Places you want to go...

res6jya6

res6jya6

Senior Audioholic
Oahu, Hawaii ... LOST is filmed there... and I believe Jurassic Park had a few scenes that were filmed there...

mike c

mike c

Audioholic Warlord
Two words: Human Growth Hormone. :D
Just kidding, I have always liked the people better than the places. ;)

That place is called Schönbrunn Palace. It belonged to a guy named Franz Joseph.
I guess he was livin' large but then some Serb busted a cap in his punk @ss. :D

Here's pro pic of a about face view from that spot in better weather with flowers. Google images for this.
It's amazing and I missed the inside of the palace. Twice. The first time wasn't my fault. I was 5.

Edit: I found this and it is pretty cool:

http://www.schoenbrunn.at/fileadmin/content/schoenbrunn/Downloads/B2B/B2B_Folder_engl_2009.pdf
hey, i've been there :)

though i wouldn't want to go back though ... i've lost track which was which palace in Europe

Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
OP, wow. I never realized what exactly was there. No joking, I want to go there. A ghost city sounds absolutely fascinating. The only downer about it, no pun intended, is you can't just roam around at your own free will.:(

J

jostenmeat

Audioholic Spartan
Man, I'd like to go somewhere. Hit Lake Mead for a few days a year ago. That's the only time I took vacation during a 23 month stretch. :(

I was hoping to do something this week. Nope. :(

Sometime soon. I hope. :)

I would like to go someplace very, very dark at night so that I could finally really see the stars.
Doesn't AZ offer some clear skies?? Hm. Well, it's far far away, but I hear if you go into the middle of the Outbacks of Australia, it's so devoid of any light pollution for so many miles, that the Milky Way looks like a big fat solid bright strip in the sky! :eek:

mike c

mike c

Audioholic Warlord
OP, wow. I never realized what exactly was there. No joking, I want to go there. A ghost city sounds absolutely fascinating. The only downer about it, no pun intended, is you can't just roam around at your own free will.:(
yeah, if it wasn't radioactive ... you could go 'I am Legend' in the city.

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
I would like to go someplace very, very dark at night so that I could finally really see the stars.
As soon as Chernobyl quits glowing on it's own it's gonna be pretty dark around there. :D

res6jya6

res6jya6

Senior Audioholic
During the tours, they allow you to pretty much go wherever you want in the city. You can check out the apartments, FunFair, the cafes, the culture center... you can even get near the Sarcophagus of reactor no. 4 (and get a radioactive reading!!!). The main problem is, the more time you spend in the area, the higher the chances are of having to wait in the checkpoints and clean up the mess of radiation that follows you around. The will seriously not let you leave if the radiation levels are not up to par with everyone else. :eek:

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Anywhere but this box. Too bad that it locks from the outside.

darien87

darien87

Audioholic Spartan
That looks like one of the places where you're fighting in Call of Duty 4. Eerie.

If we're talking about places that I've never been, but would like to go to, then Japan is at the top of my list! Followed by Korea, China and the rest of Asia. I's also like to go to Australia and check out The Great Barrier Reef, while it's still there. :rolleyes:

If we're talking about places that I have been, then I always like Kauai.

res6jya6

res6jya6

Senior Audioholic
That looks like one of the places where you're fighting in Call of Duty 4. Eerie.

If we're talking about places that I've never been, but would like to go to, then Japan is at the top of my list! Followed by Korea, China and the rest of Asia. I's also like to go to Australia and check out The Great Barrier Reef, while it's still there. :rolleyes:

If we're talking about places that I have been, then I always like Kauai.
Call of Duty 4 has a Pripyat level, yeah :p You can see the ferris wheel in that level, too :D

J

jostenmeat

Audioholic Spartan
During the tours, they allow you to pretty much go wherever you want in the city. You can check out the apartments, FunFair, the cafes, the culture center... you can even get near the Sarcophagus of reactor no. 4 (and get a radioactive reading!!!). The main problem is, the more time you spend in the area, the higher the chances are of having to wait in the checkpoints and clean up the mess of radiation that follows you around. The will seriously not let you leave if the radiation levels are not up to par with everyone else. :eek:
I once saw a fascinating documentary on Chernobyl. I just googled it, and I'm pretty sure it's NOT Chernobyl Heart. However, it was narrated by a female.

They visited ground zero. She interviewed survivors who STILL live there. I remember other scenes such as washing down trucks as they pass certain zones, or even a sort of heavy machinery graveyard out in the fields??

So tragic anyways.

res6jya6

res6jya6

Senior Audioholic
I once saw a fascinating documentary on Chernobyl. I just googled it, and I'm pretty sure it's NOT Chernobyl Heart. However, it was narrated by a female.

They visited ground zero. She interviewed survivors who STILL live there. I remember other scenes such as washing down trucks as they pass certain zones, or even a sort of heavy machinery graveyard out in the fields??

So tragic anyways.
The truck graveyard:

The radiation levels were so high, that they couldn't re-use the vehicles. You can also see the school buses used to evacuate people from the city.

res6jya6

res6jya6

Senior Audioholic
Another place I'd like to visit is Love Canal in Niagra Falls, NY...

http://maps.google.com/maps?sourceid=chrome&q=Love+Canal,+Niagara+Falls,+Niagara,+New+York+14304&ie=UTF8&hl=en&cd=2&geocode=FUZbkQIdpFVL-w&split=0&sll=26.680102,-81.574286&sspn=0.006295,0.016067&ll=43.080283,-78.948698&spn=0.008636,0.013819&t=h&z=16&iwloc=A

The entire area was once used as storage for toxic waste... it was eventually sold off, and a housing development was started, along with a school (the 99th St. School)... it wasn't long after that residents started noticing pools of toxic sludge in their yards, dripping into their basements... kids would come home from play with chemical burns on their bodies. Workers commented on the fact that digging into the ground would show a layer of bright green sludge. The area was eventually evacuated, and the federal government had a hell of a time explaining why they would purchase and build on a land area that was used to bury toxic waste...

http://www.epa.gov/history/topics/lovecanal/01.htm

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
Another place I'd like to visit is Love Canal in Niagra Falls, NY...
I think I'm starting to see a pattern here ... :rolleyes:

Not much interested in sun, surf and sand are you?

Got it ... man made disaster areas resulting in toxic conditions is your area of interest.
Okay, I'll play. What else have we made uninhabitable?

res6jya6

res6jya6

Senior Audioholic
I think I'm starting to see a pattern here ... :rolleyes:

Not much interested in sun, surf and sand are you?

Got it ... man made disaster areas resulting in toxic conditions is your area of interest.
Okay, I'll play. What else have we made uninhabitable?
Times Beach, Missouri - Dioxin scare left the city uninhabited...

Yeah... I'm not one to sit around and enjoy the sun. Absorbing history is the way to go... I guess absorbing radiation and toxic waste are up on my fun list, too :p

vizionut

vizionut

Audioholic General
I would love to go to switzerland and check out the matterhorn mountain peak. My dad took a few very dramatic picture of the peak i wish i could share with you all. Well i guess i could share one of with with you all. Will post it later.

Last edited:
M

MatthewB.

Audioholic General
Wow of all the places you want to go, you want to visit Chernobyl. :eek:

Me, either the Playboy mansion during one of his infamous parties or Salma Hayeks bedroom. I'm not picky I'll take either one. :p

In all seriousness one of the most beautiful places I've been to was Lake Powell and have instructions that my ashes are to be spread there.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis