G

GFOViedo

Audioholic
My preference over Klipsch, is HTD Level Three - either the towers
and the center, or the Level Three bookshelves and center.
They are nice.
HTD Level THREE Speakers

HTD Lv3 Tower and Lv2 Bookshelf Speakers Video Review - YouTube
I second that. When we get out new house next year, I will be replacing my current set up with HTD's.

You can give HTD a call or email them your room's blue-prints dimensions, and they will give you suggestion as to what speakers will work for that particular room.

If you want a good budget speaker set up, Pioneer would work. I was going to buy the Pioneer FS52, BS22 and a klipsch sub. I ended up buying the Polk Audio Monitor 70 for the fronst, and Klipsch sub. instead.

I would suggest to get a good 3.1 system, and build from there. Also, HTD offer a 30 day in-home trial.

L

LoadP2004

Enthusiast
I second that. When we get out new house next year, I will be replacing my current set up with HTD's.

You can give HTD a call or email them your room's blue-prints dimensions, and they will give you suggestion as to what speakers will work for that particular room.

If you want a good budget speaker set up, Pioneer would work. I was going to buy the Pioneer FS52, BS22 and a klipsch sub. I ended up buying the Polk Audio Monitor 70 for the fronst, and Klipsch sub. instead.

I would suggest to get a good 3.1 system, and build from there. Also, HTD offer a 30 day in-home trial.
I've got an existing 5.1 setup...I'm looking to replace my fronts and center only at this time...I was planning on upgrading the surrounds sometime next year, then the receiver, then adding 7.1 capability probably in 18-24 months.

L

LoadP2004

Enthusiast
Yes, HTD does sound good - I for the most part, will not reccomend
poor sounding speakers.:)
I'd hope not!!! I like their 30 day trial...I might just end up going with them, as their prices seem fair as well.

P

polkaudiofan

Audioholic Intern
I recently purchased all Polk audio. A cs20 center speaker. Psw 125 sub, 2 tsi 100's for rear surrounds and two towers , tsi 400 for front left and right and it's incredible. Awesome sound. No problems at all. And when I called customer service for some help with setup and what not, they were great. This system is crystal clear and I listened to about 5 different setups and this one blew me away. No complaints at all.

L

LoadP2004

Enthusiast
Update:

So I like the Level THREE speakers from HTD; unfortunately, to ship them to Alaska (Floor/Center) is $378.

Any experience with Aperion for HT use? Their 5T/5C set is about $300 more than HTD but shipping is $178.

I don't want to "settle" with Polk/Klipsch/Pioneer by buying from Amazon/Best Buy...I really like the idea of buying directly from the merchant; however, it is ridiculous amounts to ship to Alaska. I'm not against paying $1500 for for 3 speakers, as long as they are of good quality and will last. It does make me "wary" now that I think about it that BB is offering their KF-28s for half off.

Again, I plan to use these for mainly HT use, very little music. Additional thoughts or personal experience with Aperion?

zieglj01

zieglj01

Audioholic Spartan
Update:

So I like the Level THREE speakers from HTD; unfortunately, to ship them to Alaska (Floor/Center) is $378.
Did you calculate the shipping on their website, or did you
talk to them on the phone? If you have not talked to them
on the phone - then talk to them and get final confirmation.

L

LoadP2004

Enthusiast
Did you calculate the shipping on their website, or did you
talk to them on the phone? If you have not talked to them
on the phone - then talk to them and get final confirmation.
Yup...talked to an associate and got confirmation with an e-mail response as well. I was actually put off slightly, the gentleman I talked to on the phone was rude...I'm not sure if he was having a bad day or if he thought it was a lost cause shipping up to AK.

zieglj01

zieglj01

Audioholic Spartan
Yup...talked to an associate and got confirmation with an e-mail response as well. I was actually put off slightly, the gentleman I talked to on the phone was rude...I'm not sure if he was having a bad day or if he thought it was a lost cause shipping up to AK.
It may have been more concerning the shipping cost - usually they
are real polite, and customer service has been first rate.

Also need to remember concerning shipping - that the Level Three
towers are 102 lbs per pair > and the Aperion is 57 lbs per pair.
The Level Three speakers are well built.

L

LoadP2004

Enthusiast
Yep. This is the drawback of living in Alaska! I'm still debating on Aperion vs. HTD, I think I've ruled out anything else.

L

LoadP2004

Enthusiast
It may have been more concerning the shipping cost - usually they
are real polite, and customer service has been first rate.

Also need to remember concerning shipping - that the Level Three
towers are 102 lbs per pair > and the Aperion is 57 lbs per pair.
The Level Three speakers are well built.
My wife doesn't also like the fact the Level THREEs are >50 lbs each...but once they are in place they shouldn't have to move until we move out! The more I look at both the more I like the Level THREEs...just not wild about $400 in shipping. Plus if they get here, and we're not 100% satisfied, I don't want to drop another $400 to ship them back.

Last edited:
zieglj01

zieglj01

Audioholic Spartan
The more I look at both the more I like the Level THREEs...just not wild about $400 in shipping. Plus if they get here, and we're not 100% satisfied, I don't want to drop another $400 to ship them back.
That is true, a lot to think about.

L

LoadP2004

Enthusiast
Update...still looking into speakers. The Best Buy here has some Bowers and Wilkins at their store but they are pricey, and thought they might work better with music. On another note, our TV is starting to die so I think all of my hard earned and saved money will now be going to a new TV and have to wait for speakers. Additionally, being in the military we expect to move back to the lower 48 in a few years...might wait until I can test drive the HTD products for their $45 shipping. Thanks again for all the input!

C

cptmorgemaker

Enthusiast
Very True my friend is haveing the same problem but you are in such an amazing state

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis