RCA or Balanced for 40ft run

A

ajdavo

Audiophyte
RCA or Balanced over 40ft run between phono pre amp and integrated amp?

Hi everyone first time posting I have a cable question. I have a turntable connected to a phono stage 40ft from my intergrated amp and speakers. I want to know if you can run a shielded RCA 40ft without losing sound quality or picking up interference and if some recommendations of cable brands. My other option is to use a DI box to convert RCA to Balanced and input it through a Schitt Lokius EQ balanced input and rca output to amp. Any thoughts of best action to take.
cheers

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
RCA or Balanced over 40ft run between phono pre amp and integrated amp?

Hi everyone first time posting I have a cable question. I have a turntable connected to a phono stage 40ft from my intergrated amp and speakers. I want to know if you can run a shielded RCA 40ft without losing sound quality or picking up interference and if some recommendations of cable brands. My other option is to use a DI box to convert RCA to Balanced and input it through a Schitt Lokius EQ balanced input and rca output to amp. Any thoughts of best action to take.
cheers
40' is too far for an unbalanced line. You need to convert to balanced at the phono preamp.

Speedskater

Speedskater

Audioholic General
If the components are powered from two different AC circuits, then 40 feet is close to the limit for RCA interconnects. If on the same AC power circuit, you can go longer by using a coax with a heavy braided shield.
When going to balanced, it's not just about the cable, it's about the interconnect system.
balanced output stage >> balanced cable>>balanced input stage.

A

ajdavo

Audiophyte
If the components are powered from two different AC circuits, then 40 feet is close to the limit for RCA interconnects. If on the same AC power circuit, you can go longer by using a coax with a heavy braided shield.
When going to balanced, it's not just about the cable, it's about the interconnect system.
balanced output stage >> balanced cable>>balanced input stage.
I am still learning but I am using Samson MCD 2 Pro for output stage and input into Schiit Lokius balanced input I am yet to purchase xlr cables do you have any that you recommend?

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
I am still learning but I am using Samson MCD 2 Pro for output stage and input into Schiit Lokius balanced input I am yet to purchase xlr cables do you have any that you recommend?
Blue Jeans cables.

Speedskater

Speedskater

Audioholic General
Almost any interconnect made with Belden, Canare or Mogami bulk cable and Neutrik or Switchcraft connectors.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis