Ready to buy a Subwoofer. Suggestions please?

A

audioholic212

Audioholic
Oh my god,

These are my first subwoofers and I just hooked only one VTF-2 for now. Ran a test from my Yamaha receiver and it is amazing. I could hear the paintings on the wall shaking. I don't know if I would need another VTF-2 for my setup? I will post pictures soon.

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
I don't know if I would need another VTF-2 for my setup?
No rush! Listen to lots of music with good running bass and see how well balanced/distributed it is. Of course if you have a method to measure your frequency response even better.
Sounds like you have as much output as you need. The other advantage of adding a second sub is to help smooth out room modes. But if you are lucky and have good placement of the sub relative to your listening position and your room doesn't have any major problems, it is entirely possible that you've got you solution - as is!

R

rexracer

Junior Audioholic
I wouldn't give up on the second sub yet. My HSU volume is set at less than 1/4 and I have plenty of power for my small room, but I also have a hole that I can't seem to get rid of. I can't say that I hear it, but I can see it on the meter. A second sub would probably take care of it if I had the room and the money. The second sub will probably make it easier to get a flat response throughout your room.

A

audioholic212

Audioholic
Oh my god, these subs rock!!. I hooked up the second VTF2 and it shakes the room. I can literally feel the movie. Played the WOTW, tripod emerging scene, and it was amazing.

walter duque

walter duque

Audioholic Samurai
Oh my god, these subs rock!!. I hooked up the second VTF2 and it shakes the room. I can literally feel the movie. Played the WOTW, tripod emerging scene, and it was amazing.
Let me know if they pop the sheetrock screws, notice paint coming of the wall and ceiling and crack the sheetrock tape on the corners.

timoteo

timoteo

Audioholic General
Im really happy to hear how stoked you are with your new HSU subs!!

Ever since i bought my VTF-15h & MBM-12 i cant stop smiling when a big action scene comes on. Thor is amazing for low frequency. For music they are so great as well. As soon as i saw you got the VTF-2III i knew youd be lovin life! :)

Congrats & enjoy!!....Just wait till they break-in too!!

A

audioholic212

Audioholic
The most conspicuous one over the last couple of weeks was during the broadcast of the baseball world series, is the Verizon 4G LTE advertisement.
The skydivers taking balls of thunder and then dropping them on to the earth while skydiving gives you some pretty good bass.
I smiled EVERYTIME this ad was played since, this is the most bass I have noticed during and OTA broadcast. A friend was more than impressed. Told him, you should really watch the action movies on this setup.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis