had in my life.
You should mention all of the teacher/student affairs in the news lately and ask for some video orientation related to that. :D

That doesn't have students in it...

njedpx3

njedpx3

Audioholic General
How are you guys doing? What kind of upgrades have you done? Haven't been in the forum in quite awhile

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
How are you guys doing? What kind of upgrades have you done? Haven't been in the forum in quite awhile
Hey, man! Haven't been on in a while - that's an understatement. :) I hope that all is going well. Things here are fine, and no major upgrades for me.

njedpx3

njedpx3

Audioholic General
I still have Marantz and Def Techs and PRO-151FD .. going strong. Been doing some contract work last 2 1/2 years

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
I may have a sickness.

I ordered a new Moen kitchen faucet last night.

This morning, I was offered another one. I fought the urge to get it like a champ. I was steadfast. Like a rock. For almost exactly eight hours...before I crumbled and ordered it, too.

ImcLoud

ImcLoud

Audioholic Ninja
I may have a sickness.

I ordered a new Moen kitchen faucet last night.

This morning, I was offered another one. I fought the urge to get it like a champ. I was steadfast. Like a rock. For almost exactly eight hours...before I crumbled and ordered it, too.

I hope you have a really nice basin wrench.. It may be time to invest in a mock counter top with exposed back, kind of like a faucet testing station, this would allow you to test all kinds, single whole, double, three holes, ect...

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
I hope you have a really nice basin wrench..
I just use the ones that come in the Moen box. Getting the original sink out in October 2012 was a royal pain because the nuts were all grimy (shut up), but anymore, it's no biggie. I've reviewed six (if memory serves) kitchen faucets since late 2012, and it usually takes part of a weekend day to get it installed, check it all out, get video for my review, and uninstall it. One of these new ones, though, just might stay in there - it has potential.

It may be time to invest in a mock counter top with exposed back, kind of like a faucet testing station...
Ha! Another buddy suggested that exact thing. He thought that I should get that and a green screen, and then I could look like I was installing and reviewing the faucet anywhere. Downtown Paris, whatever. Cool enough idea, but it's a lot easier for me to just install it in my kitchen then keep a fake kitchen stored somewhere around the house. :)

...this would allow you to test all kinds, single whole, double, three holes, ect...
Although I bet they'd get a lot of votes, I'm not sure Amazon allows that kind of video review. :eek: :D

Rickster71

Rickster71

Audioholic Spartan
...... thought that I should get that and a green screen, and then I could look like I was installing and reviewing the faucet anywhere. Downtown Paris, whatever.
Good idea.
You, Doug and craig7 always loved Paris this time of year.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Looking forward to giving this a try. It has the sensors like my current faucet, but a little different aesthetic.

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
So instead of tapping it you wave your hand in front/on top of it? Pretty cool. I'm interested to know if the sensors work well or not. I showed my GF one of the one's that you tap and she hated it. Claimed that touching the metal part would leave smudge marks and that it would drive her batty. She's already a bit batty so I don't want to see what her idea of batty is.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
I'm interested to know if the sensors work well or not.
I've had the Moen Arbor with Motion Sense installed for over a year and half, and the sensors worked great. I freaking love it, man. They are just like the sensors on automated faucets in public and office restrooms. I'm a much bigger fan of the motion sensors versus the touch sensors. If you ever have any questions about it, just let me know.

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
I've had the Moen Arbor with Motion Sense installed for over a year and half, and the sensors worked great. I freaking love it, man. They are just like the sensors on automated faucets in public and office restrooms. I'm a much bigger fan of the motion sensors versus the touch sensors. If you ever have any questions about it, just let me know.
I might. Although I wonder how pissed the apartment people would get if I swapped the faucet. I already want to swap the shower heads. I wonder if this is one of those things where tis better to apologize rather than ask permission.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis