Really Boring Stuff Only III: Resurrection

Rickster71

Rickster71

Audioholic Spartan

Here's one for Rick. It's an IPA with the slight flavor of an ale.
I've always been a fan of Sierra Nevada and Sam Adams. They were around from the start and made nice stuff.
I guess it's a nostalgia thing. Sierra Nevada Pale Ale, a hop forward pale ale, was a nice starter beer.
Way back, before these jokers started putting lime or an orange slice in beer. It's like putting ice in good whiskey.
Then it was Axe body wash.....
Don't get me started. NTTAWWT.

Last edited by a moderator:
Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
I'll admit I have a tear in my eye.
You were once a guy that drank Michelob Ultra::eek: Michelob Ultra | Anheuser-Busch | Saint Louis, MO | BeerAdvocate
Hats off to you for going for the 90 Minute.
I feel like my work here is done. :D
Please - it was Michelob Ultra Amber. That other stuff is swill. :D

Btw, I've had plenty of "good" beers over the years. I've been a La Chouffe fan for many years, but can't find it easily around here. Plus, I just like to go a bit more low-cal from time to time. That, and my nearby grocery store hasn't always had the most diverse selections. :) Target having the 90 Minute is a real surprise. Remember, I don't go to bars anymore, so I'm reliant on the stores that I'm not too lazy to drive to...

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
Last week I went to get dessert to go and pointed to cake behind the glass and said I wanted one of those. The guy says, "you want a slice of chocolate Mousse"? I said, "No, I want the whole cake". Guy looks me in the eye and says, "alright".

Rickster71

Rickster71

Audioholic Spartan
Last week I went to get dessert to go and pointed to cake behind the glass and said I wanted one of those. The guy says, "you want a slice of chocolate Mousse"? I said, "No, I want the whole cake". Guy looks me in the eye and says, "alright".
So I'm expecting to feed you when we went to Porta.
We increased our credit limits on cards all ready to order everything on the menu.
Turns out you picked that weekend to go on a diet? :D
At least the sight seeing was good.

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
So I'm expecting to feed you when we went to Porta.
We increased our credit limits on cards all ready to order everything on the menu.
Turns out you picked that weekend to go on a diet? :D
At least the sight seeing was good.
I thought you did order everything on the menu.

Okay, story time: We're at that place and the waitress is this stacked blonde number ... impossibly beautiful. I fall back on my 'keep my eyes on my girl' tactic. It's working good. I'm dying inside but that's the discipline. Rick had been talking up their coffee. Up until then I had been pretty quite. Wrestling with my inner demons is quiet work. As the young lady makes her way to our table with four coffees on a tray, I can see and hear what's about to happen but like an imbecile I blurt out, "look at the size of those cups!" I wanted to die. They were huge. :D

Rickster71

Rickster71

Audioholic Spartan
I thought you did order everything on the menu.

Okay, story time: We're at that place and the waitress is this stacked blonde number ... impossibly beautiful. I fall back on my 'keep my eyes on my girl' tactic. It's working good. I'm dying inside but that's the discipline. Rick had been talking up their coffee. Up until then I had been pretty quite. Wrestling with my inner demons is quiet work. As the young lady makes her way to our table with four coffees on a tray, I can see and hear what's about to happen but like an imbecile I blurt out, "look at the size of those cups!" I wanted to die. They were huge. :D

That place seems like they employ girls that should be models. That one you're talking about, she's very hard to only look in her eyes when she talks to you. My eyes feel like they're being pulled down by a magnet.:D
They all love my year and a half old nephew and all laugh at how much he flirts with them.
I walk him around and we chat up all the babes.

Bryceo

Bryceo

Banned
At least you didn't get drunk and ask her to marry you Alex. I've done that before.

Bryceo

Bryceo

Banned
In trouble for the exact thing right now made an ass of myself last night by asking the waitress if she was a Virgin

ImcLoud

ImcLoud

Audioholic Ninja
That place seems like they employ girls that should be models. That one you're talking about, she's very hard to only look in her eyes when she talks to you. My eyes feel like they're being pulled down by a magnet.:D
They all love my year and a half old nephew and all laugh at how much he flirts with them.
I walk him around and we chat up all the babes.
Kids are like a catch 22 when they are your own, they attract women BUT you can't do anything about it because you are married with kids... My boys are 2 years apart and when they were say 2 and 4 girls would flock to them, my brothers used to borrow them pretty often... My youngest is the biggest flirt, he was since he was a baby, but now he really is at 13 no one is safe, a waitress at a local restaurant in particular, she is very very attractive, probably around 22 years old, 5'9 ish 125 lbs, dyed red hair {Im not into that but what ev"}, and their uniform is flattering to her figure, so she always grabs our table when we make a reservation, and my son makes little comments to her, like a couple months back we were there {just me and the boys at the time} and my son didn't finish his pasta, so she said "do you want anything else?" as she was boxing up his leftovers, and he said "I'll take your phone number, just write it on the box", she laughed and said "definitely, in 5 or 6 years...." then she patted his head and said "but then Ill be old and you won't give me a second look", where he replied "second look, I havent finished the first look yet" where I stepped in and told him that was enough, lol... She laughed and takes his advances very well, lol...

ImcLoud

ImcLoud

Audioholic Ninja
That boy's got game. :)
He is too much, one of his teachers {well his homeroom teacher, not a subject} told me in the pt meeting that he told her "I'm glad your not one of my teachers, so it won't get "weird" if our relationship goes further than school"... She is young and pretty and she said she didn't know what to say, its her first year teaching middle school kids and she has been bombarded with romantic advances, but she said she thought my son was actually serious, lol...

Then he is JV and my oldest son is varsity, so they have 2 separate cheer squads and all the jv players go to both jv and V games, but the entire time he is watching the cheerleaders, he spent an after noon running laps half gear about a week ago because the players were all told to sit indian style {I know thats not pt, they call it "sitting, crosslegged now, when I was in school it was indian style} and watch the game, so when we looked down from the stands there was 40 kids sitting facing the game and my 1 son facing the opposite directing facing the cheerleaders, my wife said "go tell him to turn around" and I said "coach will spot him and he'll straighten him out". Sure enough about 5 minutes later coach spotted him, I was watching he shook his head and smiled, looked rite up at me on the bleachers and made the universal "what am I going to do with this kid" shrug? I did the universal running man motion with my arms, and he nodded "yes", he said somehting to his AC and the AC walked over to him and told him to turn around by spinning him by his helmet that was sitting half on his head... The next practice he came home soaking wet and not happy...

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
My neighbors are on speaker phone with someone. Holy ish. They sound louder in my house than I would be if I were speaking.

Nice people, but yikes.

haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Spartan
My neighbors are on speaker phone with someone. Holy ish. They sound louder in my house than I would be if I were speaking.

Nice people, but yikes.
They were probably raised close to a sawmill ....

M

MidnightSensi2

Audioholic Chief
My hungover girlfriend is on a Modern Family marathon of some kind. Think she's watched like a dozen today. Now she feel asleep and I'm stuck!

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis