powerDVD question (bolby pro logic iix)

V

Vlatko

Audiophyte
this thing is bugging for a while now so i decided i might as well go ask here, maybe someone smarter knows something, i'll probably end up being silly asking a silly question. i'm running the new powerdvd 7 delux, before i wa running the 6, and my sound card is creative's audigy 4, before it was a sound blaster live!

anyway my setup is a 5.1 surround system and in the preferences in powerdvd i set the speaker enviroment to 6-channel and the output mode to "dolby pro logic iix". but whenever i play a dvd the output mode changes back to "CLMEI2". why is that? it's quite annoying, still i get surround sound but why can't i use the "dolby pro logic iix" output mode? what is it for anyway? which mode to use with my setup? i'm really confused, please help a noob.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
Vlatko said:
this thing is bugging for a while now so i decided i might as well go ask here, maybe someone smarter knows something, i'll probably end up being silly asking a silly question. noob.

I don't have an answer to your Q but there are no silly questions, only unasked ones. After all, you are after expanding your knowledge base. How else will you find out if not asking? Not sure about others, but I am still in training to be a psychic:D

K

korgoth

Full Audioholic
i think you need to purchase the audio packets..

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis