Problems with DTS and optical connection.

F

flyty55

Enthusiast
No updates available.

I'm going to use my player with the coax and be done with it. Maybe when it's time for a new player, it will time for a new receiver also.
Thanks

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Hi. Did you just check for updates on the player, or did you also check the Samsung site? There is a firmware release dated July 5, 2012 on their site at the link here.

F

flyty55

Enthusiast
Hi. Did you just check for updates on the player, or did you also check the Samsung site? There is a firmware release dated July 5, 2012 on their site at the link here.
I checked for the player. I will try the update from Samsung later on and post the results.
Thanks for that.

F

flyty55

Enthusiast
Well, I downloaded the file, unzipped to a flash drive, stuck it in the BD player, player knows it's there but that's it. There is no "verifying firmware version".

I'm getting used to the fact that I will be using my player with the coax. At least it works.

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
Well, I downloaded the file, unzipped to a flash drive, stuck it in the BD player, player knows it's there but that's it. There is no "verifying firmware version".

I'm getting used to the fact that I will be using my player with the coax. At least it works.
You are lucky it did not update. One of the things I found out about that player, is that they all become pretty much boat anchors after a firmware update.

I agree you best option is to use the player that works!

J

JMJVK

Audioholic
You are lucky it did not update. One of the things I found out about that player, is that they all become pretty much boat anchors after a firmware update.

This does not reflect my experience.

Check the firmware version on your player and compare number on the screenshot I posted. If yours is an inferior number, you have to update.

Hookup your player to your network so it has Cabled ethernet acces to the web.

With NO disc in the player, to go into the -> setup menu / System / System Update

Let it run.

when the player shuts down, restart it, use settings showed on the my first post in this thread, you should be good to go.

Last edited:
F

flyty55

Enthusiast
Hookup your player to your network so it has Cabled ethernet acces to the web.

With NO disc in the player, to go into the -> setup menu / System / System Update

Let it run.

when the player shuts down, restart it, use settings showed on the my first post in this thread, you should be good to go.
I've done exactly that and it says "The latest firmware version is installed. No need to update".

Thanks to all that tried to help. I appreciate it but I'm giving up on this "boat anchor" and will upgrade some time down the road. At least I know where I'm at. Thanks again.

Last edited:

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis