Really Boring Stuff Only III: Resurrection

STRONGBADF1

STRONGBADF1

Audioholic Spartan
What can I say, I'm an animal. Any chance and/or excuse I can get :eek:

Well now that you mention it I was far closer to 23 when I got them :D

That's what sacrificing your summers at a hell hole will get you. Horrible work conditions but pretty darn decent pay.

Sounds to me like it's time for new ones. Maybe some phils........or if you're feeling really froggy you could get the high end version of the CBT36's. I know I want them. :)
Froggy???:confused:

These kids today.:)

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
On a different note, I installed a new thermostat last night. The old one still works great - just trying a change of pace. I might switch it back. :) The new one has a touch screen, but it's more difficult to read unless I touch it to turn on the backlight.
This new thermostat is growing on me. I don't like that it's more difficult to read, but it has a smaller amount of hysteresis that I like a lot. Plus, it has a reminder for changing the air filter. Pretty handy.

macddmac

macddmac

Audioholic General
This new thermostat is growing on me. I don't like that it's more difficult to read, but it has a smaller amount of hysteresis that I like a lot. Plus, it has a reminder for changing the air filter. Pretty handy.
I bought a Nest thermostat earlier this year. It's made by a group of ex- apple guys and is connected to my wifi and controllable through an app on my phone.
Also has a proximity switch in it that lights it up when you walk by.
Very slick and I'm extremely happy with it.
Cheers, Mac

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
I'm afraid to ask.
Will you be filling out hundreds of absentee ballots again?:Dj/k
Don't use crayon this time....no, seriously.
Sign waving for Warren (?) for senate in MA ... :confused:

Yeah, whatever. They grouped us all together for a pic afterwards. I stood right in front and said good luck trying to get a shot of anybody behind me ... click ... f^%& off. My contribution is now complete. Then I went and had a nice lunch at an old watering hole. Memories ... like the waters on my mind ... or something.

I'm away today and tomorrow ...
Good. I'll be selling some Phil3's in the Classifieds tonight. :D

... see you Monday ~10:00 AM. :)

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
So I'm in a bit of a sticky pickle and I need some advice. It doesn't really fit anywhere else, other than possibly general AV discussion, but I figure I can get good enough opinions right here as well. Plus I'm bored. So here I am.

My macbook pro is a few years old now and it is hopelessly cluttered. I'm not in tons of danger, but it's full enough that I don't want to bog it down with anymore programs.

I want to run a few programs that are HT and speaker design related, but are windows only. Should I invest in more storage and parallels for the mac or just buy a windows based laptop? Both would end up costing me about the same.

Thoughts?

dkane360

dkane360

Audioholic Field Marshall
So I'm in a bit of a sticky pickle and I need some advice. It doesn't really fit anywhere else, other than possibly general AV discussion, but I figure I can get good enough opinions right here as well. Plus I'm bored. So here I am.

My macbook pro is a few years old now and it is hopelessly cluttered. I'm not in tons of danger, but it's full enough that I don't want to bog it down with anymore programs.

I want to run a few programs that are HT and speaker design related, but are windows only. Should I invest in more storage and parallels for the mac or just buy a windows based laptop? Both would end up costing me about the same.

Thoughts?
Why don't you just run bootcamp or try using virtual box? There are also programs like DaisyDisk that will help you free up space.

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
Why don't you just run bootcamp or try using virtual box? There are also programs like DaisyDisk that will help you free up space.
Good points. I actually have virtual box, but it won't work for everything I'm trying to do, albeit it may just be user error there.

I also have another program that helped me free up a lot of space, which I just ended up filling up again.

I just downloaded daisy disk to see if that would help me.

The reason I was looking into parallels and just external storage was because I want to buy a blu-ray burner for my mac and parallels is offered at a deeply discounted price when you bundle. So I was thinking what the heck, for 20 extra bucks I could get parallels.

haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Spartan
I see life in the boring thread has not changed so much lately

Alex is still making posts that totally beats me, I absolutely don't understand anything he writes :eek:

But at least he relaxed on the pictures :p

haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Spartan
Good points. I actually have virtual box, but it won't work for everything I'm trying to do, albeit it may just be user error there.

I also have another program that helped me free up a lot of space, which I just ended up filling up again.

I just downloaded daisy disk to see if that would help me.

The reason I was looking into parallels and just external storage was because I want to buy a blu-ray burner for my mac and parallels is offered at a deeply discounted price when you bundle. So I was thinking what the heck, for 20 extra bucks I could get parallels.
Virtualbox is good, I run Ubuntu as my base system, and then Windows Server 2008 and Windows 7 from Virtualbox.... Although I haven't got guest additions to work properly with windows server 2012, seems like the drivers are actually not at all working on this OS

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
I see life in the boring thread has not changed so much lately

Alex is still making posts that totally beats me, I absolutely don't understand anything he writes :eek:

Which Alex? Big Alex or fuzzy Asian Alex? I bet it's the Asian one, he's got those shifty eyes.........

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
The silver lining to getting a belly - pull ups are more effective.

Feel free to use that excuse next time you're going for thirds.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Rick - I know that you'll miss your time in the East (oh, how I know...), but congrats on making the move to Sparta! Sorry that I missed it for almost a week. :eek:

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
Which Alex? Big Alex or fuzzy Asian Alex? I bet it's the Asian one, he's got those shifty eyes.........
No, not you ... and you can't have my name either. You are YAA ... and I refuse to refer to you as fuzzy in any case. However for a discount on a certain center I will formally request a name change to Oscar2507 in which case Alex would no longer be my name here and then you could be Alex.

j/k ... I simply wanted Harold's tenacious grasp of what happened in the banana patch to be further complicated by more of my bullshit. How'd I do? :p

Yes I am relaxed in the pictures. :cool:

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis