Pool side audio connections

Gordonj

Gordonj

Full Audioholic
Hi Everyone!

They are getting ready to break ground on our new pool and I need some ideas on a way to have connection(s) for an iPod type device at pool side. The main system would be back in the house and we would have rock speakers around the pool area. I just need some suggestions on connectivity for by the pool. The Idea is to make it easier to select music or change music, etc. I was just looking at some wireless items but just don't know.

Any thoughts?

Gordon

Rickster71

Rickster71

Audioholic Spartan
I suggest running some PVC conduit to the location you expect to control the audio from, or run it to a few locations. (Just in case a wireless option doesn't work) A separate run for AC and the other for low voltage.
This may also be an option: Wireless Accessories - Aperion Audio

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
I just ran a IR repeater from my main system so I have full control of zone 2.

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
The pool is looking good , how is everything holding up since the install ?
It all really nice. All the landscape is grown up now and we stained the fence a darker color. Looking good.

Gordonj

Gordonj

Full Audioholic
I just ran a IR repeater from my main system so I have full control of zone 2./QUOTE]

That is great. Do you also have any input capability around the pool for an iPod input or dock and if so how did you work that out?

It looks great!

Gordon

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
I just ran a IR repeater from my main system so I have full control of zone 2./QUOTE]

That is great. Do you also have any input capability around the pool for an iPod input or dock and if so how did you work that out?

It looks great!

Gordon
I don't have any ipod solution around the pool. I play most of my music from my computer which is connected to my AVR. Since I have a display outside, it's easy to navigate. When we are sick of those 5,000 songs, we play either internet radio or someone just pops their ipad or iphone into the AVR and we listen to that but lose outside control of in that case.

Gordonj

Gordonj

Full Audioholic
I don't have any ipod solution around the pool. I play most of my music from my computer which is connected to my AVR. Since I have a display outside, it's easy to navigate. When we are sick of those 5,000 songs, we play either internet radio or someone just pops their ipad or iphone into the AVR and we listen to that but lose outside control of in that case.

Thanks PD. I'm just trying to figure a clean and easy way for connectivity at pool side. It looks as though old fashion connections maybe in order. I am looking at a Denon iPod dock that is also wifi. If it works with other manufactures it might work for a portable dock. I probably will still run the cable for audio connections though for safety.

Gordon

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
Thanks PD. I'm just trying to figure a clean and easy way for connectivity at pool side. It looks as though old fashion connections maybe in order. I am looking at a Denon iPod dock that is also wifi. If it works with other manufactures it might work for a portable dock. I probably will still run the cable for audio connections though for safety.

Gordon
I could have easily ran a cable for an ipad at the same time I was doing the rest but it just wasn't important to me.

D

deedubb

Full Audioholic
Not what you're asking for, but I use a Soundcast Outcast speaker as it has better bass than any other outdoor speaker I've heard due to the built in sub. I run it wireless using iTunes on my Mac as the source and I control iTunes at the poolside using my iPhone.

Gordonj

Gordonj

Full Audioholic
Not what you're asking for, but I use a Soundcast Outcast speaker as it has better bass than any other outdoor speaker I've heard due to the built in sub. I run it wireless using iTunes on my Mac as the source and I control iTunes at the poolside using my iPhone.
No that sounds very interesting. Please let me know more. I was going to put in 4 or 6 rock speakers with two subs. But I wanted a better way to have source input poolside. So I was trying to find a way for an iPhone or pod to be poolside and have the source matreial. I would also have a cd player or such back in the house but I was more concerned about poolside. I was trying to avoid a wired input there but....

Gordon

D

deedubb

Full Audioholic
No that sounds very interesting. Please let me know more. I was going to put in 4 or 6 rock speakers with two subs. But I wanted a better way to have source input poolside. So I was trying to find a way for an iPhone or pod to be poolside and have the source matreial. I would also have a cd player or such back in the house but I was more concerned about poolside. I was trying to avoid a wired input there but....

Gordon
OutCast - The Ultimate Wireless Outdoor Speaker

I think you can run at least 2 of these from a single transmitter, but they play quite loud with deep bass. They have a built in rechargeable battery. You can have the source at poolside (eg any MP3 player), or you can have the source inside the house connected to the wireless transmitter. As mentioned above, I use my Macbook Pro as the source and use my iPhone to connect to iTunes (free app). That way, you have access to your entire collection of music on your computer at the poolside. I have my computer in the bedroom on the second floor and the sound is still crystal clear.

Gordonj

Gordonj

Full Audioholic
OutCast - The Ultimate Wireless Outdoor Speaker

I think you can run at least 2 of these from a single transmitter, but they play quite loud with deep bass. They have a built in rechargeable battery. You can have the source at poolside (eg any MP3 player), or you can have the source inside the house connected to the wireless transmitter. As mentioned above, I use my Macbook Pro as the source and use my iPhone to connect to iTunes (free app). That way, you have access to your entire collection of music on your computer at the poolside. I have my computer in the bedroom on the second floor and the sound is still crystal clear.
I will check that out! Thank you very much!

Gordon

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis