Really Boring Stuff Only III: Resurrection

STRONGBADF1

STRONGBADF1

Audioholic Spartan
Sheets can hang out the back...just make sure there's 4' between the wheel wells so sheets can lay flat.

Rickster71

Rickster71

Audioholic Spartan
Sheets can hang out the back...just make sure there's 4' between the wheel wells so sheets can lay flat.
I was thinking that too.
The other thing, the Depot or Lowes has a panel saw and will rough cut a big sheet for him.
...... Maybe he just wants to feel manly driving a truck and all the practical advice doesn't matter.:D
Cheaper for him to just get rid of the Crocs:p

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
I was thinking that too.
The other thing, the Depot or Lowes has a panel saw and will rough cut a big sheet for him.
...... Maybe he just wants to feel manly driving a truck and all the practical advice doesn't matter.:D
Cheaper for him to just get rid of the Crocs:p
NEVER will I give up the Crocs!!!

When I want to feel manly I just let my GF carry me across the threshold.

Rickster71

Rickster71

Audioholic Spartan
It rides a little smoother than Rick's oldish Tundra as well. I know I'm not doing apples to apples here because of the varied model years but I do like the Tundra best.
Funny you mentioned that, mine came with Bilstein shocks too and they've got 110K on them.
Was going to change them before it gets too cold out... right after I finish vacuuming and laundry.

majorloser

majorloser

I drive a 2500 Ram Megacab diesel and yes, it was a stiff ride at first. But I changed out the rear suspension to a Firestone R4Tech air-over-leaf system.

The Kelderman system is much nicer, but also a lot more money.
http://www.kelderman.com/

I tow a fifth wheel RV trailer and the system automatically adds air to the rear as weight gets added. So you end up with a light ride when empty and a stiff ride when loaded. And because each side is independent, as you take corners and the load sways, it will add and subtract air from each side to maintain a level load. The bed dropping switch for hooking up trailers is also a nice feature.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
I walked down to the store and bought bird seed, treats for Niki, and a tall bottle of Stone IPA. Realizing that I'd be thirsty from my hot walk back home, and with that beer being just about the only thing to drink and it being about 3pm, I decided to go healthy and also grabbed some diet tea. Yep, I'm a role model. I should probably go on a lecture tour.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
I was lucky to snag a Sony STR-DN860 on Vine today. I've kind of shunned Sony A/V receivers for many years, but since it'll only cost me about $100, I figured that it was worth giving them a try.

agarwalro

agarwalro

Audioholic Ninja
Yesterday my Denon started acting up. Was playing just fine, I loaded up a new playlist on the media steamer and no sound on right channel. Swapped speakers and the problem is definitely in the amp. Did a soft reset, no change, did another and things were back to normal. Came back from dinner, problem was back. Did a hard reset and auto setup could not detect the right speaker. Did another hard reset and auto setup went swimmingly. Woke up this morning, problem is back. FML! ATM, the amp power is disconnected and I'm bored.

In other new, I moved from Omaha to Pittsburgh. I'm off to get a PA drivers license and then take the car for a state inspection.

TheWarrior

TheWarrior

Audioholic Ninja
Hurray for driving, but not having to drive to the store to buy a new amp! Hope it gets sorted quickly, and maybe, just maybe, allows for an avenue of upgrade!?

I've got an Aunt acquiring rental properties somewhere in PA, which may involve me for renovation work. Weeee....

agarwalro

agarwalro

Audioholic Ninja
Yesterday my Denon started acting up. Was playing just fine, I loaded up a new playlist on the media steamer and no sound on right channel. Swapped speakers and the problem is definitely in the amp. Did a soft reset, no change, did another and things were back to normal. Came back from dinner, problem was back. Did a hard reset and auto setup could not detect the right speaker. Did another hard reset and auto setup went swimmingly. Woke up this morning, problem is back. FML! ATM, the amp power is disconnected and I'm bored.
After giving me a super rough time for a couple of days, to the extent that I was actually price shopping a stand in while the X4000 was repaired, today it is back to normal. In fact, the current Audyssey processing is the best since I used every hard reset as an opportunity to experiment with the mic location. Fingers crossed that this was a temporary aberration in what has been a flawless receiver.

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
Exhausted, but at least it's not as bad as last year.

FTW-21's are going to GB sometime within the next couple months. Looks like I might be the organizer.

System sounds just a touch harsh at the top end when the screen is up due to the Audyssey calibration, however sounds perfect with the screen down.

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
Almost a whole week? Whoa ...

Anyway, still doing 12's but not to busy to post boring sh!t once a week.

Thanks for stopping by. :)

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
Took the Tundra for a test drive today. Seemed like a nice truck, complete with burnout while driving back to the dealership with the salesman in the truck with me. They want ~$54,500 out the door including taxes etc with a sticker of $48300. Meanwhile I could go to Chevy, right down the road, and pay around $50000 on a $52000 truck out the door including taxes, etc because of the discounts. Chevy seems like the better deal.

TheWarrior

TheWarrior

Audioholic Ninja
Took the Tundra for a test drive today. Seemed like a nice truck, complete with burnout while driving back to the dealership with the salesman in the truck with me. They want ~$54,500 out the door including taxes etc with a sticker of $48300. Meanwhile I could go to Chevy, right down the road, and pay around $50000 on a $52000 truck out the door including taxes, etc because of the discounts. Chevy seems like the better deal.

Remind me what purpose this gargantuan, over-priced, gas-guzzling, beast serves?

Just playing devil's advocate, do what makes you happy, but living in the south, I'm surrounded by huge trucks that seldom have more than one person in them.

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
Remind me what purpose this gargantuan, over-priced, gas-guzzling, beast serves?
To get me from point A to point B ie home to work and vice versa :p Plus hauling any and all of my projects and knick knacks to and fro. :D

Just playing devil's advocate, do what makes you happy, but living in the south, I'm surrounded by huge trucks that seldom have more than one person in them.
60-75% of the time, the extra power and size will zero purpose and the extra gas will always suck compared to a prius or even just a smaller SUV, I'm not kidding myself about "needing" it. I don't. I could easily get by with a wagon or small SUV and get just about all the functionality I need out of one. I've just always wanted a pickup, the extra size and power will get used from time to time (2-3 times a month), the 4WD/size/weight means going home to visit in the winter is no longer an issue (NY winters are no fun in a coupe), there are some places back home I like to go that require 4WD and not AWD, and "IF" I can make the numbers work I'll just be as giddy as a pig in sh!t every time I drive it (minus the stops at the pump and the 30+ gallon fuel tank).

As a math teacher, the logic behind a truck purchase falls wayyyyy short of rational, but sometimes you gotta say phuck it and go for it anyways. Besides, I'm at minimum a year away from any purchase if not a couple. The possible house purchase is first and foremost because that'll free up a lot of monthly income for the downpayment/car loan. The rent on this place is crazy.

TheWarrior

TheWarrior

Audioholic Ninja
Lol, sounds good! The only new car I'll be buying is another Subaru for my wife when we finally decide hers has reached the end, but at 230k, that is end is still nowhere in sight.

As for me, thankfully, I love my TDI wagon. Which is good, now that it has been rendered worthless....

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
Lol, sounds good! The only new car I'll be buying is another Subaru for my wife when we finally decide hers has reached the end, but at 230k, that is end is still nowhere in sight.

As for me, thankfully, I love my TDI wagon. Which is good, now that it has been rendered worthless....
That's partially why I started looking. My Honda is at 150K, but has a rebuilt tranny and has started burning a little oil, so I figure I better at least have an idea of what I'm looking at in case something real bad happens, knock on wood. Now a couple salespeople have seen my face and know my name so I wouldn't be walking in blind.

LOL. Silly Vdub trying to kill the planet :p

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis