Really Boring Stuff Only III: Resurrection

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
Read the thread about that little muslim bomb maker. Well I read most of it but none of the linked articles. Like I give a sh!t what happens in Texas.

Rickster71

Rickster71

Audioholic Spartan
It was pretty good coffee. Any port in a storm type of thing but it's funny particularly today because we ran out of the fancy stuff. It was back to Maxwell House and Bustello ... and we were sad.
We're by no means as sophisticated.... well, except for the can dispenser. :D
We like that coffee we all had at Porta that day... not sure where you guys stand on that one?
We drink coffee black. If they would espresso in a big cup I'd be happy :)

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
Porta coffee is very good. Gotta hit Whole Paycheck today and get some beans. If I don't Cheryl will have me drinking that Market Basket Panther Piss all week.

On a different note: I'm hoping to meet up with a long lost cousin that evidently hates Jehova Witnesses. They're okay to hate, right? I mean ... the choices are really getting limited.

TheWarrior

TheWarrior

Audioholic Ninja
We're by no means as sophisticated.... well, except for the can dispenser. :D
We like that coffee we all had at Porta that day... not sure where you guys stand on that one?
We drink coffee black. If they would espresso in a big cup I'd be happy :)
I'm on my phone, and don't feel like hyperlinking but search Amazon for a Bialetti Musa. I use the 6-cup as my one cup pot every day. Best coffee prep in my opinion. And you can take it on road trips with a camping stove!

H

herbu

Audioholic Samurai
They're okay to hate, right? I mean ... the choices are really getting limited.
And that's exactly why Alien and Zombie shows/movies are so popular now! You can make them the villains, hate them and shoot them without "offending" anybody. Seriously.

Rickster71

Rickster71

Audioholic Spartan
I'm on my phone, and don't feel like hyperlinking but search Amazon for a Bialetti Musa. I use the 6-cup as my one cup pot every day. Best coffee prep in my opinion. And you can take it on road trips with a camping stove!
My wife got on of those a few years ago.
We like it.
Problem we had, its base is small and doesn't fit well on our large burner stove.
Then again, as you mentioned, would work well on a camping stove.

TheWarrior

TheWarrior

Audioholic Ninja
My wife got on of those a few years ago.
We like it.
Problem we had, its base is small and doesn't fit well on our large burner stove.
Then again, as you mentioned, would work well on a camping stove.
Gas or electric? Gas, turn the flame down to just heat the pot. Electric: use smallest burner, don't touch hot burner. ;-)

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
On the subject of coffee...I just had a double-walled glass cup shatter and slice open my left thumb. Yay.

TheWarrior

TheWarrior

Audioholic Ninja
On the subject of coffee...I just had a double-walled glass cup shatter and slice open my left thumb. Yay.
Wow! Were you using it in an unusual way? I thought those were supposed to be well tempered and only destructible by a big fall?

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Wow! Were you using it in an unusual way? I thought those were supposed to be well tempered and only destructible by a big fall?
I was just hand washing it, and it (IMO) lightly smacked the side of my sink. Perhaps in regards to surviving a fall, the manufacturer used the Twister group's definition of "big." :D

Rickster71

Rickster71

Audioholic Spartan
Gas or electric? Gas, turn the flame down to just heat the pot. Electric: use smallest burner, don't touch hot burner. ;-)
Its a gas stove with widely spaced grates, with their spacing being the problem.
So when I adjust the flame and move the pot so the handle doesn't melt, it falls between the gaps.
If the base of the pot was wider it would work.
I'll have to look, maybe we have the small version.... I don't remember it being six cups.

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
Got the call from Fedex, new TT is ready for pickup. Can't wait for school and soccer practice to be over.

TheWarrior

TheWarrior

Audioholic Ninja
Its a gas stove with widely spaced grates, with their spacing being the problem.
So when I adjust the flame and move the pot so the handle doesn't melt, it falls between the gaps.
If the base of the pot was wider it would work.
I'll have to look, maybe we have the small version.... I don't remember it being six cups.

Yeah I've been using these for over a decade and have yet to find a stove too small. Either way, glad you enjoy it! Best coffee is the cup you brew yourself!

H

hankki

Junior Audioholic
All the talk about trucks made me think about this video.
A Norwegian race car driver test Dodge RAM SRT 10 on track. Jump to abot 4 minutes in.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis