Pioneer Andrew Jones SP-PK52FS review

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
I would go ahead and print it out.

Amazon is liable to change the price without any warning, and it would suck to pull up the screen at Best Buy and see them listed at $129!

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
I would go ahead and print it out.

Amazon is liable to change the price without any warning, and it would suck to pull up the screen at Best Buy and see them listed at $129!
Good advice. They might bring up the page anyway, though. I honestly don't know if they'll only match a price that's current at that moment or not.

G

GFOViedo

Audioholic
Good advice. They might bring up the page anyway, though. I honestly don't know if they'll only match a price that's current at that moment or not.
In the last 3 weeks Best Buy has price match for me 15 times from newegg, amazon and Walmart.

mgeoffriau

mgeoffriau

Audioholic Intern
In the last 3 weeks Best Buy has price match for me 15 times from newegg, amazon and Walmart.
Out of curiosity, did they do it for anything purchased after Christmas?

The details I found online claimed that Best Buy will match online retailers like Amazon only for items purchased Dec 24th or earlier. I bought mine on the 26th.

Still worth a shot, I guess.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi

The details I found online claimed that Best Buy will match online retailers like Amazon only for items purchased Dec 24th or earlier. I bought mine on the 26th.

You could always return them and buy them from Amazon. :) Be sure to tell them that. ;)

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi

I just got BS22-LRs price matched at BB from Tigerdirect a few hours ago ($99/pr)

Last edited:
G

GFOViedo

Audioholic

Yes, Best Buy priced matched several items after Christmas. I bought two Otter box cases for iPads retail $79.99 each they price match amazon on sale price of $35.99. I also bought two Otterbox iPhone cases for $25 dollars each.

mgeoffriau

mgeoffriau

Audioholic Intern
You could always return them and buy them from Amazon. :) Be sure to tell them that. ;)
I just got BS22-LRs price matched at BB from Tigerdirect a few hours ago ($99/pr)
Yes, Best Buy priced matched several items after Christmas. I bought two Otter box cases for iPads retail $79.99 each they price match amazon on sale price of $35.99. I also bought two Otterbox iPhone cases for $25 dollars each.
Thanks guys! I stopped at BB on my way home from work today. The girl at the Geek Squad counter said that they could only pricematch Amazon at the time of the sale. I responded politely that I had not seen that on any of the advertisements and that I was hoping to avoid having to return the speakers. She hemmed and hawed for a moment and then called over a manager who promptly approved the price match refund.

I didn't think I could like these speakers much more than I already do, but $53 back in my pocket doesn't hurt!

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Thanks guys! I stopped at BB on my way home from work today. The girl at the Geek Squad counter said that they could only pricematch Amazon at the time of the sale. I responded politely that I had not seen that on any of the advertisements and that I was hoping to avoid having to return the speakers. She hemmed and hawed for a moment and then called over a manager who promptly approved the price match refund.

I didn't think I could like these speakers much more than I already do, but $53 back in my pocket doesn't hurt!
Awesome! I'm glad that it worked out for you. $53 isn't anything to sneeze at. :)

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi

Yeah, when I asked the guy about the price match he went off to talk to a manager too and was gone for a while before coming back and saying he would do it. Someone else earlier in this thread had gotten them to match TigerDirect, so I was pretty sure they would do it for me. Even better that you got money back after the fact :)

G

GFOViedo

Audioholic
I'm surprised they had to talk to a manager to do a price match. I didn't have to do that, with the exception of Apple products. Fry's Electronics had the iPad 2 for $350, and Best Buy matched it after talking to the manager.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
I'm surprised they had to talk to a manager to do a price match. I didn't have to do that, with the exception of Apple products. Fry's Electronics had the iPad 2 for $350, and Best Buy matched it after talking to the manager.
It's just because lowly associates probably can't adjust prices. I would imagine that is a manager and up thing.

H

HTKamikazee

Audioholics Sheriff
Wow, now looking at your photo is when I realize that these Andrew Jones speakers are in fact 6ohms. I just bought three FS52's to use them as Left Main, Center and Right Main and I've always thought they were 8ohms speakers. I ran to my HT Room to get my Denon AVR-2312ci receiver's manual and I was relieved to find out that it is capable of handling 6ohms speakers as well. I got freaked out for a second!!!

This was me when is saw you photo - :confused: :eek: :mad:
This is me now - :D :D :D

Happy new year to all!!! Now it is time to unpack these babies when I get home.

mgeoffriau

mgeoffriau

Audioholic Intern
It's just because lowly associates probably can't adjust prices. I would imagine that is a manager and up thing.
I believe the associate would have been able to adjust the prices if she wasn't unsure about it being against policy to pricematch after the point of sale. That said, she asked the manager (in front of me) if they could just pricematch Amazon even after the fact without checking with a manager and the manager said it was fine.

G

GFOViedo

Audioholic
Wow, now looking at your photo is when I realize that these Andrew Jones speakers are in fact 6ohms. I just bought three FS52's to use them as Left Main, Center and Right Main and I've always thought they were 8ohms speakers. I ran to my HT Room to get my Denon AVR-2312ci receiver's manual and I was relieved to find out that it is capable of handling 6ohms speakers as well. I got freaked out for a second!!!

Why would you get freak out. Any AVR will be able to power up these speakers. They do not require that much power at all.

ahblaza

ahblaza

Audioholic Field Marshall

Good to hear brother, fire those babies up and enjoy, the Denon will make them shine:)

H

HTKamikazee

Audioholics Sheriff
Thanks, boys!!! I can't wait to fire them up with some opd earth shattering bli-ray movies at reference level!!

H

HTKamikazee

Audioholics Sheriff
HUH...what did you say:D
Hahaha sorry, my bad. Had too many drinks last night... :D
No, seriously, I was carrying several things at the same time as I was writing. What I meant was (original text correction):

Thanks, boys!!! I can't wait to fire them up with some good earth shattering blu-ray movies at reference level!!

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Hahaha sorry, my bad. Had too many drinks last night... :D
No, seriously, I was carrying several things at the same time as I was writing. What I meant was (original text correction):

Thanks, boys!!! I can't wait to fire them up with some good earth shattering blu-ray movies at reference level!!
Be sure to report back and of course pics of the setup is needed.:D Enjoy them.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis